I want to have a red/original day !!!!!

time4action

I've been having loads of green days recently. Its just too easy to whip up a risotto or spinach/veg lasagna or baked pot with beans and I'm having a mental block on what can whet my appetitie on a red/original day.

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved. In my freezer at home I've got mince, chicken breasts, cooked chicken and I think thats about it as pay day is not till Monday and I need to do a BIG shop.

Fancy making something scrumptious for dinner, but what ????

Have any meaty dish you might normally have and use carbs as a HE B. I love stuffed chicken breasts (stuff with a laughing cow light, basil and sundried toms) then wrap in bacon and bake for about 30 mins in a bit of chicken stock and shallots, delish! Have some new potatoes on the side for your HE B and steamed veggies or a salad.

You can make shepherds pie with butternut squash mash on top (or use half potato half swede) and use the potato as a HE B. Even butternut squash chips make a good sub for potatoes if you don't want to use your HE B on them.

Steak with butternut squash mash (or sweet potato mash) or sweet potato wedges and veggies are nice as well

x

If Im stuck for something to go with a meat I have scrambled egg and add soy sauce to -its delicious!! So I might have steamed chicken, wrapped in bacon with my tasty scrambled egg! I like Stephs ideas - will be trying the stuffed chicken for sure xxx

Both great suggestions. I don't do many red days but I might now I've seen those!

Lol im the same hun i have a mental battle with myself on a red day, I think i may need therapy.
Ruthy xxx

I love red days but I too find green days so much easier to cook for! But when I have red, I either have a big plate of homemade chicken curry and a few poppudums (2 syns each) or a big steak, salad and syn free chips as your HEB. I've also been having loads of salmon recently, have it with pasta as a HEB or veg and pots .. we've been trying out loads of different spices on top of the salmon to give it yummy flavours!

One of my friends buys a ready roasted chicken from the supermarket and just picks at ot throughout the day

I love mince with melted cheese HEA - its yummy and quick! x

I love to make my own burgers with red onion, red peppers, yellow peppers, garlic salt 1egg to bind it together and throw em in the george forman yum yum yum

Ruthy xxxx

Back