Today I thought I was going to be attacked !!!

How horrible, I hope you feel better tomorrow xxx

I do feel better now thank you and thank you for all your responses.

However it has left it's mark. I rarely carry my phone but because Paul was nipping home to feed the animals as we were going out from work, I thought it would be best to have mine with me in case I needed anything. Little did I know.From now on I will always carry it. I don't even know my number !!

I will never use those loos again and I will not take my bag with me when I go to one of the other loos as I am sure it was my bag he wanted. A friend has suggested that we go in pairs as there have been other incidents.

It leaves one feeling quite vunerable.

And guys make fun of us for going to the loo in pairs! Girl, you take someone with you from now on, and make sure you always have your phone. My God that must have been terrifying! So glad you're okay!

Sue, only just seen this post, how absolutely dreadful:(

It is just so lucky, that for whatever reason, you actually had your phone.

And terrible to think that you should have to go to the loos in pairs, but better safe, than sorry x

:bighug::bighug:

I'm still p*ssed off with the so-called security Sue. Bascally let off with a warning and told to keep away from the area. Is that it? - had vigilanteism (sp?) not reached Spain yet?

He was potentially seconds from robber, assault or even worse. how/why wasn't he at least arrested, questioned or set fire to?

He was potentially seconds from robber, assault or even worse. how/why wasn't he at least arrested, questioned or set fire to?

I like the idea of a bonfire son lol !!!

Security warned him and banned him because he hadn't hit me or stolen from me. The police will have been informed and they do patrol the center a few times a day.

You can not believe how busy it is there on a Sunday. There are known groups of pickpockets and thieves, we all know who they are, so do security and the police and they can not do anything other than watch them if they have not been caught with goods on them. They always work in groups, 2 of the groups even use young children and babes in push chairs, the goods are passed to a child or another member of the group and they leave the center and hand the goods over to someone waiting outside. We all have whistles and when we see them we blow the whistle so that the other traders are at least warned to be on their guard.

I am afraid as the financial and unemployment crisis worsens so will the incidents of theft and assault.

Thanks for asking :bighug:.

I have made myself some new ground rules as Saturday approaches and I feel a bit apprehensive.

One is that I will only use the toilets in the main bar/restaurant area now. Another is that I will not take a bag with me, hopefully removing the temptation to bob me on the head to nick my body bag. We sell very expensive stuff so I suppose anyone watching thinks we must be loaded. That we pay a lot for what we sell doesn't enter into it for them. Also, if I can I will go with a friend. But most of all if I can avoid going at all until I get home then I will.

What a state of affairs when going to the toilet has to be planned like the strategy for some sort of war game lol !!!

I like the idea of a bonfire son lol !!!

Security warned him and banned him because he hadn't hit me or stolen from me. The police will have been informed and they do patrol the center a few times a day.

You can not believe how busy it is there on a Sunday. There are known groups of pickpockets and thieves, we all know who they are, so do security and the police and they can not do anything other than watch them if they have not been caught with goods on them. They always work in groups, 2 of the groups even use young children and babes in push chairs, the goods are passed to a child or another member of the group and they leave the center and hand the goods over to someone waiting outside. We all have whistles and when we see them we blow the whistle so that the other traders are at least warned to be on their guard.

I am afraid as the financial and unemployment crisis worsens so will the incidents of theft and assault.

Thanks for asking :bighug:.

I have made myself some new ground rules as Saturday approaches and I feel a bit apprehensive.

One is that I will only use the toilets in the main bar/restaurant area now. Another is that I will not take a bag with me, hopefully removing the temptation to bob me on the head to nick my body bag. We sell very expensive stuff so I suppose anyone watching thinks we must be loaded. That we pay a lot for what we sell doesn't enter into it for them. Also, if I can I will go with a friend. But most of all if I can avoid going at all until I get home then I will.

What a state of affairs when going to the toilet has to be planned like the strategy for some sort of war game lol !!!

I pray you'll stay safe m'dear! Take care! xxx

Not sure what to say - how horrible for you. I'm so glad you managed to get through to someone on your phone, and are taking sensible precautions to avoid something similar happening again. That's all you can do in the circumstances, and it shows what a strong person you are. (I'd be quaking in my boots thinking of going again).
xx

Normally I am only there on a Saturday and Sunday but the centre is open every day and today I called in and do you know I did not go for a w** once. I was crossing my legs when I left...............how silly is that.

Poor you, you had a lucky escape by the sounds of it!

Back