"I think you should stop because you look normal now"

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I just got back from my nans house... she is so funny shes like the gran off Catherine Tate... up until a few months ago before I started LL we were the same size... (26/28)... but she has ALOT of medical problems and is on heaps of medication so part of the reason she is big is because of some steroids she takes..

Anyways... I popped in, and she was on the phone wen I got there and was pulling all these faces at me whilst chattin 2 her mate:rolleyes::eek::eek::sigh::rolleyes::eek:.....

She eventually got off the fone and we were sittin chattin and she made me CRACK up...

she come out with "ooh... don't you think u should stop now, you kinda look normal now... you know, like your not really fat anymore.. I think your, well... normal. So you should stop" ... So I bit my tongue and went "No I've got far to go yet... :mad: and I'm still classified as obese so how can I look normal" and she goes "it must be ur height...(im 6ft 2) but honestly, you do look normal... have some of these" (at this point she waves a bowl of quality street in my face)... "No thanks, I'm OK" ... THEN (and this is the funniest!!) She proceeded to offer to cook me a "substantial meal because I need beefing up again" ... I declined (obviously!)... But I did leave quite soon after this!! :eek:

Well........ I don't know how to take it.... it was hilariously funny... and I suppose its a compliment... ;) but I've still got over 100lbs to go! Imagine when I reach goal :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I think it's a shock to our nearest and dearest when we lose weight quickly...but it is a compliment Claire. Btw, where do u buy clothes at your height? I have probs and i'm only 5 10....lol

LLC... I think i just peeed a bit! that is so funny!

Bearing in mind also hun, that she is larger then she would want to be so its prob a bit hard for her seeing you slimming down esp if she has medical probs.

I can just imagine it being something out of Cathering tate! lol

On the same note my bloke said yesterday the same.. dont lose to much more.... i need to lose 6 and have only lost just under 2?!

Funny how we see ourselves compared to others and there motives for not wanting us to lose more.

Thanks for the kick up the backside you gave me last week after i cheated. I've deffo lost a bit this week. xxx

Frejja - I have to buy tall clothes also and get them in Dorethy perkins

Have you tried there? In the big stores they hgave a huge tall sections.. incl dresses, work gear the lot.

Not really expensive either. I got some nice trousers yesterday for work - lined £20.00.

X

I think it's a shock to our nearest and dearest when we lose weight quickly...but it is a compliment Claire. Btw, where do u buy clothes at your height? I have probs and i'm only 5 10....lol

I could only ever shop in evans because I was a size 26/28... never used to be able to wear long trousers or jeans and always had to wear cropped stuff because the "tall" trousers in evans wern't "tall enough!" ... However ;) I've dropped 3 dress sizes in 8 weeks... and I'm in size 22's now (almost 20s! woo!)...so I've been going to Dorothy Perkins and buying "tall" jeans and trousers which seem to be long enough, which is weird!! :rolleyes:

I think maybe thats why I look slimmer too... my legs looked shorter in crop jeans etc... but I wear a 36" leg now! ;)

Frejja - I have to buy tall clothes also and get them in Dorethy perkins

Have you tried there? In the big stores they hgave a huge tall sections.. incl dresses, work gear the lot.

Not really expensive either. I got some nice trousers yesterday for work - lined £20.00.

X

I bought some size 20 work trousers frm DP tall for £7 in the sale... :D:D:D and they had a size 16 in the same ones for £7 so I bought them too :eek::eek::eek: Wishful thinking I think! But something to aim for!

Good old Granny and well done for not eating the Q.S.

LLC... I think i just peeed a bit! that is so funny!

Bearing in mind also hun, that she is larger then she would want to be so its prob a bit hard for her seeing you slimming down esp if she has medical probs.

I can just imagine it being something out of Cathering tate! lol

On the same note my bloke said yesterday the same.. dont lose to much more.... i need to lose 6 and have only lost just under 2?!

Funny how we see ourselves compared to others and there motives for not wanting us to lose more.

