I think I am going to give up

lelly

Hiya Everyone,

I know I havent been doing this for long, 11 days today, but I think I am giving up. I have had a really bad day today, I am sooo hungry and grumpy I dont know what to do with myself.

I have been losing weight since April 06 and lost 5 stone 6lbs. I only decided to do this as my weight loss was slowing down, but I think I am going to go back to my healthy eating plan which was working for me.

Just want to say thanks for all your support over the past week or so.

L
x

You're not really giving up lelly ... just adjusting your plan to suit your life as it is now.

Hope you'll carry on posting and getting support :) We all need encouragement no matter what plan we're on.

hey lelly

please do not beat yourself up, congratulate yourself for the amazing weight loss since april and for trying the SS route. Sometimes you have to try things to know theyre not right for you BUT please keep posting hun, this site is for anyone not just SSers!!!

Hugs

Nic

PS You have not given up, youre just chosing a different route

Hia Lelly,

First of all congratulations on a fantastic weightloss last year. Over five stone is a great achievement!

How much have you got left to lose?

I've been doing LL which is like CD but with counselling. I've just moved onto the Management part of the programme where food is re-introduced slowly over 12 weeks. I still have a few lbs to lose and I expect that this will happen slowly because my priority is developing new and healthier eating habits.

I think I have learned that that I am developing anew healthier eating habit for the rest of my life.

While I'd like to lose some more, it's more important to capitalise on what I've already achieved.

I can see that YOU have already achieved a huge weighloss, but you sound so sad and defeated.

If you decide not to carry on with CD it is NOT a failure, but a mature decision based on your experience and self-knowledge. Going back to your previous healthy eating programme is probably the right decision for you. Just remember that it is for life and that any weightloss will be gradual. So don't lose hope or lose heart.

Have you seen Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" book? He was featured on GMTV last week and seemed to talk a lot of common sense. You can probably get a copy from the library to browse through.

I am originally from Liverpool (Anfield) and like to visit occasionally to do some shopping! (and visiting family/friends of course).

You're not really giving up lelly ... just adjusting your plan to suit your life as it is now.

Hope you'll carry on posting and getting support :) We all need encouragement no matter what plan we're on.

Thankyou, I know I am not truly giving up, it just feels like it!

Please don't leave the site!! We can offer encouragement to you whatever diet, healthy eating plan etc you are on.

Thankyou, I will continue to read the site, as it has good people and support on here.

Thanks
L

:)

hey lelly

please do not beat yourself up, congratulate yourself for the amazing weight loss since april and for trying the SS route. Sometimes you have to try things to know theyre not right for you BUT please keep posting hun, this site is for anyone not just SSers!!!

Hugs

Nic

PS You have not given up, youre just chosing a different route

Thanks, I think I am doing the right thing, my healthy eating plan was fine for me, I just wanted quicker results! But SS is hard I think.

Thankyou :)

L
x

Hia Lelly,

First of all congratulations on a fantastic weightloss last year. Over five stone is a great achievement!

How much have you got left to lose?

I've been doing LL which is like CD but with counselling. I've just moved onto the Management part of the programme where food is re-introduced slowly over 12 weeks. I still have a few lbs to lose and I expect that this will happen slowly because my priority is developing new and healthier eating habits.

I think I have learned that that I am developing anew healthier eating habit for the rest of my life.

While I'd like to lose some more, it's more important to capitalise on what I've already achieved.

I can see that YOU have already achieved a huge weighloss, but you sound so sad and defeated.

If you decide not to carry on with CD it is NOT a failure, but a mature decision based on your experience and self-knowledge. Going back to your previous healthy eating programme is probably the right decision for you. Just remember that it is for life and that any weightloss will be gradual. So don't lose hope or lose heart.

Have you seen Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" book? He was featured on GMTV last week and seemed to talk a lot of common sense. You can probably get a copy from the library to browse through.

I am originally from Liverpool (Anfield) and like to visit occasionally to do some shopping! (and visiting family/friends of course).

Thanks, I still have about 4 or more stone to leave, I will be able to do it as I am determined, I just thought CD would be the easier way, how wrong was I!! I'm still unsure what to do, whether to carry on or go back to my healthy eating plan!

