I start today!

So many starters this week/today!

Sbridge7, you will do well. Dont let any negative thoughts or the temptation devil speak to you! Keep busy and dont think of this as a diet. Having a nap or going for a walk, playing a game will help to keep you distracted from food thoughts. Remember to drink lots.

I always try on my clothes which were a bit tight last week, during the times of thoughts about deviating. It keeps you motivated when they fit or even better you have a goal for the following week besides getting obsessed with a number on the scales.

Bren
X

Hey Bren,
I'm keeping with the positive vibes :) Minimins is great for distraction too, I'll probably have a nap later to catch up on lost sleep or go for a walk. Thankfully, there's not much tempting at home, but even still I don't want it now. I really want to make a change now, before it escalates out of control. Thanks for that tip! I've got some jeans I really want to fit into :)

wow just read your 18, very wise to get weight sorted now so you can enjoy your life :)

You will do it hun, and being a spring chicken it will be even easier, wish you all the best love and we are here if you need support.

take care x

Thanks so much Laila :) I really want to enjoy the few teenage years I have left. I feel that sometimes my weight holds me back from doing what I want, but this will all change soon :)

Hi Sbridge7,

I too am starting today (or rather restarting) congrats on your birthday I remember that feeling its great to be 18 - wish I was again. Keep strong remember you can do it I have seen it work and very quickly. My Mum is also supportive but I kept feeling I needed to join in when I visited cos if I wasnt having a glass of wine she wouldnt either there was no pressure there but I felt bad so had a few to keep her company Now I know that was a big mistake and am determined that wont happen again.

So good luck and lets do this together:):)

I'm with you on that one, I'm 22 and want to enjoy being young. I do wish I'd started a few years ago though! But to get to my 23rd birthday and be a lot closer to goal will be great, shouldn't be far off then! Hope you enjoy London and the heat wave this week! I really miss London, the one thing I don't miss however is the tube on a hot summer day surrounded by people who seem to have forgotten what a shower and deodorant were!!

Hi Sbridge7,

I too am starting today (or rather restarting) congrats on your birthday I remember that feeling its great to be 18 - wish I was again. Keep strong remember you can do it I have seen it work and very quickly. My Mum is also supportive but I kept feeling I needed to join in when I visited cos if I wasnt having a glass of wine she wouldnt either there was no pressure there but I felt bad so had a few to keep her company Now I know that was a big mistake and am determined that wont happen again.

So good luck and lets do this together:):)

Hey Bethan,
You can do this! Thanks for your lovely post, it makes this journey seem less daunting :) You can do this, minimins is great for support. Whenever you're feeling down or low, just post.. it will make you feel much better.

We can do this :) Let me know how you get on xxx

I'm with you on that one, I'm 22 and want to enjoy being young. I do wish I'd started a few years ago though! But to get to my 23rd birthday and be a lot closer to goal will be great, shouldn't be far off then! Hope you enjoy London and the heat wave this week! I really miss London, the one thing I don't miss however is the tube on a hot summer day surrounded by people who seem to have forgotten what a shower and deodorant were!!

Hey Caroline,
Just think of it like this, you're closer to goal each day. I'm not sure when your birthday is, but well before your 24th you'll be at goal! How exciting is it to think of it like that? Knowing that this time next year, we'll be at goal and enjoying the summer rather than worrying about what to wear.

It's so hot! I have the windows open and front door but it's still so hot. I'm hoping next year I can enjoy the summer more. I agree with you about that, the tube is so stuffy and hot. I hate it!

xx

Will do - had a icy strawberry shake for brekkie which was great in this weather forgotten how much I miss them

Currently sitting in my office watching the stick thin bloke opposite devour crisps - so unfair all he seems to do is eat but I will be strong its only day 1 - I cant fail now but then again I really dont like eating rubbush in front of people at work I feel they are looking at me and thinking why is SHE stuffing her face surly SHE has done enough of that already so I find it easy to resist at work but at home thats a different story

Will do - had a icy strawberry shake for brekkie which was great in this weather forgotten how much I miss them

Currently sitting in my office watching the stick thin bloke opposite devour crisps - so unfair all he seems to do is eat but I will be strong its only day 1 - I cant fail now but then again I really dont like eating rubbush in front of people at work I feel they are looking at me and thinking why is SHE stuffing her face surly SHE has done enough of that already so I find it easy to resist at work but at home thats a different story

Ooh I'm having a strawberry shake in a bit; shall look forward to that :) I know how you feel hun, that's how I always felt at Sixth Form. People can be so cruel and judgemental and it's sad; I suppose it's a result of the media. We don't hear about problems of being underweight, but we hear a lot about being overweight.

Being at home can be difficult, but try and engage in tasks that will distract you. I love the internet, can't live without it so I find logging into minimins etc. helps so much. Good luck for today xx

Hey Caroline,
Just think of it like this, you're closer to goal each day. I'm not sure when your birthday is, but well before your 24th you'll be at goal! How exciting is it to think of it like that? Knowing that this time next year, we'll be at goal and enjoying the summer rather than worrying about what to wear.

