I stepped back from the brink

corioboria

Cambridge Counsellor
I'm off to my friend's wedding tomorrow, the reason why I started CD in the first place.

And I weigh 11 stone, which is the first target I set myself (I've now revised my goal to 10 stone). So I'm super pleased with myself.

I've decided to let myself out of ketosis for the weekend so I can have a few drinks and join in at the party & not feel like some party pooper - after all I am chief bridesmaid and she is my very best friend.

So I started the trip out of ketosis yesterday.

I also decided tocelebrate my success and let myself have a treatsize (2 squares) bar of Cadburys chocolate, the first I have tasted in 11 weeks. Chocolate has always been my weakness.

I was expecting to find that it wasn't anything special and hopefully that I was cured. But my reaction shocked me.

It was so deliciously marvellously sweet and creamy and made me feel simply wonderful. As soon as I finished it, I had a desperate craving to eat more, indeed maybe to finish the entire packet of funsizes that are there for my children.

I really felt possessed, more out of control than I have been at any time on the diet. But somehow I walked out of the kitchen and pulled myself back from the brink.

I've learned a big lesson today - it's clear that I am going to have to watch myself with chocolate for a long time - possibly for ever. But I'm proud of myself for not cracking.

I had a minor cheat last night and had some squares of chocolate and I found that it tasted really strange!!!!!!

Well done for keeping yourself in check and well done on your fab weight loss, enjoy the wedding. x

well done hunni, thats what the cd is all about learning self control. again well done hunni.xx

wow - well done!!
my weekness is with carbs! i love mash potato sarnies, with real butter and pepper!! (thats why i'm on cd!!) so i have to stay away at all times!
take it wasy at the wedding, but relax and have a few drinks and the main thing - enjoy yourself!!!
have a super time - i bet you'll look gorgeous at 11st!
let us all know how it went. big love!! x

Well done you for not eating the whole treat size packet.

Half the battle is identifying your weakness, mine is bread, all forms, sarnies, toast, crusty with butter, you name it I want it. I think I will have to watch this forever, not a bad thing I think.

Sara:)

Congratulations on reaching your first goal of 11 stone!!!:happy096:

I was expecting to find that it wasn't anything special and hopefully that I was cured. But my reaction shocked me.

I thought I was cured:rolleyes: as the first few times I had chocolate I did not go overboard.

Then I pushed the boat out a little more to test how cured I was...and kept going until I had activated my craving for chocolate and sweet tooth all over again and found myself with most of my weight back on again:cry:

I've learned a big lesson today - it's clear that I am going to have to watch myself with chocolate for a long time - possibly for ever. But I'm proud of myself for not cracking.

It is all about learning and now I know and so do you the difference being you have found out in time before doing any damage:)

Well done!!!

Love Mini xxx

Congrats on getting to your 11 stone goal!!

I can echo what Mini has said below too as I have done exactly the same with choc and bread products:
I thought I was cured:rolleyes: as the first few times I had chocolate I did not go overboard. Then I pushed the boat out a little more to test how cured I was...and kept going until I had activated my craving for chocolate and sweet tooth all over again and found myself with most of my weight back on again

At the end of this diet when people reach goal its very easy to let old habits take control again, it happens slowly by telling ourselves "well I had a bit last week and it didnt do any harm", then week by week or day by day you talk yourself into eating more and more things that shouldnt be over indulged.

For me the largest part of my cd journey till target is to get my head sorted and be very aware that I have a tendancy to slip back down the slope very easily if I dont get a bit more self control over certain foods.

xxx

Well done on resisting more, you should feel so proud of reaching your goal for the wedding. Have a great time tomorrow.x

Back