I am in Anfield in Liverpool too, not far from the ground!

L
x

I am doing the healthy eating thing - 1500 cals a day and some exercise, if I stick to it, it works! If I don't, it doesn't. I think CD is a fantastic plan, I haven't tried it, but reading posts on here, it obviously works well for some folk. But like everything it doesn't suit everyone. I have decided that the scenic route will do me, I want to be happy on my journey as well as at the end of it and if I feel too deprived I slip off. So 1500 cals will get me to goal at the end of the summerish - which will be good enough for me. Hopefully I will have learnt some valuable healthy eating habits along the way and will be able to maintain the losses for evermore! Thats the dream!

Love Barb xx

I am doing the healthy eating thing - 1500 cals a day and some exercise, if I stick to it, it works! If I don't, it doesn't. I think CD is a fantastic plan, I haven't tried it, but reading posts on here, it obviously works well for some folk. But like everything it doesn't suit everyone. I have decided that the scenic route will do me, I want to be happy on my journey as well as at the end of it and if I feel too deprived I slip off. So 1500 cals will get me to goal at the end of the summerish - which will be good enough for me. Hopefully I will have learnt some valuable healthy eating habits along the way and will be able to maintain the losses for evermore! Thats the dream!

Love Barb xx

Thanks, I am still undecided on what to do, I havent eaten yet, so I can still continue, but I'm so unsure. Since I started my healthy eating plan I didnt waiver once, I was always very good, which is why I am annoyed at myself for not being able to do CD.
Good Luck with your plan and I hope you reach your goal :)

L
x

Hia Lelly,

I used to live at Hazlehurst Road, went to Pinehurst Ave Infant ane Junior School, and Stanley Park Comp! Are they familiar to you?

Hia Lelly,

I used to live at Hazlehurst Road, went to Pinehurst Ave Infant ane Junior School, and Stanley Park Comp! Are they familiar to you?

Yeah, I know Hazlehurst and Pinehurst, dont know Stanley Park Comp unless its Anfield school now? I live off Oakfield Road, so not that far from there! Where have you moved too?

Its okay I just noticed you are in Falkirk!

x

Hi lelly

Sorry that cd didnt work for you. But what a amazing loss you have had already, good luck with your new healthy eating plan Im sure that you will get rid of all your weight.
You may even find that the 11 days on cd may have helped shrink your stomach and not eat as much anyway.

Good luck

xx

Thans Blitz, I really wish I could have carried on, but never mind, it just wasnt meant to be!

Good Luck to you, you are doing so well :)

L
x

Yeh Lelly, I think it must have been previously Stanley Park Comp. It's right opposite the park. Used to be girls only.

I used to go the the Oakfield Methodist Church on Oakfield Road as a girl.

Been in Falkirk for just about 12 years, and lived in Fazeley, Tamworth before that.

My 'little' brother (he's 6'2") still lives in Arkles Lane.

hi ..

carry on dont give up...

this is a bad moment but look a picture of yourself when you did started and look at yourself now.

and thinks how you going to be after 4 stones going to desapear ...

keep doing this is only some months ...for next summer you will finish this diet.... go on only some months.

good luck to you:)

Yeh Lelly, I think it must have been previously Stanley Park Comp. It's right opposite the park. Used to be girls only.

I used to go the the Oakfield Methodist Church on Oakfield Road as a girl.

Been in Falkirk for just about 12 years, and lived in Fazeley, Tamworth before that.

My 'little' brother (he's 6'2") still lives in Arkles Lane.

Yeah, must be the same school, its a mixed now tho, I think! I used to go to Notre Dame! The church is about 2 mins from my house!

x

hi ..

carry on dont give up...

this is a bad moment but look a picture of yourself when you did started and look at yourself now.

and thinks how you going to be after 4 stones going to desapear ...

keep doing this is only some months ...for next summer you will finish this diet.... go on only some months.

good luck to you:)

Thanks,

I have decided to finish CD and continue with my healthy eating plan.

Thanks and good luck to you :)

Back