1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

I want some ice cream!!!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by StripedDaisy, 2 January 2010 Social URL.

1. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Hi all,

I very kindly bought my DH an ice cream maker for Christmas but as our freezer packed up on Xmas day, it hasn't been used yet. Now we have a replacement freezer and my DH is tormenting me with all the synful ice cream he is going to make. Any suggestions for a syn free one. I have searched the forum for some recipes but they are too often about freezing toffee mullers (which I can't stand, no offence to those that love them though).

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. gobolino

gobolino Well-Known Member

Its so easy to help yourself to more than an ideal portion of scoopable ice-cream. I'd be tempted to say to myself that that ice-cream is for my hubby and I'll satisfy my ice-cream craving with mini-milks ! 1.5syns each :)

I'd be interested to see if anyone has any ideas for a low fat ice-cream though. I too despise mullerlights (why do they have to put gelatine in it-yuck!).

4. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Me vs Cake

I like using frozen berries straight from the freezer, mixing them with sweetened natural yoghurt and stirring - the frozen berries freeze the yoghurt and it makes a really nice textured frozen treat.

I haven't done this one myself, I'm just thinking off the top of my head, but you could try mixing quark with sweetener and adding a flavouring like vanilla or some berries - stirring every hour or so as you're freezing it to break it up. That could work.

5. Lucky7

Lucky7 Well-Known Member

I agree about the mullers. Am so please that the new Activia Light are syn free. I think the vanilla ones are creamy and tasty enough to make a nice ice cream with - not that I know how as I've never made ice cream before.
    Could you make a sorbet instead?

6. StripedDaisy

StripedDaisy A sucker for a key change

Thanks for the comments. I didn't realise about the Activia, I will have to try them. The machine makes sorbets too, but I don't know how to make them. I assumed they would be calorific too, but I guess anything can be substituted...

Good idea about the frozen berries. Sadly as our freezer died, I have chucked all my frozen fruit (plus all my bacon etc etc) :cry:so I will have to restock!!

7. Lucky7

Lucky7 Well-Known Member

Sugar Free Raspberry Sorbet Recipe

Maybe try using made up syn free orange squash to replace the juice (the high-juice ones are usually quite flavoursome).

The last bit of the recipe would be where your icecream maker does the work I suppose.

8. avisk

avisk xx

Last summer we had a SW recipe evening at class - it had been a very hot day and someone brought a huge cooler full of fruit sorbet!!! My word, she was a popular girl that night!

She had just taken a couple of bags of mixed frozen berries (hers were from Sainsburys), thawed them just a little, added Splenda to taste, and then froze it in her machine. Dead easy, not too expensive, and utterly delicious.