I want a photo food diary!

Purpled said:
Hi!

About the above posts.....I think a weight loss of 2lbs a week is quite average! But that's with diet and exercise! So I wish you luck! My weight loss has averaged out about 2lbs a week! Never had a gain or STS but sometimes I have a -0.5lbs and sometimes -3 or -4! But I work out 7-8hours a week and eat all my syns! Plus weight loss depends on your weight! My brother is very large(morbidly obese) and easily looses 7-8lbs a week with no exercise. I could never lose that in a week and that would be unhealthy for me.

Anyway great diary and photos, wag-mamma a favourite of yours?

I think I am morbidly obese yknow, haha what a horrible thing to admit! I think working out makes you lose less weight cos you build muscle where the fat was.. Maybe? You still look better at a better rate though.
I work at Wagamama :) I'm pretty addicted too, it's SO hard to sit there with sauce less rice and chicken when 99% of the customers are sat there with chicken katsu currys >.<

Last edited:
Sunday:
For breakfast I had a sausage
(1 syn) a slice of bacon and that philly bacon mushroom again. Followed by a banana.

Lunch was the sauce less syn free donburi again, accompanied by the raw salad (minus fried shallots and dressing)
image-2731289600.jpg
That contains onion, lettuce, mooli, carrots and menma.

Snacked on this:
image-3097694318.jpg
worth all
nine syns :drool:
Pretty proud of myself seeing as I won six at work and gave five away :)
A little later I had some velvet crunch salt and vinegar :)
image-3350017637.jpg
not bad yknow and alright for only
four syns.

And for tea, I found chicken Bovril finally and tried the syn free KFC (
3 syns, as used golden breadcrumbs) again..
image-3361883933.jpg
definitely tasted much better! It was in the oven though for like twenty minutes instead of ten and the coating was still a bit gooey.. Perhaps it should be in much longer without being boiled first?
Munched bananas later :)

*17 SYNS*

Monday: bad day :(
Grabbed a ham
sandwich for breakfast (hexb) but had no super free to have with it
image-2267486376.jpg

For lunch I had the saian soba again but with rice instead of noodles and a raw salad. It was horrible :p

Got home and had a spliff.. Over the course of the evening I had: a 4 Pieces of toast with butter
(like 20 syns!!) an alpen light (3 syns) loads of like mango and grapes at least.. A chicken mugshot and a bag of walkers salt and vinegar (6.5) lots of tea (hexa) oh an a homemade bun (5 syns)
Obviously didn't photograph all of this!
That's the last time im smoking weed for a long while!

*40 SYNS?*

Tuesday: for breakfast I had a banana and some pineapple :) lunch was a sauce less chicken donburi with the raw salad again.
For tea I had something I made up.. Breakfast stir fry!
Three sausages
(3 syns), two slices of bacon and an egg in a wok, once they cooked I added bean sprouts, mushrooms, cabbage, carrots.. Stir fry stuff ^.^
image-686968110.jpg
Didn't taste much better than it looks :p after adding loads of soy sauce though it was pretty good :)
Followed by apple, strawberries and pineapple and a cup of
tea (hexa)

I figured I could slyly take two of those pieces of toasts as today's hexb seeing as it was like 3am.. And just keep as low syn as possible between now and weigh in and I should be alright :)
Gym tomorrow! Haha hopefully..

*3 SYNS*

Last edited:
Sunday:

Monday: bad day :(
Grabbed a ham sandwich for breakfast (hexb) but had no super free to have with itView attachment 45891

For lunch I had the saian soba again but with rice instead of noodles and a raw salad. It was horrible :p

Got home and had a spliff.. Over the course of the evening I had: a 4 Pieces of toast with butter (like 20 syns!!) an alpen light (3 syns) loads of like mango and grapes at least.. A chicken mugshot and a bag of walkers salt and vinegar (6.5) lots of tea (hexa) oh an a homemade bun (5 syns)
Obviously didn't photograph all of this!
That's the last time im smoking weed for a long while!

Tuesday: for breakfast I had a banana and some pineapple :) lunch was a sauce less chicken donburi with the raw salad again.
For tea I had something I made up.. Breakfast stir fry!
Three sausages (3 syns), two slices of bacon and an egg in a wok, once they cooked I added bean sprouts, mushrooms, cabbage, carrots.. Stir fry stuff ^.^ View attachment 45888
Didn't taste much better than it looks :p after adding loads of soy sauce though it was pretty good :)
Followed by apple, strawberries and pineapple and a cup of tea (hexa)

I figured I could slyly take two of those pieces o toasts as today's hexb seeing as it was like 3am.. And just keep as low syn as possible between now and weigh in and I should be alright :)
Gym tomorrow! Haha hopefully..

Hiya! Thought I'd come check out your diary after reading your tips on eating out at wagamamas, thanks for that!

