I spoke to a nurse yesterday...

I can only imagine adverse affects on CD if one were to continue SS only for it months and months without moving up plan. Porgeous may I ask how long it took you to lose your weight on CD? I am assuming you weren't on it for months and months?

IMHO, while I don't think a VLCD is the most healthy way of losing weight - it is BY FAR more healthy to do a VLCD for a few months (or however long you need to be on it) than being overweight/obese for a LOT longer if you choose to lose weight by the 'healthy eating and exercise' they insist is so easy.

BUT - I believe that for some people it is the right option, or in their mind the only option. I know that for me, I would NOT have done it without a VLCD - losses on WW would have been too slow for me and I would've given up and resigned myself to being obese for the rest of my life :rolleyes:

My GP had the same thoughts as me - I wanted to do Cambridge to shift the weight, purely to get me to a healthy weight and then lose a lil bit more (and maintain) with WW/healthy eating/exercise.

So yeah - ask you 'friend' if it's healthier to be on a VLCD for a few months, or be overweight for the rest of your life.
(I thought so.)

xx

I'm an admin manager in the NHS for a team of Community Matrons - very senior nurses, all of them.

Without a single exception, they've all been fully supportive of CD and wish they had the willpower to do it themselves.

In fact, a few weeks ago we had a representative from Pfizer who gave the matrons some guidance on healthy eating... and catered the event with Tesco sandwiches and Pringles! The matrons loved it!

The only person I've encountered in my workplace who has an objection to it is ironically someone whose mother is a nurse... and was a CDC a couple of decades ago. Not sure how different the diet or the advice used to be back then, but for some reason, she's an ardent opponent of it now.

I believe many of the people who are ardently against the diet are those who know nothing about it. When I took the form in for my doctor to sign he said he would charge me for it and I was prepared to pay the fee. However I left him all the paperwork for doctors that my CDC gave to me and when I went to pick it up he didn't charge me for it. He even said I should have a monthly weigh in with a nurse and if there was any way they could help they would be willing.

I believe many of the people who are ardently against the diet are those who know nothing about it.

Totally agree. I had a client who needed a sig from the doctor. I gave her an 'information for doctors' booklet to take with her.

The doctor admitted to not knowing anything about the diet, but read the whole booklet whilst she was there, went through any side effects with my client to make sure she understood, and ended by saying that she couldn't see any problem with her doing the diet and she wished her well :clap:

Evidently she was with the doctor for quite a while :D

Bravo for clients doctor :clap:

After my gallbladder op my doctor refused to let me go back on the diet not because he thought it was a good idea I use the full 3 months recovery time (I was perfectly healthy and my CDC was fine with it as long as I got my doctors permission!) but because he knew nothing about the diet!:mad: He chucked a perscription for weight loss pills at me and told me that should keep my weight down until the 3 months was up!!!:eek::mad: (chucking chemicals down my throat is obviously 'healthy' to him!!!)
To me in the medical profession not knowing about a diet like this is not a valid reason to not allow someone to do it, they are payed enough to help people so if that involves a little extra homework in their own time before they right it off then that's what they should do!

All in all, I've found that people who berate CD are the ones who actually know nothing about it, and base their incorrect assumptions on rumours and the fact that they took a few science lessons at school.

I know that I know better than them, and that they know nothing. People who question CD with me, I usually ask them to tell me what exactly CD and Sole Source entails. They can never tell me, because they have no idea. I would never embark on something I wasn't 100% sure was safe, and I have never heard of anyone's health suffering from doing CD exactly how the book says.

Having said that, she is right in that this could happen if you don't take all the packs everyday. My CDc was telling me on Monday, that last week she had a client who lost 18lbs in her first week. Astonished, she asked her what she'd been doing, and the girl replied that she had only had one shake in the past four days. My CDc ordered her straight to hospital and won't sell to her anymore.

That is just plain STUPID.. she would have known to do her 3 or 4 a day, so no brains spring to mind with her, lol. I think ppl dis the CD because they are jealous and couldn't do it themself's. The few ppl who know I am on it are very supportive and can see I mean it.. I have 4 stone to loose and now its visible to others that its coming off, thats all I need to carry this on. x

Hi,
I have had all the negative comments about the C.D. but I find I feel very enerjetic while I am on it, I loose weight regularly which I dont on any other diet in fact I find on any other diet I only seem to maintain my weight, I put two on and take two or three off with no apparant reason why. People look at obese people as if they have two heads or no control over themseves, there is often no truth in these statements, if I have any illness I get treatment but usualy I am told its because I am overwieght yet I get no help from the medical staff at the GP or hospital, if its so important to keep my weight in check then please help, dont put me down for trying the only thing that seems to work for me, come on they cant have it both ways, I say cheers for CD and as long as I can stay healthy and lose weight I will keep on using it, its not an easy cop out as some people try to imply, diets are hard whatever they are and I am sure thats its a darn site safer than going under the knife for a band or bypass I am certain that the death toll points directly at that. I shall keep going, I have managed to lose 3st7lb so far and only have about 9st to go then lets see what people have to say!!!!

Back