It's so hot! I have the windows open and front door but it's still so hot. I'm hoping next year I can enjoy the summer more. I agree with you about that, the tube is so stuffy and hot. I hate it!

xx

My birthday is in September. I've got umm... 6 stone to lose, well just under, so I figure that's 6 months ish. So I've got 3 months, can get 3 stone off. Won't be at goal, but I'll be a whole lot closer, and a whole lot happier! I hope!! Weigh in this evening, first week since moving to the 1000 plan, so bit nervous!

My birthday is in September. I've got umm... 6 stone to lose, well just under, so I figure that's 6 months ish. So I've got 3 months, can get 3 stone off. Won't be at goal, but I'll be a whole lot closer, and a whole lot happier! I hope!! Weigh in this evening, first week since moving to the 1000 plan, so bit nervous!

Wow you must be soo excited; you'll be so close at your Birthday! You can start looking for a Birthday dress too! I want to buy something in few sizes smalller to fit into them :) Good luck, no need to be nervous, you'll be just fine xxx

I've got a fair few bits of smaller clothes now, some I'm not that far off. I have a pair of jeans in a 20, 18, 16, 14 and 12, not all of which I actually bought! But I keep the next size down hanging on my door as motivation. I'm almost in the 20 pair. I'm an 18ish on top now, but some 18s I feel are a bit tight. But I've got a bunch of 18 bits for when I get there properly.

I'm aiming for a 12 when I'm at goal, so if I see anything I really really like then I sometimes get it it, like I've got 2 dresses from ebay that I saw. And I've got a top now which is my favourite top but it's too big now! But then I saw it in the sale in a 12/14 so bought that. I have a little weight loss primark paper bag thing which is full of all these clothes just waiting to be slimmed into sitting in my closet!

!BSwu0MQBmk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKEzG-hHeQ~~_1.JPG

!BSoPDSgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLlz,uWBKEI375Zh!~~_1.JPG

These are my two dresses. I'm planning to be at goal by Christmas, so they'll be my Christmas and new year dresses! The black one was under £10, the purple under £5, both including postage, so couldn't resist!

Good luck with your WI Carolineg! Are you working your way down the plans before SSing??

Bren
X

The dresses are beautiful!

OMG under 10 pound that is crazy!!!!

Bren
X

I've got a fair few bits of smaller clothes now, some I'm not that far off. I have a pair of jeans in a 20, 18, 16, 14 and 12, not all of which I actually bought! But I keep the next size down hanging on my door as motivation. I'm almost in the 20 pair. I'm an 18ish on top now, but some 18s I feel are a bit tight. But I've got a bunch of 18 bits for when I get there properly.

I'm aiming for a 12 when I'm at goal, so if I see anything I really really like then I sometimes get it it, like I've got 2 dresses from ebay that I saw. And I've got a top now which is my favourite top but it's too big now! But then I saw it in the sale in a 12/14 so bought that. I have a little weight loss primark paper bag thing which is full of all these clothes just waiting to be slimmed into sitting in my closet!

!BSwu0MQBmk~$(KGrHgoH-CoEjlLlfZ3LBKEzG-hHeQ~~_1.JPG

!BSoPDSgB2k~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLlz,uWBKEI375Zh!~~_1.JPG

These are my two dresses. I'm planning to be at goal by Christmas, so they'll be my Christmas and new year dresses! The black one was under £10, the purple under £5, both including postage, so couldn't resist!

I love the colour of the blue one and the black one is gorgeous, also. You got them for such a good price! That is a great incentive and no doubt, you'll be wearing them at Christmas :) I can't wait to drop a dress size, hopefully I'll be at goal by late December or early January. I'll be stocking up on shorts for next summer :p

No, I started on SS but I'm a student and have found it impossible to find a job so far! I'm 5ft 9 so have to have 4 a day on SS which means it costs £50 a week, £200 a month. I don't know if/when I'll find a job and rather than carry on and possibly have to stop, I decided to move up to the 1000 plan. Then I need 2 CD meals a day, which halves the cost to £25 a week, £100 a month, and so I'm more likely to be able to afford to carry on throughout the summer. Where I live at home, at least until the end of the summer, my parents buy the other food, so it is actually cheaper for me. My CDC said that if you stick to it you can still lose 3-4lbs on the 1000 plan, so that's still a good loss of 1 stone a month which I think is the average anyway. So I could live with a stone a month, and then back on SS once I have a job or get my student loan back in October! I've weighed myself on my scales so shouldhave lost a decent amount according to them, but still nervous to see it officially on my CDC's scales!

I know, I thought they were lovely, and at under £15 for the two, I just couldn't say no! I was sorting through clothes the other day and looked at one of them, and just was like soon enough I'll fit into this! I couldn't quite believe it, but it excited me too!

Good Luck with your first week sbridge, i'm sure your going to do just fine with all the great support on here and from your mum.

I've just realised sbridge, what's your name by the way?? Anyway, I've just realised that we've both got about the same to lose, you have 80lbs, I've got 85lbs.

Thanks Sass!

Hey Caroline, my name is Shantel :) I know that's great! We should hopefully be at goal around the same time :) I'm hoping it will be by January, but I'm not in a rush as long as I get there. Just had my first shake, Strawberry. It doesn't taste so bad; it's quite nice, looking forward to trying the other flavours x

Back