I suddenly have my head full of other diets! HELP!

Lady Nebula

I have been successfully losing weight with SW for 28 weeks. Steady progress with an average loss of 2lbs a week.

I signed up to minimins at the start of my journey, but couldn't figure out how to use the site effectively, as you can't see much until you have 50 posts. So this week, having passed my 4 stone milestone, i decided to see if I could find some motivation to keep me going and tried to use this site a bit more....in order to get my posts up to the required 50 I have been dipping in and out of all sorts of random places!

I know have my head full of Lighter Life, and Weight watchers and Atkins and I want to try them all, even though what I am doing is workign and is perfect for me!

I don't have a problem with emotional eating, but I have had a problem with dieting fads in the past and thought I'd turned my back on this forever, but apparently not!

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Nope, not considered any of them for one minute. They are all variations on a 'starve yourself thin' theme and I have no interest in being hungry :)

I have tried W.W., Atkins, Meal Replacement diet and VLCD.

Only SW has been the one that has been long term and really *do-able*

I am going through a bad patch diet wise at present but know that when am back on track it will be SW.

For me SW rules !!!

Last edited:
Lady Nebula said:
I have been successfully losing weight with SW for 28 weeks. Steady progress with an average loss of 2lbs a week.

I signed up to minimins at the start of my journey, but couldn't figure out how to use the site effectively, as you can't see much until you have 50 posts. So this week, having passed my 4 stone milestone, i decided to see if I could find some motivation to keep me going and tried to use this site a bit more....in order to get my posts up to the required 50 I have been dipping in and out of all sorts of random places!

I know have my head full of Lighter Life, and Weight watchers and Atkins and I want to try them all, even though what I am doing is workign and is perfect for me!

I don't have a problem with emotional eating, but I have had a problem with dieting fads in the past and thought I'd turned my back on this forever, but apparently not!

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

I know exactly how you feel cos ive been a bit like that this week. Previously i lost all my weight on ww and when i have blips on sw, i start thinking maybe i should go back to ww cos i know it works. Thing is i tried it this week and i was starving, exhausted and fed up cos i couldnt have an ice lolly.

You know sw works so put the rest out your mind and stick with it, ill join you doing this too!!

Thank you guys, funky monkey, I do know it works, that's why I'm finding it so bizarre that I'm even considering anything else!

I think it's a compulsion, eek! I just need to see the success stories I think...I feel a youtube slimming world session coming on :)

Keep telling yourself ,you're on the healthiest plan of them all ,read all your books again to keep you focussed on how healthy SW. Really is. No harm in reading what others are doing , well done x

Back