I Succumbed to the demons

Incywincy

I am in the 10th week and food got the best of me
I just couldn't help myself eventhough my better self was screaming at me to stop :break_diet:

I have totally messed up

I was making a dark chocolate mousse cake and I put the mousse into the bowl to put in the fridge and the mixing bowl was about to go in the sink and I thought I would try a little as I had worked so hard on it.

By the time I had finished, the mixing bowl was clean. :mad:

I am really angry with myself and totally devastated with what has happened.

There was a hell of a lot of mousse around that bowl, at least a small bowl full.

I just feel really sick

Oh Incy!
I know how you feel.
My halo has slipped too :(
I had far more than choc mousse tho, it went on for 4 days!

Same here, totally pigged out on utter cr*p last Thurs.

But girls, we are human and we are allowed to make mistakes. It happens. Dont beat yourselves up over it. Pop that halo back on, straighten it up, and carry on!

We WILL do it!!!

:whoopass: :whoopass: :whoopass: Could have been worse & gone the "whole hog!"...just get back on that wagon & start again!

(Ohh just found funny smilie!). There You have been duly punished s now thats done just move on!!

".....and I thought I would try a little as I had worked so hard on it....."

I had to laugh when I read that Incy. I did the same last night with meringues. I was only going to have one and ended up eating all of them! Hehehe. Will I ever learn?

I am not SSing, but still the crooked thoughts grab me unawares and pounce.

I guess that the important thing is not to label ourselves as failures, stupid, pathetic, weak, or as you said 'I totally messed up'.

I would have done the same in the past, but now know better. Sure, it wasn't a good thing to do, but it is done and now I draw a line under it and get on with the day. In fact Incy, that's exactly what I did. When I woke this morning I remembered what I did last night (I saw the empty packet) and decided straight away that today was a new day and it would not be spoiled by feelings of self-loathing. Those days are behind me now.

Well done for writing down what you did too. Coming here and talking about it will get it all in perspective for you.

Hiya Incy,
You've done 10 weeks solid, with no blips, thats no mean feat, your choclate mousse was a slight detour ;) back on the straight road now hun.. Most important thing is not to beat yourself up over it, learn from it and move on :p

Good luck

geri
x

Thanks guys, it means a lot reading your support, and also that others know how I feel. I am peeved with myself that I wasn't strong enough to stop myself though

But at least I stopped there, it could have been worse, I could have eaten the whole damn cake.

I am oh so familiar with this one!! I cant believe Ive managed a 7 day stretch!!! Like Sez said we are only human...
Dont dwell on it its done now...just jump back on the wagon...well done on your progress so far!!

You know another reason why you shouldn't beat yourself up over this? You were making something obviously lovely for OTHER PEOPLE! I take my hat off to all of you that are sticking strictly to this plan while still cooking for your other halves and kids. I'm so lucky in as much as my better half has taken care of herself and the kids the majority of the time while I've been doing this so I'm not given that opportunity or temptation. This is difficult enough without being taunted by your own creation every day!

1 slip is not the end of the world. Get back on track and you'll soon forget all about it. In fact, well done for restricting yourself to just the bits in the bowl!!

Incy you are so right, you could have eaten the whold damn cake! Draw a line under it and don't beat yourself up. You are doing a great job - I agree with hidden fishcake and admire anyone that can do this and cook for others.

Keep up the good work!

Johnny :D

Awwwwwwww, thanks again guys, you do say the loveliest things, after waking up this morning, I didn't feel so bad.

It can be quite hard at times cooking for the family, as I promised myself that I would carry on as normal and my family would not suffer at all with me on this diet.

I have always cooked from scratch and thoroughly enjoy doing that, I have on my kitchen shelf over 150 cook book from all over the world, and these cook books are used. I can honestly say that there may be only 5 of them that I have not opened yet. This is because they are quite new.

Cooking is my world, but I can do it at size 18 and I will be able to do it just as well as a size 10

Back