I thought the world was going to explode !!!

fillymum

synful soul
It was so hot here yesterday it was unbearable.

Fridays I do one of my markets so I was outside in it. We have shade but the sun even penetrated that. One girl burnt her hands on some brass items she was selling it was that hot. I was seriously worried about my fine china and porcelain cracking.

My lips have blistered and my eyelids are scorched.

It was the hottest day I can remember in nearly 30 years.

It is no fun when it is like this give me the good old British climate any day.

What a moaner I am.

OMG that's so bad, it's been raining here but nice today, hope ur ok xx

send some this way perlease !!!!

It is 6.55a.m. and I am on my way out again to do a fair and it is already roasting.

That sounds awful :( I hope you're ok x

Thanks, I feel really good today, but then it is a bit cooler, down to 90 degrees f.

But I'd like it still to be warm over there on Friday when me & OH arrive in Barcelonaaaaaaaaaaaaa:D:D:D

I love Barcelona it is my favourite city. We have spent a lot of time there ( competed lots in the Royal Polo Club ) and always take visiting friends there. So much to do, so many places to go, such fantastic eating places and so easy to stick with SW. Some amazing vegetarian restaurants near the Barrio Gotico. If you have never been there before the open topped bus is a must it has 3 routes my favourite is the historic route but all 3 are good. It is hop on hop off so you can explore to your hearts content. The Gaudi influence is just too wonderful to describe and the shopping is fantastic...........oooops a bit over the top me thinks but it is my favourite city.

Enjoy oh, and by the way the weather should be good and is always a little cooler than here, and great seafood restaurants in the port area.

I couldn't agree more, it's my fave city too :D

Have you visited the Mercat Boqueria. No matter how many times I go there I drink up the atmosphere and always, but always treat myself to a tray of the prepared fruit to eat there and then. I see fruits I have never seen before, the same applies to the fish and the deli meats, charcuteria.

There I go again rambling on lol !!!

Oh and architecturally the building has history as well. The walk to it along the Rambla is delightful with the wild parrots and the flower stalls, the street artists and the buskers.

I wanna be there !!!

I love Barcelona it is my favourite city. We have spent a lot of time there ( competed lots in the Royal Polo Club ) and always take visiting friends there. So much to do, so many places to go, such fantastic eating places and so easy to stick with SW. Some amazing vegetarian restaurants near the Barrio Gotico. If you have never been there before the open topped bus is a must it has 3 routes my favourite is the historic route but all 3 are good. It is hop on hop off so you can explore to your hearts content. The Gaudi influence is just too wonderful to describe and the shopping is fantastic...........oooops a bit over the top me thinks but it is my favourite city.

We arrive early Friday morning & will put our cases in the left luggage & then take a bus tour of the city. We're also going to the Guadi museum, Stitges, Monseratt and Taragona. I've never been before but really looking forward to it.:D

I don't know what you like but I would recommend that you do the Historic route....look on the timetables by the bus stops and they will show which colour bus you need. The Historic route takes in some wonderful apartments built by Gaudi and of course the catherdral, The Sagrada Familia, The Sacred Family. If you have a head for heights it is worth going to the top of the spire.
barcelona-bus-tour-0076.jpg

I am sure you have looked at lots of websites.....this one is particularly helpful.

Barcelona Hop-on Hop-off Tours | Viator.com

When you go to La Rambla if you stand with your back to the Plaza Catalunia, the bus stops here, it is the square with the horse statues and fountains, and start to walk down the right hand side of the Rambla you will come to our favourite tapas bar.....it is to die for. They only have about 4 or 6 tables outside but there is always lots of room inside and the variety of very well prepared tapas is unbelievable. If you walk the full length of La Rambla you will come to the beginning of the port and there is a yacht harboured there that is also a tapas bar and good too.

You will have an amazing time, the atmosphere is electric. In the evening just to sit at one of the many bars on La Rambla and watch the street performers go by is fine entertainment.

Hope I haven't bored you.

How long are you going for ??

The Barrio Gotico is a must as well and if you have time go in the Cathedral there ( I always stayed at the hotel opposite, The Hotel Colon,). The entrance was free when I was last there last year.

It was so hot here yesterday it was unbearable.

Fridays I do one of my markets so I was outside in it. We have shade but the sun even penetrated that. One girl burnt her hands on some brass items she was selling it was that hot. I was seriously worried about my fine china and porcelain cracking.

My lips have blistered and my eyelids are scorched.

It was the hottest day I can remember in nearly 30 years.

It is no fun when it is like this give me the good old British climate any day.

What a moaner I am.

Sue, we still have temps here of around 110 /114 f ...its been unbearably hot even for Texas....I was out all day last thursday for an interview and a day walking round in a business suit and proper shoes ( that I havent work in over a year) and felt like you must have done.....hope it cools off a little for you soon, ours looks like its going to go on a while as there are 2 hurricanes out there at sea ( not big ones) and a third that could turn into one....so that makes it very hot and humid.....

Hi, Mrs Harley, I wondered where you were. Thought you had been baked lol.

Friday it was recorded as being 44 degrees centigrade. 118 f.

Thank goodness today it is down to 33 c. 96f.

It is hotter than normal here as well. The world has gone crazy.

Nice to see you again !!

Hi, Mrs Harley, I wondered where you were. Thought you had been baked lol.

I've been about just haven't posted.... seem to have run out of stuff to say...makes a change for me...LOL

Decided to have a couple of weeks off plan to see if I can get motivated again, hubby has given up smoking so he didn't want to diet too.... but we are going to get back on track next week. I havent put any weight on though so all good. We have had a friend over from Ireland this last week for work and have had him stay with us for a few days. I have applied for a job and have had 2 telephone interviews and one face to face, where I had to do a presentation... which took some planning... now I am waiting to see if I get through to the next 2 interviews.....long process....so have had a few things to keep me busy.....

Hope you well and not baking too much.

Good luck with the job !!!!

Back