I think I need some support from you all...

sargentgirl

Chippin away at it
Ok, So Im in my fourth week and have my 4th weigh in 2moz, but the problem is..Im not seeing much in the way of weight loss. Iv lost 7.5lbs in my first 3 weeks which id good I know but it just seems to be going so slow. This week I dont feel any different at all :confused:..Iv stuck with the plan, but I feel a little disheartened that i may have a slow loss this week...

Would really appreciate some words of wisdom right now, I dont feel put off doing the diet because I love it..I just want to see my weight loss speed up a bit.

You say its slow but you are actually exceeding SW statement of an 'expected 1-2lb loss per week'. So dont feel disheartened, you are doing just fine.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and award you the covetted 3/4/5lb losses that we all crave sometimes when we feel that we arent getting anywhere fast. But I cant - otherwise i would be permanently doused in magic fairy dust lol

Try not to think about how far you have to go, just focus on the smaller awards - your next dress size down, next 1/2 award and your 10%. Those are within your grasp in the very near future.

And despite what you may think, those 1/2's 1's and 1.5lb losses quickly add up to make a difference. So I s'pose what I am saying is - just keep plugging away and you WILL get where you want to be :D

You say its slow but you are actually exceeding SW statement of an 'expected 1-2lb loss per week'. So dont feel disheartened, you are doing just fine.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and award you the covetted 3/4/5lb losses that we all crave sometimes when we feel that we arent getting anywhere fast. But I cant - otherwise i would be permanently doused in magic fairy dust lol

Try not to think about how far you have to go, just focus on the smaller awards - your next dress size down, next 1/2 award and your 10%. Those are within your grasp in the very near future.

And despite what you may think, those 1/2's 1's and 1.5lb losses quickly add up to make a difference. So I s'pose what I am saying is - just keep plugging away and you WILL get where you want to be :D

Thankyou so much!! Your right!

I think Im just having an emotional day..monthly is due hahaaa

I am going to much more positive and If I only lose half a pound this week..then at least its off and not on! :)

Thankyou xxx

By sheer coincidence, my Consultant has just posted this on facebook, so I though I would share it with you. I think I need to read it too as I am struggling somewhat at the mo :)

I watched Dancing on Ice last night and saw a skater nail a lift she didn't think she could. The smile on her face was huge, she obviously felt amazing and clearly very chuffed with herself - but then cut to the scores of only 5's and 6's'... she was gutted, because in her mind she's achieved the unachievable, only to be brought down to the earth with a bump because someone quantified it with numbers which didn't match what she thought she'd done.

She'd had 2 mins of feeling ecstatic.... and then left wondering why it wasn't good enough and what she had to do to get better 'numbers'.

Now she's got to wake up today and start from feeling deflated to try and make more changes... where's her motivation? Probably a bit flat. If she'd have walked out of the rink straight after achieving that lift she'd have gone back to training today head held high believing in herself because she achieved a benchmark. She'd have continued from where she'd left off, and I BET she'd have done bigger and better next week because she would have believed she could.....

And therein lies our lesson as slimmers - look for the positives, THAT's your high. Walk away from the scales every week looking at them as your guide, your benchmark for things that need 'tweaking' or changing, but keep the smile in your heart that day in, day out, hour by hour you ARE nailing this healthy eating thing. Nobody said you had to be 100% 100% of the time. Nobody said you had to be permanently perfect. But practise will get you near-as-damn-it!

We call it a 'journey' for a reason - there's highs and lows, twists ands turns, lifts and stumbles. There's stops, starts, high speed racing and a stroll in the park. The only time it won't work is if you come to a complete stop.

So keep on going - and YOU will be the Champion. x

That is brilliant! Im totally motivated now! Thanks xx

Back