I think I'm addicted to Steak!

GymClassHero

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Im going mad for steak at the moment, i've had it 4 times already for dinner in the past week and i cant get enough of it.

Is too much bad for you?

Im cooking it with frylight on a griddle to seal it and then finishing it off in the oven so its medium rare and still nice and pink in the middle so i know im not using extra fat etc to cook it in.

I only started eating beef in October last year and with it being a proper 'red' meat i didnt know if there is an issue with consuming lots!

hey gym class hero i think i heard somewhere that steak can take up to two years to fully digest, once a week i thinks ok but 4 maybe a little much for your body to take!
hope this helps

I ve never heard anything in my life like that !!!! Its total rubbish sorry to the previous poster but where ever you heard that needs seriously looking at =/

So long as its part of a healthy balanced diet there is no reason why you cant eat alot of it, but there is strong evidence for a high red meat consumption and bowel cancer, but i think this is more probably to do with a lack of fibre in the diet, also eating the same all the time may stall your weight loss so shake it up a bit and have something else !!!

Good Luck lizzie xxx

If you are choosing good quality lean steak, and cutting off all the fat, and cooking it without fat, then there is really no problem.

I have heard stories about how long it takes to digest red meat with times varying from weeks to years. Heather Mills reckons it is 40 years!

If you think about it logically - it makes no sense at all. The food you eat doesn't go through your system in neatly divided sections - meat, fish, vegetables, fruit. It is all mixed up in your stomach and what doesn't get digested and used by your body, you get rid of in the usual way (don't want to be too graphic, you might just have eaten your tea when you read this!!).

It'll take Heather Mills 40 years to digest anything because she's so full of sh*t anyway......

Pinky! I had a mouthful of coffee when I read that, most of which has ended up across my desk! :rotflmao:

I find that too much red meat gives me bad headaches, but aside from that no other side effects. I would be prone to anemia, so when I go through a steak phase, I generally tend to feel much better (aside from the headaches!!!)

I love Steak too - its my easy meal choice when i am eating out :D
I think i have had 3 steaks so far this week, and im sure it doesnt do me too much harm!

Variety is part of SW though - so try to vary it, but if you are losing and eating steak more, then why break a habit thats clearly working for you!

xxx

I have read that red meat does take a long time to digest, can stay in your bowels for a very long time, and one a week is enough. But I guess it's how you feel, and if your toilet habits are ok, then eat away i say : ).

hi there! I would'nt worry too much - I find I've gone through various food addictions with SW (its re-fried beans at the mo!) - although too much of anything isn't ideal I reckon before it becomes a problem you'll find yourself fancying different things xx

If you are choosing good quality lean steak, and cutting off all the fat, and cooking it without fat, then there is really no problem.

I have heard stories about how long it takes to digest red meat with times varying from weeks to years. Heather Mills reckons it is 40 years!

Ive bheen getting organic from the butchers and ive had rib eye, sirloin and fillet and have been cutting all of the fat off anyway.

Trust Heather Mills to come out with a corker like that - she is a strange one!!

Ive bheen getting organic from the butchers and ive had rib eye, sirloin and fillet and have been cutting all of the fat off anyway.

Trust Heather Mills to come out with a corker like that - she is a strange one!!

Isn't she just!! It's just not logical. If all the meat you ever ate just sat there - well, think about it. Not if you are eating at the time, though!!

Organic sirloin, rib eye . . . can we all come to dinner? ;)

Isn't she just!! It's just not logical. If all the meat you ever ate just sat there - well, think about it. Not if you are eating at the time, though!!

Organic sirloin, rib eye . . . can we all come to dinner? ;)

Any time :cool: - ill get an invite for Heather Mills as well and we can all discuss digestive recycling and how our bodies can decompartmentalise waste!

She is a Fruit Loop!

Back