i WANT A CHINESE TAKE AWAY AND an Indian !

letmeout

Silver Member
I really want a Chinese take away tomorrow, ut having sts for two weeks want to choose something on plan. Is it possible.
Also We're going out with friends next week end to an Indian restaurant. what are my best choices there? I don't eat rice.

letmeout said:
I really want a Chinese take away tomorrow, ut having sts for two weeks want to choose something on plan. Is it possible.
Also We're going out with friends next week end to an Indian restaurant. what are my best choices there? I don't eat rice.

If you have a look in the Eating Out subforum you find lots of ideas and advice

Sent from Jo's iPhone using MiniMins

In the back of your book you will find some syns for indian/chinese. I went to a chinese buffet the other week and had plain steamed rice, vegetable noodles, mushrooms and veg in oyster sauce and then fresh melon and orange slices for dessert. Its definitley do-able to stay on plan!!

From chinese I would get some chow mein and egg fried rice is surprisingly low. From an indian, rogan josh or dhansak are low. And I think potato side dishes are maybe the best? Don't quote me on the potato dishes though as I always get vegetable pilau

If you are sick of STS I would say forget the chinese, have a guilt free SW meal. You'll only feel bad about a chinese. When I feel tempted to have a take away I simply ask myself "Am I ok to step on the scales this week and NOT lose weight?" The answer is always NO.

10 minutes of pleasure isn't worth stepping on those scales and seeing a gain that will take you another week to work off. Trust me.

Fight it!!

xxxx

Make your own! Chicken chow mein..................

Pete’s Chicken Chow Mein

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 Carrot, sliced into matchsticks (s) (sff)
1 Onion, finely sliced (s) (sff)
1 Chilli, finely chopped
1 Garlic clove, finely chopped (sff)
1tsp sesame oil (2syn/2=1 syn per person)
1tbsp sweetener
1tbsp runny honey (2.5 syns/2=1.25 syns per person)
2.5cm of Ginger, finely sliced
3tbsp light soy sauce
100g Sharwood’s fine rice noodles (ff)
200g Beansprouts (s) (sff)
250g Chicken breast (ff)

Method

Place the chicken in a freezer for 1 hr., remove & slice into strips, place in a bowl & marinate with 1tbsp of the soy sauce & runny honey, mix well and cover, place in the fridge until mealtime.
Prepare the noodles as per the packet instructions.
Heat wok, sprayed with Fry Light and stir-fry the chicken until browned, add the garlic, ginger, onion & carrot and cook for 2 mins, add the bean sprouts, noodles, sweetener & remaining soy sauce, mix well, cook for 5 mins until hot, just before serving add the sesame oil, serve in heated bowls.

Chicken Chow Mein (Small).JPG

If you are sick of STS I would say forget the chinese, have a guilt free SW meal. You'll only feel bad about a chinese. When I feel tempted to have a take away I simply ask myself "Am I ok to step on the scales this week and NOT lose weight?" The answer is always NO.

10 minutes of pleasure isn't worth stepping on those scales and seeing a gain that will take you another week to work off. Trust me.

Fight it!!

xxxx

But if the takeaway is within 15 syns, then it will be guilt free!

I'm over the chinese urge and will make the scrummy recipe above-thanks for your support folks.
I forgot the book had the info in-I'll take it with me to the indian next week.
And you're so right-I am NOT okay not to lose weight again this week
xx

Back