I think I'll need a miracle to keep me going another week...

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Well, this was supposed to be my last week on TFR until my pharmacist persuaded me to stick at it for another few weeks as I was so close to goal. So far this week I've stayed the same on my scales (as I was last friday after WI on my scales). Unless I wee a lot today, I can't see that changing overnight?! :p
If I see no loss tomorrow, or 'only' 1-2lbs, I really don't see the point in carrying on with TFR. My Body will obviously have thrown in the towel and not allow me to lose any more while 'starving' myself.

My original reason for coming off TFR was that I thought my metabolism had slowed to an almost stop after so long on LT, and I was going to try and maintain my loss for a few months, then return to TFR to lose the last stone. I'm back to thinking thats the way to go. :confused:

I'm frustrated beyond belief that everyone else is averaging more than 3lbs a week, while I struggle to lose 1-2lbs. :cry: My pharmacists reply that 'everyone will lose at different rates' is quickly losing meaning or relevance.

I'm in a total funk at the minute :(:sigh: ....what do you wise LT-er's think??

i dunno what to say to u, i think if it was me i'd do reefeed and maintence, looking at refeed thread they lose between 1 & 3 a week ? but i cert no expert :(

LOL! Thats what I'm losing doing TFR!! So I'd be delighted to just maintain while doing re-feed!

I can understand your fustration, and I know losing 1-2lbs a week is hard to keep motivated while others are losing more. But you are so near your goal, could be the reason too. You've less to lose. You've done absolutely brilliant in my eyes, and keeping on the Lipotrain shows great strength. You've actually been a real inspiration to me.

I'll probably be in the same boat as I've just getting my thyroid checked and if he reduces it, I'll be losing less each week too.

See how ye get on tomorrow at your weigh in, then continue with it one more week, and have a really good think and go back to her on say Monday. Both your plans sound good. So good luck tomorrow.

Thanks Aoife. I'll definately be doing one more week anyway I think, as a poor WI tomorrow will probably pi** me off so much I'll be determined to lose more next week (even though I can't physically 'do' any more to try to lose the weight!). It is very annoying though.

As you get nearer your goal weight your weight loss will normally slow down.

Losing 1lb-2lb a week is still very good.

At this stage you are actually losing more weight than you did at the start.

Because your are now taking more from less.

At the beginning your fat content was a higher percentage of your body weight.

Visually if you can imagine an apple tart...the first slice makes little impact, even if it is a big one... but as you get down to the last couple of slices...even a little sliver taken off at this stage is more noticeable as you are taking more from less.

Hope that helps?

I think I would go with your chemists advice if you throw in the towel out of frustration you may find it much harder later on as you may not feel truly satisfied with your decision and it might niggle you...getting back on the diet is not that easy and you probably would not be allowed if your body weight is under obese.

You would need to check that out with your chemist as they are getting very strict with their rules.

Love Mini xxx

you are have done really well, and soo close to your goal weight!...I would say just push urself harder another week or 2 and am sure u will be very pleased with ur decision!...but trust me, u have done brill..

I came off at 10.10 and I am now down to 10.6 this is with a holiday and a weekend away, but its hard work. Any loss is a good loss, I had to come off to refeed before my hols, but if I had the choice I would have stayed on a bit longer. However as you see I am still losing albiet slowly. I do replace either my breakfast or lunch with a maintenance product as I find I am less hungry, but its your call. good luck xx

Thanks Mini, Yazzy and joy1. I hear you, I guess I'm just feeling down today.:eek: I'd hoped to get another 2-3lbs off this week to keep me motivated for another few weeks. I am pretty fed-up at this stage. I'd believed I'd be long finished with LT at this stage, and have a load of functions/events over the summer I now have to negotiate/avoid? I don't know how to push myself harder? I'm doing LT 100%, drinking enough (not too little, not too much) and not over-exercising.
I reckon because I'm losing so little doing TFR, that the best I could possibly hope for when re-feeding is to maintain- I don't believe I'll lose while doing it when I'm finding it so tough to lose doing LT 100%?!

I just don't know...:sigh:

I really agree with Mini, great post. I think you would feel very frustrated if you didn't get to goal on LT. Especially as it IS possible, just slow... You're just so close to goal i think mentally you'd feel defeated if you didn't reach it on LT, which just wouldn't be fair on you and all the effort you've put in.

It's easy to say but you really must try not to compare yourself to people here as some, like me (!) have had so much more to lose that of course they have bigger losses.

BUt, I do understand why you'd want to give up - I'd just say give yourself the best shot possible because you CAN do this. Just a few more weeks... you're so close!

wishing you loads of happy weigh-in thoughts for tomorrow by the way :)

Hi Irish

I feel your hurt and frustration...I have read your post several times and not written anything because I didnt know what to say for the best, but again, just re-read it and all I can hear is pain and sadness almost. Hope that doesnt sound contrite in any way.

