I want to have a moan!!!!!

laura.m

Hi everyone

Really sorry but I NEED to have a moan about everything. I'm only on day 5, think I've done well to get this far, but keep thinking I'm not going to be able to do this for 8 weeks (which is what I wanted to do originally). I need to lose just over 3 stone by the end of November. Is it possible to do this if I do TFR for 4 weeks with exercise and then 2 shakes a day and a meal for 4 weeks? I just want to have a finish date that I can work towards and look forward to. I'm hoping to lose the bulk of the weight in the next 4 weeks, but obviously don't know how my body will respond. I have such a bad relationship with food, used to comfort eat a lot which I've stopped doing in the last few months but think I need lipotrim to keep me away from naughty foods etc. I quit smoking on 1st July and haven't smoked since, been using an electric inhalator instead, so I think if I can quit smoking I can quit food for 4 weeks, surely?? Needing a bit of reassurance I think, or maybe I just need a kick up the ass to stop me feeling sorry for myself :)

Laura

Would you consider just taking it week by week and then look at your weight loss and deciding from there what is best to do

Set small goals

Don't put too much pressure on yourself

I know I'm the worst I do it all the time and hubby tells me off

I know how you feel thou

I was 15st 8lb

Now 15 st having an awful weekend but still 100% :)

I think the problem is that's it's the weekend, and we've been on shopping trips yesterday and today. Walking past all the lovely restaurants etc and the constant smell of food has made me angry! Lol. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. You're right, I'm just going to take it week by week up until my birthday and see where I am. Im doing better than I thought I would so I think I need to relax a bit and enjoy getting healthier :)

Seriously do it week by week. I did it 100% for 6 weeks and I have now started eating on the weekends, but not being totally strict with myself. I have lost a total of 2st 1lb but this could have been more if I did it 100% for these past 9 weeks.
Today is a new day for me to start being 100% for the next 2 weeks so just look at other peoples results and decide. I would advise you to have 3 shakes and take it step by step, don't look at it as 'weeks away'
Good luck!!

Hi laura M

hope your feeling more positive today ?

I know I feel better the wekeend was hell on earth !!!!

but its now 11.10 monday morning and i dont feel so bad - better being a work thou i have some distraction

I keep going ok for 30 mins then exhausted for teh next 30 then up an dthen down its liek a vicious circle !

I even asked hubby last night if he would be disapointed with me if i gave up ( seriously that bad)
but hes so supportive and said Not at all however you need to see if you can get to weigh in on friday and then re-asses so thats my new mind set hes with me 100% on this and has been with me through every weight battle ive had in our 9 years together

I even managed to lose 6 stones for our wedding in an 18 month period, it was incredible just eating less food
but this time I just don't seem to be able to get my head around it and i have put probably 2 stone 10lb of that weigh back on which is what i wish to lose now

Thinking I might start a diary !

Hi tubby&chubby, thanks for the advice, I think taking it week by week is the best thing to do. Well done on your weightloss!!

Hey Bagnallina! I'm feeling much better today thank you, I'm back in work so I'm kept busy and not thinking about food. I'm the same as you, this weekend was hell for me, so happy I was 100% though! My boyfriend keeps saying to me that he's very proud of me for not eating for nearly a week but understands totally if I can't keep doing it. I'm not quite at the point of giving up though, I reckon I can do this for 4 weeks easily! Going to go out on my bike tonight after work, see if I can speed the weight loss up a bit! I've never really been able to lose more than a few pounds when I've dieted before, it just doesn't want to budge ! That's why I'm so happy with my loss this week, I know it probably won't be as high for the rest of the weeks I'm doing it but 8 pounds is a good start. Hope your afternoon goes well & I hope you feel better soon :) I've been quite lucky and not really felt dizzy or ill at all. Let me know how you're getting on xx

tubby & chubby

when you put had 2 days off and you still lost 2lb that week

what did you eat if you dont mind me asking ?

Ive just had my first weigh in and lost 9lbs :) i have been really strict on the diet and it just shows it does work, i struggled on my 3/4th day but im soo happy i stuck with it

I just keep telling myself it will be worth it in the end - and all the past years that ive over ate and pigged out, these next few weeks/ months will reverse everything

Good luck with everything :)

Well done Helen! That's brilliant! I have my first weigh in tomorrow and looking forward to it!

Good luck with your first weigh in tomorrow Laura. Once you see the results of your hard work it makes it all worthwhile :) Tuesday is weigh in day for me as well - it will be the end of my 4th week. I didn't have a good loss last week (2.75 lb).Think that may be because I retain water weight the week *before* TOTM, so hopefully scales will budge a bit more for me tomorrow.

Hope you don't mind, but I want to add my moan to your thread. I've stuck at this for 4 weeks now, and as my last weigh in had lost 15lb (I think that should be closer to 19lb now) and not ONE person has commented or noticed any weight loss. I was hoping by this point that a few compliments would have given me a bit of a boost to carry on, but as it is no-one seems to have noticed :( Bit gutted to be honest.

Hi missuscolumbo :) well done on your weight loss so far, that's amazing! I hope I make it as far as you, wanting to do this for at least 4 weeks and see where I am. We can be weigh in buddies haha I'm so excited about tomorrow, I think it's so I can say I've finished the first week. I'm sure you must look quite a bit different after losing that much weight, I suppose it does depend where you're losing it from and what size etc you were to begin with. I started at 16 stone and have lost just over half a stone and one of my friends told me today that I've lost weight around my face area. Mind you, she could just be saying it to give me a boost! I really don't understand why nobody has said anything to you but you should be sooo proud of yourself anyway as the weight you've lost is a massive achievement by anyone's standards. I've just got home from going out on my bike for half hour, I walked about half of it, only did 1.5 miles and it almost killed me. My boyfriend was with me cheering me on lol he went ahead of me in the end as I had to stop twice thinking I was going to be sick! So embarrassing how unfit I am. Think I'll be sticking to walking for now :) xx

Missuscolumbo I was the same nobody was noticing and I was thinking whats the point, I had only told a couple of people and they said it was off my face but I wanted people that didnt know to say something. I told people in work I had given up eating in work then one day someone said are you losing any weight not eating in work I just looked at her and said I am on the shakes and have lost 24.5 in four weeks, look on her face was priceless but she said its hard to tell cos I was still wearing my usual clothes so next day I came in in a size smaller and everyone noticed. Back on it noe after a four week break and weight gain of 4.5 but after all the special occasions I have had I am pleased with that

Laura, my advice is that the best thing you can do if you want to succeed is to stay positive. See LT as a positive thing instead of a chore and be thankful that you were lucky enough to find out about such a wonderful weight loss programme that works so well and so fast! Keep reminding yourself why you are doing this, look at clothes online that you'd love to be able to fit into when you reach your goal, and remind yourself how amazing you will feel when you get there. Positive thinking is the key to success as if you see LT as a negative experience, you will find yourself making excuses to cheat and mentally talking yourself out of seeing it through. If you really want this, you'll go far with positive thinking - I promise. x

Thank you skinnylove, I think that's just what I needed to read this weekend, I'm finding weekends tough. The week is easy because I'm in work all day and I'm too busy to think about food lol. Your weight loss is amazing, you've done so well. I shall start thinking positively and just focus on why I'm doing this, I'm strong enough to do it I just need a push sometimes. I've now lost a stone, only 2 and a half to go!

Back