I think I want to give up, which is best way to do it conserving weight loss

megisabel

I have completed three days and I just hate it, really hate, I have 3 kids and a husband to cook for and Im literally surrounded by temptation all of the time.

I feel really miserable about it tonight and i have just got over bad postnatal depression so im really wary of anything that will bring my mood down.

Anyway, if i go onto atkins, or slimming world red days only could i continue the downward weight loss?

I Only have about a stone to lose and have lost 5lbs this week so far.
Thanks for any advice you can give me

Rebecca
x

Hi Hon i really think you may have the withdrawal blues, once in ketosis and burning i founf my mood was quite euphoric and the weight loss is fairly quick and i have found this makes me feel better. If things are that bad why not SS+ at least them you can have a family meal.

Keep posting for support sweet please don't throw the towel in yet.

XxXx

i feel really stupid for feeling so bad about it, i think im worried about feeling remotely down as i was really ill and dont want to trigger anything

i think i should probably just go to bed?!

Sorry to hear you're feeling so low:( As others have said, it does get better. I started doing CD as I was fed up with feeling so low about my weight - is that why you started too? If your head isn't in the right place at the moment, that's understandable but please do keep at it until you've at least finished your supply - you'll be surprised how much better you'll feel by then. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and a good night's sleep is a good idea:fingerscrossed:

Tomorrow will hopefully see the start of ketosis

Last edited:
I feel for you I was so down at the start as others have said just see the first week out and see if you feel any different I'm sure you will the feeling of good weight loss really lifts you up come on here for support there are some great poeple to help you on your journey good luck Hun x

Thank You for the support, already feeling better than I did when I first posted.

I have just done a ketostick and it is purple!???!!??

how purple hun? too purple and your dehydrated, you wanna be one of the first few colours not the very last one?

If it's purple you are in ketosis. Give it to the end of the week and you will feel so much better. This will be the best thing you have ever done for your mood. Think how you will feel when you have lost your weight!

Hang in there the worst days are behind you.

I've got a one year old and a husband to cook for too - so I know where you are coming from.

I think you are over the worst of the carb withdrawal...hang in there!!! I dont use the ketostix but understand from others that any shade from pink is fine...sometimes if it is too dark it may mean you need to drink more water. Best wishes and hope you feel better for the rest of the week. I have bags of energy and feel upbeat most of the time...just little blips now and then but just usually a day here and there.

it did end up pretty dark but i have drunk at least 3 litres today, shall i aim for more tomorrow.

Im feeling so much better, i cant thank you enough

can anyone explain ss+briefly so i have that at theback of my mind?

Hey, just wanted to say that you have definitely come through the worst already... Day 3 was my rock bottom, Day 4 was better and by Day 5 I was completely buzzing! Why don't you see how you feel in the morning and go from there?

I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination but if you do decide to stop the diet, I'd imagine the best was to carry on with the weight loss would be to step up to either 810 or one of the higher programs... but please try and give it another day, you really are on the home stretch now.

Good luck, good night and hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Hi Megisabel, I want to put an alternative to you. I am a big fan of CD BUT it is hard and my mood has plummeted and think I've got some depression so I don't want to see you go into a relapse or anything. I can tell you that the first 5 days are awful and then it does get much much easier - but still not easy. Another bonus is that you will lose your stone in maybe about 3 weeks so that is easy too. If I were you I'd just make your husband cook just now- that's what I did. It's for my health, I do feel guilty but they'll survive on his vile dinners! Be careful though and watch your emotions if you stay on CD and come on here ALL THE TIME for support xxx

Do you have the booklet about CD? SS+ is detailed in there. You have your 3 or 4 packs as usual but you can also have a small meal eg 120g chicken & 2 tablespoons of green veg. It might help you to sit down and eat a meal in the evening with your hubby.

What's your BMI? Would you be better on the 810 plan anyway, if you only want to lose a stone?

Glad you are sticking with CD for now. It's the best decision you've ever made :)

I have hit a real low today as well - day 3 - see my other post. If I didn't know it gets better after this then there's no way i'd be sticking with it. But it DOES get better - i can honestly say I have never felt better in my entire adult life as i did when I did LL.

This is hitting the wall - keep going - the view from the top is great, so why jump off now?!

good luck
Lx

Yeah, I have to agree that when I first started my first three days were a nightmare. When I got to the fourth day (Saturday) I crawled into bed in the afternoon and slept for about four hours and since then I have felt great! I have energy, my mood is better and most importantly I lost a stone in two weeks!!

agree with the previous posts....
i tried CD before and couldnt get past the first day....this time round, i nailed it and pushed on through and i'm now 8/9 weeks in and losing weight hand over fist...
The first 3 days are crappy, i totally accept and agree with that, but weight until your first weigh in to give it a proper go....if you then decide you dont want to carry on then thats up to you hun, but if you lose 8lbs in your first week i will be amazed if that doesnt give you the buzz to keep going!
I now lovingly prepare the food for my family and enjoy doing it....that break from food helps you analyse not just what you used to eat but also what your family currently eat...my lot have never eaten so well and my hubby is losing weight now too! :)

Seriously, 1 weeks out the rest of your life is nothing.....see what the scales say and then make an informed decision not an emotional one!
hth hun and good luck

xxxxxxx

Back