Thanks for the kick up the backside you gave me last week after i cheated. I've deffo lost a bit this week. xxx

True... it was funny when I would walk in with some new (fat) jeans on and she would go "ooh let me try them on" :mad::mad::mad: I'd be like... NAN UR 70 ODD! U CAN'T TRY ON MY JEANS!!! and then she would go "they'll fit me" :sigh: muahahahaha... NOT ANYMOREEEEE!!!!!

She is ok and I know it sounds bad but eating does make her happy (for the wrong reasons, which I am learning but she is at a point in her life where thats what she wants to do so I am not telling her otherwise)

Glad you got back on track peanut... good luck with this weeks WI! X

Thanks for the tips girls...I have some DP jeans but our local store isn't very big and the tall range is quite limited. You must be so pleased to be out of Evans, Claire, I know I was...and as you say their stuff isn't very long. I'm sure you;ll be in the size 16 soon....

Thanks for the tips girls...I have some DP jeans but our local store isn't very big and the tall range is quite limited. You must be so pleased to be out of Evans, Claire, I know I was...and as you say their stuff isn't very long. I'm sure you;ll be in the size 16 soon....

I am... I'm a gold card member of Evans and paid on that in DP yesterday... the girl said to me "oh, evans? errm.. have you got a dorothy perkins card?" I said "nah ill get one another day" and she said "Our shops much better than theres! we have better deals, and much nicer clothes!" and I just grinned and thought ":rolleyes:If only you knew what its taken to get me into this bloody shop gimme a few weeks lady!":rolleyes:

You can order online too ;)

Good on you Claire for resisting temptation of chocs and a meal. Your poor old nan is gonna be in for a big shock as you get slimmer and slimmer, you'll have to point someone out on the telly and tell her that that's what you're aiming for.

Oh to have long legs - I'm so jealous .... even the short legged jeans in Evans have been known to be too long for me on occasion :)

oh Claire - well done for you staying strong in the face of emotional pressure.

It has started for me - family phoning me up and telling me

"oh well you will never be really thin so it's pointless aiming for that"

"you will look too thin at that weight"

etc etc

So I just say "it's my choice and what I want to do and my main interest is being healthy - but thanks for your concern"

In my head I think - "feck off and mind your beeswax - why does me being thin threaten you so?"

I will be 9 stone 11 pounds and now to spite them all I will bloody well stay there for life!!!!!! :D

LOL - Thats the spirit Miss F!!

On a serious note though, that must be very discouraging for you, when you are working so hard. I have never understood why people have to offer those kind of comments....are they afraid you will be 'better' then them in some way? To say you will never be thin anyway - must feel pretty cruddy, but you will have the last laugh, because you WILL be.

I'm glad they are not going to get you down!! Well done your resolve, and just always remember as you do now - its your life, your choice. If they cannot accept it, for whatever silly reasons - thats their problem.

Thing is BL they are 200 miles away, so have no idea what I look like now. It is odd jealousy, it's the same whenever you make a life change - it makes people re-examine theselves. I guess me being obsese gave them an excuse to be bigger "see, we are all big in our family"

When I am healthy they won't have that crutch anymore.

Ahh, yeah, that makes sense. I do know in the past if I saw a freind of mine losing weight - I did feel a very strong pang of jeaslousy - and felt now I am going to be alone, the 'only' one, etc., but I would never wish failure upon them - but you are right - does make others look at themselves.

Well good on you for breaking out of a bad situation and improving yourself. Who knows - maybe once they see you CAN do it it may inspire some of them to change too? And that could only be a good thing.

x

It's also amazin how many slim people around u go on diets when u start losing weight!!!! I know a girl whos size 12 and looks perfectly fine, has always been fine with her size and now that I'm suddenly losing weight she decides she must go on a diet and reach size 8!!!!!!! Hilarious!!!!!

I remember telling her my aim was a size 12 and she went ..."but, im a size 12?" like only one person can be size 12!!

Back