It seems you are doing really well and have had some great losses good for you! I did notice however the picture of your ham sandwich seems to be made with slices of bread from a big loaf of bread, also I seem black dots, so maybe its multigrain instead of wholewheat? Try and stick to the advised 400 gr loaf/nimble loaf 2 slices of wholewheat, or a wholewheat bap. I think with those rounds of toast you had later, better off just synning them and writing the night off and starting afresh the next day. I had a terrible weekend last weekend, mainly drinks wise, but instead of beating myself up about it and punishing myself syn wise afterwards I thought best off to just flex it and leave it at being a really fun weekend and get back on the plan after that.

Look forward to hearing more about your wagamama low syn creations!

Wednesday: didn't go to the gym, I was far too busy :p barely had time for breakfast! Which was meant to be this
image-4138019697.jpg
Although I gave the sandwich away in the end and wasn't hungry enough for the bananas..

Lunch was fabulous!
image-436843912.jpg
Went to wetherspoons and ordered the gammon with jacket potato, peas, beans, tomato and eggs .. Only
one syn! That's for the eggs being fried.( I didn't notice the missing veg til after the pic was taken)

Went holiday shopping :D :D :D then for a
skinny cappuccino in costa (hexa)

Went to the cinema to see Titanic in 3D cos apparently I'm a big soppy girl now :D
image-3340617557.jpg
I hadn't seen it before cos it sounded awful. It was actually lovely >.< didn't make me cry though, unlike the trailer for it haha.
Had NO popcorn :D just a diet Pepsi and munched the afore mentioned bananas :)

Got home and had ridiculously late tea. I finished it like an hour ago... Turns out titanic is a very long film and I missed the supermarket being open! So I had leftover breakfast for tea :)
image-1308671452.jpg
I forgot to put onions on that
philadelphia mushroom thing I've been making all week. Oops. Still good though! Accompanied by two sausages (2 syns) and a poached egg. Followed with mango. Mmmm :)

I just looked up my bmi. Turns out I'm obese.. Quite a bit Over actually! Smh. I need to lose half my original weight! That's madness innit! I once was a size six yknow, like three years ago or something. Tut tut.. ^.^
Least I've got a year to get skinny, before all the las Vegas pool party's were planning for next year :D

*2 SYNS*

Last edited:
Thursday: I went to ikea..
I didn't eat cos I had a dental appointment and I didn't know if I should so I had my first meal at like 5. It was this
image-3169619560.jpg
The healthiest thing I could find on the way into ikea :D
But on the way out I couldn't resist a hot dog... Thank god I resisted the second we nearly had after I synned it later!
17 syns! Jesus..
image-1272809312.jpg

Snacked later on some salmon on
toast (hexb)
image-1461581842.jpg

Had a nice healthy syn free tea, haddock Toledo from the 100 free original recipes book
image-1556351048.jpg
That was haddock with mushroom, tomato, onion, salt and pepper on top. I added thyme cos it felt right (if you want the recipe let me know :) ) I had it with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, it was so nice!
image-815128952.jpg
I had plums too at some point.

*17 SYNS*

Friday: uh oh :D
Breakfast was a banana followed soon after with a strawberry mullet light
image-2313982682.jpg
And another banana a little later. Lunch was again the sauce less Donburi with the raw salad, it's so nice!
I went out. Whilst getting ready I had some rice so I wouldn't be hungry.. Unfortunately I still was so I had Wagamama chilli squid too
image-1598898671.jpgimage-2180195899.jpg
I'm gonna guess
3 syns? It's prepared the same way as yo sushi it's just nicer and thats only 1.5..
Went out and drunk around
40 syns of vodka :p
Kept to diet red bull though donut could've been worse. Only need about two syn free days to counter, not tooooo bad.. And I danced all night too :D that should count for something ^.^
I didn't throw up though which is a shame cos I get good losses when I do :D

*43 SYNS*

Last edited:
Oh and how where steps? I'm going end of April lol

Steps were BOSS by the way :D they really went for it! Lisa even sung that 'lately' its awesome ;)

Last edited:
Right well I can't avoid you forever. completely failed almost all week. :break_diet: I even thought I was back on most mornings but just couldn't :sigh:
It's * week which I think could have played a big part. I've not felt bad for eating crap like I should.
I took the opportunity to get all my craving out of the way, if that's some sort of benefit!
I went to my favourite chinese restaurant but it wasn't as nice as I remembered :) I went to a KFC knowing it wouldn't be as high quality as it should be so that was pretty crap too! even though i wasn't very hungry, I had the chicken katsu curry at work and forced it all down, now I can't stand the thought of it again.
I've had ice cream, crisps, hot dogs.. fried meat, chicken skin! butter. but you know what, i don't think i've enjoyed a single meal. actually no the hotdogs and ice cream were amazing still but all the things i've craved I'm now completely over :)
It's weigh in this evening :confused: and I'm beginning the 30 day shred today or tomorrow. I know I'm ready to really be back on it cos I've finally dared to write this post :ashamed0005:
The worst thing is I'm gonna struggle now to make my holiday target :wave_cry:

Last edited:
Hi Im new to slimming world and of a similar age and have loads to loose prob more than what ive set my goal at, so if you want a sw buddy let me know as I think we all need lots of support. x

