I wanna be a mummy .. :(

Littleslimmingbee

Gold Member
Please dont feel the need to reply- im just gunna rant abit!

All i can think about is being a mummy, its all iv ever wanted to be.. and i suppose it's just being magnified because now that im engaged i know that iv met the man of my dreams and one day il have my own proper, family.. and joes brother had his little boy last night (sob, i wanted the first boy! lol) and my best friend is also 6months gone, my neice is turning one.. and alot of the mums at work are falling pregnant again.

Im young, far too young.. im not married yet which is so very important to me (im very traditional in that way) Iv so much going on at work and many other comitments.. but oh my, iv felt this way for years, but every now and then.. the urge is so overwhelming and the thoughts consume me, everything makes me emotional and all i can think of is how i want that.. how i want to be a mummy, watch my own child grow into thier own person.. i bumped into a girl i trained in hairdressing with, shes a year younger than me and got herself knocked up on purpose to keep her abusive boyfriend. Somthing shes quite honest about.. i was almost hysterical by the time i got home after she had said 'if i'd known how much hard work it is, i would have never have had him' .. i just thought, no matter how hard it is, you never say you would give him back given the chance.. after hearing more of how her home life is etc, i was just so upset, poor little boy. She doesnt deserve it, she doesnt want to work, doesnt want to look after him herself, doesnt think its all that rosey now her plan has backfired, man i was mad.

I know that deep down im not ready, were not ready and if i fell pregnant tomorrow my first thought would be.. 'ahh ****' lol, but i really cant help it. I just want to have a child of my own.

its so so silly, and i will snap out of it soon enough, i always do.. babys make me so broody. Havnt even seen the new baby yet and im already going gushy!

sorry, random rant- dont really know why i thought i'd share lol.. had to rant to someone who'd listen so OH doesnt run off haha

You hsve plenty of time to have a child and dream about. Although I don't personally think there is any correct time to have a baby, but I am sure you will get one when you feel right. Don't compare yourself to others it is the worst sin and we are all on our own journey. As my nan said their are better people of then yourself and worse people of then yourself just be greatful for the positives in your life :)

star week is due next week, so i know im just feeling over emotional anyways lol.

What your saying is of course all making sence, and of course i know it myself too.. its my emotions getting the better of me. Some times i just get SO broody, its like its all i can think about sometimes.

I do love my neices, nephews, family and friends.. and of course the children i work with.. they just all add to my broodyness damn them!

Last edited:
I can see exactly what your saying and mean Fern, Im only 23 but work with children Under 5 day in, day out! Sometimes I look at the pregnant mums and think I wish it was me or the mums with tiny babies and think I would love that. I know I have lots and lots of time and like you say if I got pregnant tomorrow I would think 'oh poo lol' but with so many babies around me you can't help but feel broody! :(

I know the time will come but sometimes its all a bit too much isn't it. xxx

I fell pregnant at 17 and had my daughter a month after my 18th birthday... Whenever I see anyone talking about it I say wait.. wait until you are married, in a secure relationship and a proper financial situation.. I say this because I actually had none of these and have struggled for the last 6 years..

I wish you all your luck in your marriage but please please think long and hard over it.. I don't know what else to say without having a rant and I don't feel it is my place to do that. Good luck in your future decisions xxx

Oh hun! Hadn't read this when I pm'd you! Bl*8dy hormones eh?

I fell pregnant at 17 and had my daughter a month after my 18th birthday... Whenever I see anyone talking about it I say wait.. wait until you are married, in a secure relationship and a proper financial situation.. I say this because I actually had none of these and have struggled for the last 6 years..

I wish you all your luck in your marriage but please please think long and hard over it.. I don't know what else to say without having a rant and I don't feel it is my place to do that. Good luck in your future decisions xxx

oh honey, i reall am not planning on anything anytime soon- super promise!.

In my head i am sensible, i want to be married, i want a bigger payrise :D lol (oh earns well so wouldnt be the end of the world but still) we want to be in a better position than we are now.. but more importantly we are both still very very young.. and have much todo for ourselves before hand.. like holidays abroad without kids, and the wedding of our dreams.

You see, i am one of seven, and my mum is a single mummy.. so although i have seen the trials and difficulties she has been through.. coming from such a big family.. and then like you sammie16, i also work with children under 5, 4 days a week.. and they are all so such sweeties.. i just adore them i really do. Its just all hormones.. so dont panic, i do also understand the realitys of it all.. and deep down it isnt what id wish for right now.

ahhh hormones. cant wait to see the new baby, i hate having to share cuddles though LOL, me and joe always end up fussing over who can hold the baby first haha

x

bless you :D not sure what to add to what people have put, wanted to jion in to add support.

hormones are funny things are they not.

you know you mentioned about its not the right time and waiting..is there ever a right time for having babies ? lol

i get broody to its a funny feeling, i get my friends babies and whilst im cuddling them im smelling them lol, you cant beat baby smell its so sweet and lovely.

going now cause you girls will think im a serial baby sniffer now ;)

I was a primary school teacher, but it's very different when you have your own child 24/7. I was 40 when I had my son and I felt truly trapped for the first few years of his life because I was so used to being able to do what I wanted, when I wanted.

I know how you feel, but enjoy what you've got now, enjoy your relationship, just the two of you, because, as much as I love my DS, I do miss being just the two of us with my OH.( I also realise that, because my DS is special needs and has to be looked after more than other children of his age, my experience of motherhood isn't 'normal')

I am sorry to hear that your little boy has special needs eternity, a few of our kids at work are the same and i can understand how difficult it must be at times when it's 24/7.

oh trust me, after a days work running around after them, i am greatful to come back to a quite home, to sleep and go to bed when i want too, with an undisturbed 8 hours, when im tired im a grumpy girlie, so i am no more appreciative of it just being us two then right then LOL

Having said that i think im proberly exposed to alot more childcare than a usual girl my age, i work as a TA 3 days a week with under 5's, teach art on a monday, then i care for two boys 9-6 on a thursday, and then look after another little girl of 10 month tuesday and thursday evenings, and occasionally have my nieces for overnight stays to help with childcare, and it does knacker me out, so im glad its just us for the moment...

as i said, its not really want i want.. just hormones tricking me.. lol

ahh, one day i will be a mummy! but for now i will enjoy my freedom and undevided attention from OH lol xxx

Fern my darling, your not the only one. I have been desperate for a child since my godson was born. I am young but I know I'm ready and I just want one, I know my mental health is an issue that's why me and Tim have stopped trying. I can't fall pregnant for many reasons, I have acute PCOS, fibroids and endemetriosis so it's very unlikely I'll ever fall pregnant or carry a child, but it's doesn't stop me yearning for a child. I cant receive any form of fertility treatment until my bmi is under 30, which is a heart-breaker for me as I'm the maternal kind, also being a nanny, just rubs it in my face even more.

I physically hurt and physically ache for a child but there is nothing I can do about it.

On the other hand your a beautiful healthy young woman and I know this is no consolation but your a woman and you will naturally get broody, its part of life hun, but you will know when the time is right.

Don't beat yourself up for being broody!

You're definitely not the only one! I made a post a few weeks back. I have no advice except just offering lots of /hugs!

Fern, i think sometimes our hopes and dreams can consume us.

Hope you are feeling a little better from reading all the replies - i cant wait to get married and have kiddies myself, so can totally understand where you are coming from!

Enjoy your engagement and dont let this little dream get you down - because before you know it you know it you will be a mummy and before that you should see the world, because things change 100% when you have children - and you cant do anything at the drop of a hat!!!

Lots of love and hugs, EB xxx

Back