I want to click my fingers and be a size 12!

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
I'm getting a little de-motivated by how slow the loss is. I have lost in the last 4 weeks, 2.5, 2.5, 1 and this week 0.5lb. I know it is a loss and I should be pleased, but I'm a big girl and I expected that at least for the first week or two I would have at least one loss of slighty more dramatic proportions! I don't think I am being unrealistic, and have been pretty good at sticking to it other than some cheese and a bag of prawn crackers a few weeks ago.

I have been doing EE, but I am starting to wonder if I will have to do the whole red/green thing instead which is a shame, as I enjoy EE and don't have to think about it too much.

Maybe I should just stop whining and keep going as I am.......... :wave_cry:

Yup me too hun - I'm so frustrated. 2 losses of 0.5lb in the last 4 weeks :(

Hello!

I do know what you mean - I got a (rather unwanted) reputation at my group for a getting 0.5lb loss each week for 5 weeks! However, I later discovered I wasn't being quite as good as I thought I was, and a couple of strict weeks later, I'd lost 6 pounds over 3 weeks.

First of all, OP, you've lost 6.5 lbs in 4 weeks. Just about every diet aims to lose 1-2 pounds a week, so you're spot on with your losses. Lose it too fast, and you may be risking putting it back on rather quickly too. And there's always that old adage that your weight didn't go on over a month or two - why should it come off that fast?!

You've had a small loss this week - is it your star week? One recommendation my consultant makes is to consider your losses on a monthly basis - that helps take into account any occasional changes your body experiences.

Are you writing everything down? Having and measuring all your healthy extras and syns correctly and not 'guess-timating' your syns if you're not sure? A very good thing my consultant said to me was to write the number of syns I've had each week next to my weigh-in for that week in my book - and it's got to be honest. Over time, you may see a trend - if you have XX syns, you get a small loss, if you have XX syns, you get a big loss, if you have XX syns, you get a gain!

Keep going at it - I lost all my weight on EE - it does work!

You shouldn't have to do the whole red/green thing. EE works fine for most - do you have a third superfree with each meal? I know it's not essential but for me, for EE to work, it is.
A girl at my group lost 5 stone in under a year on EE so it does work!

Stick with it and don't rush it, the weight will come off. Celebrate every single pound lost. The weight didn't go on overnight and it won't come off overnight either but it will come off!

It didn't go on over night hun and unfortunately it isn't going to come off overnight either (mores the pity), so as long as you loosing each week, just carry on with what you are doing. Frustrating as it is not to have larger losses, sure and steady is the way to go.

Steady and slow wins the race! You are losing at a sensible rate (and actually, quite fast pace compared to a lot of us slowies on here!). Almost half a stone in 4 weeks is BRILLIANT.

There are things you can double check to make sure you're doing the plan correctly - writing down every bite (not forgetting the half a biscuit or two chips that somehow don't count...they do). Drinking enough water. Weighing your HEs. And many more.

But don't work yourself up about it...as paperclip said - it didn't go on quickly, so it won't come off quickly! It's better for your heart (and also skin - fast loss = more sagging!) to lose steadily.

Keep up the good work...you will get there eventually. Each week is a step along the way in the right direction.

i feel for you too, im also in the slow losing gang, however i think ur doing pretty well! 2.5lb loss twice in a row is pretty darn great. i think we get into the mindset of losing large amounts fast because we're always hearing about crash extreme diets in the media and people losing loads at speed. but its not healthy and it'll usually go back on. im trying to shake that mind set and make 1lb a week my goal, that way im not disappointed. i look back at last time i did slimming world and i was losing a steady 1-2lb a week but i got disheartened and quit- why?? unrealistic expectation- silly me!
1 pound a week is 3 1/2 stone a year!

Thanks for all the comments. I suppose I am just disappointed to not get the decent loss (as in 5 or 6lbs) in the first week (as I am a big girl) and then a steady loss over time. I have obviously gone straight for the steady loss!! I also wonder if my diet was never that bad in the first place so the shock of the new regime didn't trigger something more dramatic. My only problem with weight really stems from 3 pregnancies, lots of steriods over the years for asthma, an underactive thyroid for a while and being a greedy cow whenever I get the opportunity lol...

I'm getting a little de-motivated by how slow the loss is. I have lost in the last 4 weeks, 2.5, 2.5, 1 and this week 0.5lb. I know it is a loss and I should be pleased, but I'm a big girl and I expected that at least for the first week or two I would have at least one loss of slighty more dramatic proportions! I don't think I am being unrealistic, and have been pretty good at sticking to it other than some cheese and a bag of prawn crackers a few weeks ago.

I have been doing EE, but I am starting to wonder if I will have to do the whole red/green thing instead which is a shame, as I enjoy EE and don't have to think about it too much.

Maybe I should just stop whining and keep going as I am.......... :wave_cry:

Hi hun dont fell down imagine carrying 21 cans of coke with you thats what you have lost in the equivilent of cans of full coke!!

You shoul be so proud hun!!

I must say I ve only been doing sw for almost 2 weeks but every morning I look at my body and think 'Why am I still fat????' I am a size 18 and would love to be a 12 or even a 14 and I expect overnight results, I am going to try and walk more or dance to music when doing the house work to try shake an extra pound each week!!!!!!!!

If you expect instant results and quick fixes SW isn't the plan for you. It's just not realistic.

If, on the other hand, you actually want to get to size 12 as well as enjoy your life, eat healthily (with occasional nice treats), fit losing weight into your lifestyle, re-educate your food habits, be proud of yourself at every step of the way....then SW is perfect.

It's not an easy journey, but it's the best one I've ever been on by far.

MrsMc - you're probably right. If it's not a drastic change to the way you were eating before then that may well explain the lack of a big loss first week. I didn't get one either. In fact, loads of people don't. Different experience for us all. It's just a matter of working out what works for you.

Back