i slipped and cant get back.....

Hey guys, i have been lurking for a long time, but i signed up and will make my confession. I started TCD in late June, I had wanted to lose weight and tried a variety of diets with mixed success. I overheard someone talking about The Cambridge Diet and decided that it seemed extreme, but desperate times require desperate measures.

My wife decided she would sign up as well, so finding our local counselor we began the diet..those first three days, were difficult, but at the same time it was something i was committed to so i just got on with it.....in my first week lost a stone, Incredible, I couldn't believe it, a diet that worked.

With my mind in the right place my weight loss continued, this was easy, i didn't crave food, i liked the shakes and i was sticking to it like glue. I knew that in September there was a family event to attend so I just carried on and by the time the event came along i had lost 3 stone.

Now here lies the problem that I have had with every diet i have ever been successful on.....i lose weight and start to fit into smaller clothes, then people start to notice and they compliment me on the way i look and in my head my brain says, "its done, we can stop now". So i slowly stop being good, and before i know it i am pretending i am still on the diet.

This is where i am now, for the last few months i have not been committed to the diet, i try to get back on, knowing those three days are all that stop me, because after that the desire to eat is gone, but i keep slipping. I have maintained my weight,going up 3 pounds and then back down again, so i know i am not starting from scratch, but i have another 3 stone to lose and yet i cant break the three day transition.

I hoped by putting it down somewhere that other people could read this, it might help me to focus and get back on track, thanks for listening. :)

Hi there , yes i really know what you are saying , i am trying all the time to get back on with it and i have say 3.5 to lose , its going to take a strong mind to get me back there.... I feel i will be happy if i lost the weight , had a shake but as the day goes on the demons come and say go on have something nice , well i really have had enough of not getting anywhere and i had a shake today just got to get the day over with to say i think my strong head is back ... lets see what happens . So what do you think will make you strong todo this again ?

Thanks for replying MsJMC, i needed a friendly voice..

i am pretty determined at the moment, i have had a shake, but i had to pop into town and everywhere i look is temptation and if i look forward i can only see Christmas as a time to let my hair down, so why not start now....not the right attitude at all.

Its the struggle in your head that is the worst, the demons saying that some meat product wouldnt count....i hate it.

But i loved the feeling of another week gone and another few pounds gone, so that will be my motivation....by thursday this will be easy :p

I hope :p

Thanks for replying MsJMC, i needed a friendly voice..

i am pretty determined at the moment, i have had a shake, but i had to pop into town and everywhere i look is temptation and if i look forward i can only see Christmas as a time to let my hair down, so why not start now....not the right attitude at all.

Its the struggle in your head that is the worst, the demons saying that some meat product wouldnt count....i hate it.

But i loved the feeling of another week gone and another few pounds gone, so that will be my motivation....by thursday this will be easy :p

I hope :p

I hope you are feeling confident, I know all too well about the 'demons' telling you you can have a meat based product - it is a common one with me I am afraid. Even now I have to remind myself that to me food is a drug, not just something I use to survive and I really think that its this mindset that causes me to slip as I get all the symptoms of a full-blown addict. I am soooo easily convinced by my own brain that it is a good idea to have a salad or even chicken nuggets, I really do need to be locked away for three days and then I know I will be fine as the high I get by not having food control my every move is just incredible, but hey, I know we will all get there - these are just bumps in the road :rolleyes:

Take care
Tatty xx

Good luck from me too,
In the same position, lost 4 stone out of the 7 I initially wanted to lose but have been messing around since July!!! (July for goodness sake, I can't believe myself!!!) The change was so quick and dramatic that I got complacent and forgot that food is my drug of choice. I keep giving myself excuses to put off SSing again and I am falling back into the bad habits, I have been saying that I will SS again from January!! But changed my mind this morning, and thought that putting off was a step backwards and I need to go forwards. Have had 2 packs so far but not enough water.
I'm sure we'll get there but it is much more difficult second time round. Wish they could bottle the way you felt on the first day of SSing, all determined and positive and facing the unknown! I think its because when you first choose a VLC diet you are desparate and have hit rock bottom, having lost some weight that feeling has not dissappeared but isn't so urgent. Need to get the urgency back!! Set some new goals. Once the 3 days have kicked in there'll be no stopping us! Keep drinking the water, off to the watercooler!!

Hey Julie, thanks for that, I am feeling a little bit brighter now....nothing like a bit of neighbours eh..hahaha. Anyway, i thought i would do the weigh myself everyday thing again for a while, it really encouraged me to keep going before. I am glad i posted this morning, all of you helping me keep going!

