I think I've decided on my plan of action...? I think?...

IrishMum

A little of everything!
Well, as some of you know, my LT journey has been a bit higgly-piggly. I've lost nearly 2 stone since I started, but it's been a lot slower than some of you. I admit that thats partly my fault becuase of a blip in the middle of my journey, so I can't complain about that.
So far this week, my scales are showing a loss- but as you all know- thats no indication of what the pharmacy's scales will show at my WI on Friday!
So I've been thinking....I'm roughly a stone from target at the minute. I'm going to continue with LT until Friday 3rd July, another two full weeks from my friday WI, then re-feed - no matter what my weight is.
My Hubby has been extremely patient with me this past few months, as his social life has been put on hold while I fought this battle. I'm now lighter than I was when he met me (he moans I'm fading away hee-hee, tough!) and can now shop in any shop. I'm still 'overweight', but no longer obese- so I've achieved many of the goals I set out to.

So...I think thats it. I have two full weeks to do as well as I can before starting the terrifying adventure that is re-feed. I've already discussed with my pharmacist that I want to do that really slowly- over 3-4wks instead of the 1-2wks LT advise- he's fine with that. Then I guess the real battle will begin....keeping it off.
So there it is. I think. :wave_cry:;)

As decisive as ever then .... ;) :):)

I think it's a good move. All things considered you've done really well to stick at it this far. Please do DO the next 2 weeks though - sometimes when you see the light at the end of the tunnel the temptation can be to get to it as quick as you can. Those 2 weeks could make a HUGE difference - to your weight AND your self-esteem.

Well done you!! xx

I'm glad you've settled on a decision, you've had it up and down on LT.

As you say, you've lost 2 stone! Brilliant work! don't worry about how nlong it took compared to others, what matters is it's gone, gone GONE!!

And who knows what the next 2 weeks will bring? No, really, who knows cos LT is the randomest of random, lol!!

LOL @ Jan- yep! Thanks Ladies. As long as my 1 1/2lb 'gain' from last week is gone I'll be happy this Friday?
Ideally, I'd like to at least lose my 'regular' 2lbs a week, so I'll be 5 1/2lbs lighter by the 3rd July? Then I'd have just over 1/2 stone to lose by myself, though to be brutally honest- if I keep off what I've lost I'd be happy enough!

Well there ya go ... contentment is ace, perfection doesn't exist!! (wish it hadn't taken me 33 yrs of dieting to realise that :() xx

(wish it hadn't taken me 33 yrs of dieting to realise that :() xx
PMSL!! Well, I was put on my first 'diet' aged 7, and I'm 35...so 28yrs for me!

And who wants to be 'perfect' :p, I'd settle for healthy and content anyday! ;) My girls are 100 times more likely to have me around for them growing up now- and I'll no longer be the 'slummy' mummy!:family2:

Hey irish!
Have to agree with Jan - really DO those two weeks and then i think your plan of refeeding for a longer period is a good move :) It will set you up for all things healthy. Good luck chicken, although your probably not going to need it! You have done really well to stick with it untill now :) xx

Sounds like a good plan to me too! Good luck with it, it really is good to count down those last 2 weeks on TFR. See you on the refeeding forum very soon!

Best of luck Irishmum. You will get there - your certainly determined enough

PMSL!! Well, I was put on my first 'diet' aged 7, and I'm 35...so 28yrs for me!

The MOST frustrating thing is - when I first walked through the doors of a slimming club when I was 21 I weighed ..... wait for it ...... EXACTLY what I weigh now!! If only I'd found contentment in it then I could have saved myself 33 years of yo-yo-ing heartache :eek:

This is one of the reasons I'm spending a small fortune and travelling 200 miles in a few weeks time to do a 'weight management coach' training course. I'm sure it will help me and I'm hoping it will also enable me to help others! xx

Jan - whats this course you are doing?x

Hi Irishmum,
Great to see you are putting your plans in place, the next 2 weeks could give you a huge boost and as you said you have changed for the better. You should be very proud of yourself, as you have been battling and you haven't given up. Best of luck with the 2 weeks and the refeed when it happens.
Doirin

Thanks everyone. I'm cr*pping myself now I've made the decision though?....

Now I have to think about food again? Ah well...spreadsheets keep me out of trouble! LOL!

Looks good Jan - alot of money though!!
Are you planning on becoming a weight councellor (sp?) or life coach or something? or just doing it to learn for yourself? xx

I'm not exactly sure tbh ... I am a counsellor and holistic therapist. I don't know if I'm thinking of trying to incorporate it into that or ..... I DO think that although there are loads of diet clubs, programmes etc around few do very much to address the 'head stuff' so maybe there's a gap there .... ?
I think what i really want to do is bottle whatever it was that I felt that kept me focussed & determined and totally unwavering throughout the journey ... just like you've been too, and sell it! LOL! ... If only! xx

Oh that would be good to do Jan!!!! You should go for it!! :D
I'd love to be a councellor or adviser for LT but i think im too harsh and straight up to be able to be anything like that! :giggle:

Hi Irishmum

It sounds to me as though you have really put a lot of thought into this ( always a good thing) and you HAVE lost 2 stone. This diet does take you outside of the 'real' world and I know I have been living like a hermit to get myself through this as well. I think the choices you have made are very wise, you haven't just gone off it overnight, I am sure your head is in the right place.
Good luck, keep chatting to us, I am really interested to know how you get on... I am dreading refeeding...1 weetabix or 2, skimmed or semi-skimmed aaaaargh!!
Good luck to you too Jan, I think you'd make a fabulous counsellor...I would certainly come to you, and the fact that you have the before and after shots with all the experience from this journey it would be a shame to waste it ;)

Thank you! Sorry to hijack your thread IM! I'll go away now :) xx

Thanks Cee. I'll certainly still be on here! I feel like part of the furniture, and maybe my experience will help or reassure fellow lt-er's?

No problem Jan! Hijack away! I agree that too many diet clubs focus on 'their' methods, and don't address WHY people overeat- or eat the 'wrong' stuff.
I was a bit different in that I had tried the portion controlled eating 'right' food for over a year and lost nothing. Maybe my medical issues had a part to play, maybe I was insulin resistant (they wouldn't test me!), but whatever it was, my dietitian and GP were baffled- they couldnt' recommend any changes to my diet I could make apart from upping my fat intake a little!
Yet I've lost weight on LT?? Go figure? I was maintaining 13-odd stone eating 1500cals of fresh 'good' foods, and they couldn't understand why I wasn't losing?! My metabolism could've been screwed up after years of yo-yoing, but a year of eating steadily should've solved that (and they agreed, but again couldn't help!)
Obviously, after being on LT, I can see that carbs are not my friend, and I'll limit them from now on. Hopefully when I get through re-feed and begin maintenence I'll be able to maintain my new weight by doing what I was doing before (with less carbs & more protein/fat).

I guess we'll see?...

Back