Gollywogg said:
Right well I can't avoid you forever. completely failed almost all week. :break_diet: I even thought I was back on most mornings but just couldn't :sigh:
It's * week which I think could have played a big part. I've not felt bad for eating crap like I should.
I took the opportunity to get all my craving out of the way, if that's some sort of benefit!
I went to my favourite chinese restaurant but it wasn't as nice as I remembered :) I went to a KFC knowing it wouldn't be as high quality as it should be so that was pretty crap too! even though i wasn't very hungry, I had the chicken katsu curry at work and forced it all down, now I can't stand the thought of it again.
I've had ice cream, crisps, hot dogs.. fried meat, chicken skin! butter. but you know what, i don't think i've enjoyed a single meal. actually no the hotdogs and ice cream were amazing still but all the things i've craved I'm now completely over :)
It's weigh in this evening :confused: and I'm beginning the 30 day shred today or tomorrow. I know I'm ready to really be back on it cos I've finally dared to write this post :ashamed0005:
The worst thing is I'm gonna struggle now to make my holiday target :wave_cry:

Hi! Have missed you the last few days, good for you for getting back on it, that's the hardest step! Sounds like you have gotten everything out of your system though and realise how unfulfilling those empty calories are! Find yourself some sw comfort foods, like homemade burgers and chips, fish n chips (bread it with your HEXB) I make my own ice cream by freezing mullerlights. I find this really helps.

I hope you are glad to be back in control, you should be proud of yourself and good for you for going to weigh in and group tonight!

Good luck!

xsugarfairyx said:
Hi Im new to slimming world and of a similar age and have loads to loose prob more than what ive set my goal at, so if you want a sw buddy let me know as I think we all need lots of support. x

Yeah that'd be awesome!

I got a 2.5lb gain :'( I convinced myself I might be capable of a STS argh this is horrible!!
I'm going shopping after group and I'm gonna stock up on delicious meal ingredients.. I dunno what.. >.<
I've put on like jeans and a hoody so next week I can wear less and get a good loss ^.^ can't wait!

So far so good today though :)

Last edited:
Thursday: back on it!
Breakfast was some
fruit and fibre (hexb) with semi skimmed milk (hexa) and a banana.
image-2046401331.jpg

Lunch was a syn free mugshot and another banana
image-1251059096.jpg

And tea was home made SW ham, bacon and mushroom quiche from the 100 original free recipes cookbook with broccoli :) I added onions and extra tomato too to boost the super free a little. Still awesome ^.^
image-1327879594.jpgimage-4254979050.jpg

I snacked on ham, cos the one I bought for that quiche was TOO nice :D and lots of strawberries
image-2242864686.jpg

Didn't particularly mean to have a syn free day but that's not a bad thing! I'm probably gonna get dragged out sometime next week, I should be prepared :)

*0 SYNS*

Last edited:
xsugarfairyx said:
ooo that looked lovely, i dont know what to have for lunch may have a pasta n sauce and side salad but dunno if that is too greedy and the quiche looks lovely x

Is that heck greedy it's a healthy and fab decision! Which plan are you doing, extra easy?
Either way a good tip, make that, eat the salad first and then the pasta. If its too much you've filled up on the healthier option and if you can eat it all that's perfectly fine too. Never leave yourself hungry or worry about being greedy on this diet, that's why I love it!
Want me to get you the recipe for the quiche? It was so easy, it took like 15 minutes to prepare then an hour to cook (the book says 30 minutes but I might've made it too thick) it's deffo nicer the day after.

Last edited:
Thankyou that is a great tip, im just trying to think what to have for my syns today thinking of getting some mikado they look yummy, and that recipie would be great you are a star :) x

Its very unlikely to be honest, SW say 1/2 lbs a week is the norm, it could be after being off it for 2 weeks, its sort of given you a week 1 loss in week 4.

You dont lose 7lbs a week on a VLCD which is 500kcals a day you certainly wont lose anything like that on a regular basis on SW. Like I said, 7lbs a month is more like it :) Just so long as you dont get disheartened when your losses go back to normal SW ones :)

wow! i have been losing about 1lb a week for around a month..i was losing anywhere between 2-4lbs a eek before that..i've been doing SW since Xmas and have lost 116lbs in that time..not amazing really but i'd previously lost 1.5stone with WW and exerise...I often go over my syns and i blame that for the recent small loses...but it's still good to know that the average SW'er loses 1lb a week..thank you :)

Mozzalicious said:
wow! i have been losing about 1lb a week for around a month..i was losing anywhere between 2-4lbs a eek before that..i've been doing SW since Xmas and have lost 116lbs in that time..not amazing really but i'd previously lost 1.5stone with WW and exerise...I often go over my syns and i blame that for the recent small loses...but it's still good to know that the average SW'er loses 1lb a week..thank you :)

Oh my god! You lost 8 stones since Christmas and you think that's anything short of amazing??
Or do you mean the Christmas before? Cos that's still pretty ****in good!

Last edited:
Back