Hi there!

I have done exactly the same too! I started Cambridge in March, lost 4 stone between then and July and then promptly fell off the wagon.

Same as you, I felt so good in my new, smaller clothes that the demons in my head convinced me that I didn't need to diet anymore and to eat again. The result? I put 10 pounds on between July and October. DOH!!!

Frankly, I keep forgetting, that despite loosing some of the weight I planned too, I am still a fat cow, and do still need to stick to it!!! The demons will try anything to get that pork pie into my mouth!!!

So, I tried and tried to start again and then finally, 4 weeks ago, something clicked and I managed to stay on for the first 3 days. After that, its plain sailing. It really is just the first 3 days - you know you can do it - you just need to find that something inside you that gets you through to ketosis.

So, I'd say, just keep trying - you'll get there in the end. But if you really struggle, try stepping down through the programs. Try going 1000 for a week, then a week at 790 and then onto SS. There's a sticky in the Cambridge forum called "Stepping you Way into Sole Sourcing! " which explains how.

Good luck!!!

xx

So, I'd say, just keep trying - you'll get there in the end. But if you really struggle, try stepping down through the programs. Try going 1000 for a week, then a week at 790 and then onto SS. There's a sticky in the Cambridge forum called "Stepping you Way into Sole Sourcing! " which explains how.

xx

This is great advice from Joolz..... you've done so well and it's fantastic that you're maintaining at the moment. It's always harder to get back into it after the first time, but you know you can do it and will again:D
Keep posting and let us know how you're getting on....all the fab support on here get's us all through difficult days:)

xxxxxxxx:)

Yes another week more Lbs gone , good way to look at it , i was alot better today , look i'm here , in the evening , now i hardly come on then , so must be getting a good feeling back about tackling my weight , been really good today , think about 700 cals in all , but feeling sore throat on the way with a bad headache , ho well as long as i am doing well lol . Hope everyone is in a postive mind , if not there is always another day , never stop giving up !!

well, that was a fun day :(, but with everyones support and kind words i made it, so onto day two.....told a friend i am meeting tonight i cannot go for dinner, so that is good, normally we eat BIG burgers, but not today.

feeling positive but hungry....lets do it! :)

Saying no to burgers... I guess you really are thinking Thin thoughts .... I had a look today at the slide show , and I have not looked at that in along time , I just usaly go straight to the gallery , its been updated since I last went in but , just to see the B4 and after photos... people who have lost so much and looking so happy as in the B4 photo they seem like they did'nt want their photo to be even taken , but now so proud of themselfs . Big well done to all of them !!!

well, that was a fun day :(, but with everyones support and kind words i made it, so onto day two.....told a friend i am meeting tonight i cannot go for dinner, so that is good, normally we eat BIG burgers, but not today.

feeling positive but hungry....lets do it! :)

You won't be hungry for much longer ghouly, stick with it - we're routing for you!!!

I've just had a moment of astounding inspiration... I was looking at the 'Size 20/22 to size 16 in 84 days' post on the Cambridge forum. The poster was inspiring enough, but if you look through the posts, there's a link to BigJohn's blog - the man was 25 stone in January, and now he's in training for the Reading marathon!!

Amazing story - and it's so inspirational it has succeeded in keeping me away from the biscuit tin this morning!!!

Loving all the love from you all....i couldn't do this without you! Tomorrow i will mainly be out of contact, but on Thursday i hope that i will be able to tell you i have made it and then continued weight loss..........

I am so glad i finally did this and had like minded people to help motivate, and maybe in some small way, motivate someone too.

till we speak again....

Loving all the love from you all....i couldn't do this without you! Tomorrow i will mainly be out of contact, but on Thursday i hope that i will be able to tell you i have made it and then continued weight loss..........

I am so glad i finally did this and had like minded people to help motivate, and maybe in some small way, motivate someone too.

till we speak again....

So....? How have you got on? Positive vibes coming your way!!

Tatty xx

Sorry for the delay, i have been nowhere near the internet :(

I hate to admit it, but, I crashed and burned, i am feeling like i let everyone down a bit....sorry! i went to work out of town on the wed, i took my tetras to cover me, but they added two days work on to it, so i had to stay away from home, i didn't even have a spare clothes let alone shakes.....i am so annoyed, because i was doing so well. Anyway, there are always excuses and as of tomorrow, i will jump back on it, oh well, back to day one. :(

To all of you who helped me, sorry to give the bad news, but i will pick myself up and dust myself off......roll on Monday!!!

Back