Well, if I take a step back and think what would I do....I would carry on! WHY! Because of a lot of the reasons people have posted so far. You will feel as though you have failed, and it is like you feel that at the minute. Also, realistically, you will lose more on TFR; you have to considering the intake, etc. You are so near in reality, but your brain is probably telling you that you cant get there!

I think every single person on here applauds you and is willing you on Irish! You are the most determined person I have ever met (if you know what I mean) and if there is ANYONE person that deserves to shout from the rooftops and say they have got to goal on LT it is you.

The decision is yours and you sound as though your brain is doing ten to the dozen trying to work out what is the right and best thing to do. We can only be right behind you supporting you in whatever you decide, which will be the right choice for you.

I do hope you come to your decision soon and wait and see how you get on tomorrow..you may well be surprised.

Take care

LOL! Are you trying to give me a big head Scotsmist! I would call myself thick-witted rather than determined, but I know what you mean. I guess I do feel a bit of a failure at the minute because I feel I should have been at target long ago? And every day I read of fellow LT-er's WI's where they've lost 'only' 2-3-4lbs and think 'I wish I could lose that every week!'
I guess I'm just having a 'blues' day. I'll see how I get on in the morning (and light the Virgin Mary canlde for a while! LOL!) and let you know how I get on when I get into work.

Thanks a lot for all your kind, kind words...it means the world!

Hi Irish !!
I sometimes thought to myself I wished I had stopped with the TFR and got to goal as I would have been there weeks ago now. At the time I came off I had exams and was away from home and I thought I would struggle on the shakes alone, therefore I stopped and refed and hoped to lose the last bit on my own, or come back to LT if needed, as you know it has taken me some motivation to get back on the shakes again. I have a friend who is also on LT and I advised her to go as long as possible, because every week I thought I would restart but I just kept coming up with reasons why I would maybe get back on the week after.

I know its how you feel yourself and the decision is yours.
I did get back on the shakes and have got going again.I just wanted to let you know that I may have kept going but on the other hand I did stop and finally get back to it. I am probably no help at all. Good Luck with your decision you have done so well.

Hi IrishMum,
firstly I want to say well done for how far you have come with all the difficulties thrown at you. Nobody could question your commitment to LT, it has been fab. Secondly, I will never complain about 3lb again, given that some struggle to achieve that each week. Thirdly, I believe you know what you want to do and will do it, you have the power within to achieve great things on or off this diet. You are an inspiration to us all on here as you have shown that with grit and determination you can stick with it.
Wishing you al the best with your decision, it will be the right one for you!
Doirin

Its never really a great idea to stay on a diet for a huge length of time its vital to give your body a break imo

Id say do the refeed give it a while to maintain then come back to it if you need to loose the last bit

xx

Thanks everyone for all your help and advice.

Well....at WI this morning I had gained 1lb. The pharmacist is baffled. She had never had anyone gain on LT, and this is the 2nd time in 4wks I've had a gain.
I don't know if it's my metabolism, my screwy thyroid, or just me.
I'm doing TFR for one more week. I'm going to exercise every day instead of 3-4 times. I can't physically do LT any 'better', so I'll just bite the bullet, knuckle down, and persevere for one more week.
We were supposed to be going away for a few days in a week or two, and I thought I'd be at target, through re-feed, and maintaining (hopefully!) at this stage. Yet here I am...gaining weight now! WTF?!?!? It's not my totm, I've been having the 'right' amount of water, and I've been 'regular'.
I just don't know....
I really think I'll be re-feeding after next week, no matter how persuasive the pharmacist is.
I can't do this without results...especially ones where I'm actually gaining weight eating less than 500cals a day. Something is wrong somewhere....
I have a pain in my head I'm that annoyed...

oh for goodness sake this just isn't ruddy fair and i'm annoyed on your behalf! I wonder if the pharmacy should speak to LT experts (i mean more scientific than the ones on the helpline) on your behalf cos this just can't be right!

HOw frustrating, I really really feel for you - I was looking forward to your weigh in result this morning!

I was kind-of praying for a miracle too Elle-emm. :sigh:

I'm emailing LT today to see if they have any advice? :confused:

I think that's a good idea. Like you say, there are no reasons why you're not losing (and even gaining). It doesn't make sense.

Maybe it's your body deciding a goal weight for you - against your will. hmmm. I know you'll keep us posted with LT's reply :)

Its probably because you are exercising. You're gaining muscle which weighs more than fat (but takes up less space). How are you feeling in your clothes?

Back