I think this is the place 4 me... I need to lose half of me...

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
OK, that sounds weird... but its true...

I am 21...

I weigh (well weighed, because I am 3 weeks in) just over 24 stone.

I want to weigh about 12 stone (I'm 6ft 2, so this is healthy)

I am a size 24/26

I want to be a size 12.

This all seems so difficult... has anyone got as much as me to lose :cry:

Wow Claire, already 25 pounds down, how great is that?

I originally had as much as you to lose, I weighed in at 20.10 and a size 26 (I'm only 5"4) and wanted to get to 10.04. I did lose 7.5 stones and got to a size 16, have regained 3, so now have 6 left to get rid of. The worst thing I ever did was come off the diet for a few days of scoff at Christmas...what a stupid thing to do. I can tell you now no roast potato or box of chocs is ever going to taste better than the disappointment I feel today of not reaching the end point.

Stick to it and you will be in a size 12 for the summer.

Treat yourself to an extra shake or two at Christmas and you can bring in the New Year with sparkling water knowing next year will be and feel very very different.

Good luck to you, you know you can do it.

Joe (female!)

I too have to lose half of me. I started at 20.03 and want to get to around 10 stone. so you're not alone, we can do this and we will!!

I am so chuffed how quickly it is going and that makes the diet so much easier.

Im not even wanting to think how much I want to lose but its definitely more than 12 stones :eek:

Youve totally come to the right place Clair, youre doing great so far you can absolutely do this :)

oh wow... thanks for all your responses... its made me feel much more positive... I guess im surrounding myself with size 12 "fatties" (in their eyes) who need to lose about 2 pounds to get healthy so im thinking 'bloody hell if only!'

I am feeling much more positive, i have my 4th week weigh in tomorrow and im hoping it goes well... no reason why it shouldnt...

as for the scoff at xmas... I am quite disaplined (ie, I don't even want food because it makes me retch) but on the 20th im going 4 xmas lunch with my workmates and will be eating turkey and veg. I told my counsellor and she said "i dont encourage it, but u seem determined enough... if ur going to jump straight bk on the wagon the next day then go for it" ....... :rolleyes: so heres to a plate of veggies lol

Good luck everyone, ill keep u posted xx

thats so good!!! you should be so proud!!

with WW, do u eat?? or how many calories do u have a day??? or is it not calories??

I'm on LL but have never done a diet b4 this one so am completely overwhelmed by how many different types of diet there are!!!

When i started i had 11 stones to loose, now (6 months later) i have 3 stones 12 lbs left to go.
I have found minimins really helpful and am sure you will too.
Good luck and well done so far, you have made a great start

Hey Claire,

I started LighterLife in May with ten stones to lose (weighed in at 20st 12 and wanted to get to 10 st 12 which is the top end of my BMI scale). Happy to say that staying abstinent completely to this day I now weigh 11st 11 - and have less than a stone to my goal!

Trust me, this works, as I am sure you know from your excellent results over the last few weeks. Keep up the hard work and you will be there in no time. The time flies once you are in the swing, and its the best commitment I ever made to myself.

Good luck!

Leesy
xox

My all time highest weight was 22 stone 9.My ideal weight for my height is around 10 stone.At the moment I weigh 19 st 7.So still loads to go.We can do this together!!

hey claire
yep as you can see you are definately not alone !! there are loads of us losing half of us, it can be done!
you sound really determined and have already made a great atart
chin up girl we are all here to chat and help you through
nat xxxx

Hi Caire,

This is definately the site for you,

At my heaviest i was 19 stone and a size 26

I've now lost 6 stone and am mainl a size 14 and sometimes a 16 which at the mo i'm happy with.

To be completely healthy I need to lose another 2 - 2.5 stone but have come off CD and will see how i feel after Xmas.

I'm 36 now and wish i had done something about my weight when i was your age. It will be the best thing that you will ever do, and thats coming from someone that spent 20 years saying they didn;t care how big they were.

You are doing brillintly so keep up the good work and remember that you will have bad days but you're certainly not alone so keep going

Jo xx

wow... there are so many replies :)

thanks for all of them, each one is appreciated. Well I had a lapse last week thursday (went to a leaving party, skipped two foodpacks and drunk 10 gin and slimline tonics instead) not a good move because I felt like sh*t the next day!!... However, i DIDNT get a dirty mingin greasy kebab on the way home (as usual) and I also didnt have a bacon sarnie as a hangover cure the next morning. I woke up, bought 2 litres of water from the shop and had a shake.

So even though i had a blip... I'm straight back on track... I know I can do it :)

My aim is to maintain over Xmas... I don't want to get my hopes up.... I have planned to eat a lunch on the 20th (my works xmas lunch) and also on Xmas day. I have told my cousellor and she said its fine but dont be put off if i dont lose anything for those weeks... I am prepared and its not going to let me fall off track!

Hope you're all doing well and keeping up the good work, im sure with support like this I can do it! xx

Hi Claire

I started the Cambridge Diet on October 10th last year weighing 23 stone 4, a year on I am almost 13 stone lighter. It can be done and it feels fantastic. Avoid the booze and food like the plague. It's just not worth it. If I could bottle how it feels to get to goal and send it to you I would.

I hope you do stick to it over the Christmas period - it is possible to lose over christmas and new year, it all depends how much you truly want it and the choice is completely yours.

Your losses so far have been fantastic and I'm sure they will spur you on.

If you stick to the plan you will lose weight, if you don't you won't, simple as that really, lol.

Whatever way you decide to play it this Christmas, I hope you have a fabulous time and wish you every success as you head towards a slimmer you in the new year too.

All the very best to you :)

I am sure that you will achieve your goals with no problem whatsoever!

I started out on Cambridge with half of me to lose. Have managed to lose a quarter of me already!

Not blowing it over Christmas, am sticking to the diet.

Best of luck on your journey

MC2Gold4.gif

I am on Cambridge and I started 7 weeks ago. So far lost 2 stones 9 pounds. I had a day off for my work Christmas party but I didn't drink any alcohol. I still lost weight that week, not as much as normal but still a loss so even with Christmas day you could still lose that week.

I'm not weighing myself now until after New Year as I'm having a couple of days off over Christmas.

Good luck. I'm sure with lighter life that you'll lose weight quickly. I just wish I'd had the courage to start Cambridge back in the summer when I first heard of it.

Hi Claire,

Well done on your losses so far. :)

I'm 23 and need to lose half of myself too!

I wasn't overly concerned about my weight (it always annoyed me but never enough to diet more than half heartedly) until my partner and I bought our first house a couple of months ago. My life insurance application got refused because I was too much of a risk at the weight I am (19 st 10) :(

I'm starting Lipotrim on 2nd January and hope to have life insurance in place by my birthday (May) - what a goal!! :rolleyes:

I think somewhere like this is a great source of motivation and comfort on our individual journeys.

I hope your Christmas lunch went well. :)

i started 7 weeks ago weighing 23 stone, im aiming for 9 stone whick means i had 14 stone to lose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
havnt been weighed in 3 weeks but think so far am down 3 stone going on what my scales are telling me

Back