ice cream maker

I've got one and used it once during Dukan. I was trying to make yog ice cream. If you eat it as soon as its been in the maker it would be smooth and soft to eat, but putting it in the freezer for future use didn't quite work, it was too solid.

I googled recipes for low sugar, then just adapt for Dukan....as in no fruit. I think I used a full tub of yogurt and flavourings and sweeteners.

I've used mine to make oatbran-vanilla-frozen yoghurt, it is yummy and as it is frozen takes longer to eat the yoghurt than normal so get to enjoy it for longer! However, am meaning to try just mixing the ingredients in a tub and shoving in freezer as don't think churning actually did anything. Maybe some ice-lolly moulds would be a good idea too.

Well, I think I'm going to re-think this purchase and stick with ice lolly moulds and maybe trying my hand at froyo sans machine. Most of the reviews I've read say it's best to get the automatic ice cream maker if you're going to get one but I don't see myself forking out over €200 for one :) Thanks for your replies!

Back