I want to lose 8 stone by Christmas!

Fat2ThinGirl

Gonna get slim
Hi fellow wemitts,

I rejoined the Cambridge diet a week and a half ago and a stone and a half has already gone. I want to get 8 stone off by Christmas which should be achieveable on Cambridge Sole Source. I know Christmas seems a long way off but it isn't really. This will bring me under 20 stone so it's my first big goal.

In total I have about 17 stone to lose! It seems like such an enormous amount that I think I would find it hard to keep going using a conventional diet that would see me losing 1-2lb a week. However, maybe when I get under 20stone I will consider a healthier option.

I kind of see this diet as my one last chance before having surgery. My mother has a gastric bypass 2 years ago and whilst she has lost weight her weight loss has stalled and she remains overweight, rest assured by the comfort that she wont put it all back on because of the surgery. Plus there is lots of food she can no longer eat like red meat and wil l have to take vitamins for the rest of her life.

I don't want to have to go through the same struggles. I want to be able to beat this problem once and for all-by losing the weight, maintaining it and have a normal life where my thoughts are no longer consumed by food, weight, size appearance, calories. Colleagues at work talk about diets and needing to lose 10lb..I wish I had their problem instead of mine and they can't really empathise as they don't know how it feels to need to lose over 10stone....anyone else up for a Christmas challenge? I know it seems like a long way off and I should break it down into smaller goals to keep me focused. But i'm in a hurry...I'm not getting any younger and just want to be able to live without feeling self-conscious and ashamed of what I have become and if I have to live on protein food replacement meals to get me there then so be it!

Hello :) I have a huge amount of weight to lose too, 14 stones in total, with 3 1/2 gone since Jan 10...still a very hard, very daunting, very long way to go! so I know how your feeling right now! My first mini goal is to be 20 stones or under by the end of July meaning 2 stones to go and 5 stones in total! I would love to be 8 stones or more lighter by christmas!! think about how fab we will feel in the party season ;) I really hope I keep the motivation to do this! I dont want to spend the rest of my life trapped in this fat suit :(
Good luck, keep us posted on how you get on X

Hi. Good work on your weight loss so far. I understand what you're saying about it seeming like a huge goal as I have about 22 stone in all to get into a 'healthy' range though that seems crazy to me so at the moment I'm focusing on 15 stone which is lighter than I was when i was 16.:eek: Still leaves me with a total of over 17 stone to lose though it's less now yay!

I too was about to go for a gastric band, I'd had the funding approved, just needed to get below 30 stone so they'd do the op and at the time I didn't realise I was purposely dragging my heels. I made all sorts of excuses about how I couldn't get below 30 but in truth I just wasn't ready to have my whole life changed with the op. As you say, being restricted by the band for the rest of your life is a massive step to take. I understand how it seems your last chance to do something before surgery and no reason we can't!

I can understand you want to lose it fast, we'd all love to and there's nothing stopping you with the plan you're on. If I thought I could do it that way I'd probably try but I think I'd miss eating normally far too much! Having goals is great, just don't beat yourself up too much if you think you're not going to hit it. My advise would be to break it into smaller months goals or whatever... x stone by the end of summer etc. This way you're able to enjoy how well you're doing rather than it being a far away dream....if that makes sense.:8855:

Best of luck, personally I can't look that far into the future yet, each weigh in weekly seems a long time to go lol. I'd be over the moon if I could continue as I'm going, yes some weeks I only lose 1-2lbs but others 8-9 with no obvious reason why and it can be frustrating but atleast it's going even if it takes forever. It's taken 29 years to get this fat so as long as it doesn't take long to reverse....:D

Hi fellow wemitts,

I rejoined the Cambridge diet a week and a half ago and a stone and a half has already gone. I want to get 8 stone off by Christmas which should be achieveable on Cambridge Sole Source. I know Christmas seems a long way off but it isn't really. This will bring me under 20 stone so it's my first big goal.

In total I have about 17 stone to lose! It seems like such an enormous amount that I think I would find it hard to keep going using a conventional diet that would see me losing 1-2lb a week. However, maybe when I get under 20stone I will consider a healthier option.

I kind of see this diet as my one last chance before having surgery. My mother has a gastric bypass 2 years ago and whilst she has lost weight her weight loss has stalled and she remains overweight, rest assured by the comfort that she wont put it all back on because of the surgery. Plus there is lots of food she can no longer eat like red meat and wil l have to take vitamins for the rest of her life.

I don't want to have to go through the same struggles. I want to be able to beat this problem once and for all-by losing the weight, maintaining it and have a normal life where my thoughts are no longer consumed by food, weight, size appearance, calories. Colleagues at work talk about diets and needing to lose 10lb..I wish I had their problem instead of mine and they can't really empathise as they don't know how it feels to need to lose over 10stone....anyone else up for a Christmas challenge? I know it seems like a long way off and I should break it down into smaller goals to keep me focused. But i'm in a hurry...I'm not getting any younger and just want to be able to live without feeling self-conscious and ashamed of what I have become and if I have to live on protein food replacement meals to get me there then so be it!

I would love to yes at that challenge Ive lost a 1st 7 lbs in 5 weeks but I know its going to slow down.

Theres a mini goals thread at the top of this section set your self maybe a stone at a time see how you go when you hit it gives you more encouragement to carry on, you sound like you have plenty of reasons to acheive this and I wish you well on your journey.

Your decision about changing your diet sounds better than the thought of surgery very sensible. Ive been terrified of operations since I had a cesarean section 16 years ago the recovery was awful put me off doctors hospitals and operations for life if Im honest.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress xx :)

Hi everyone,

I've just joined and this is my first post but after reading fat2thingirl's post and the subsequent replies from others, I immediately felt so relieved to discover that I am not the only one with lots of weight to lose!

I am not sure what I weigh exactly as my scales only go up to 25 stone and when I got on them this morning they shot right over the 25 stone mark - but I do know that just before Christmas I weighed 24st 7lb, so I am assuming I am at least 25 stones! At 5 foot tall that makes me 16 and 1/2 stones overweight and I feel so ashamed and disgusted in myself. I suffer from high blood pressure, high cholestrol and other weight related disorders too and heart disease runs in my family - so I really do need to sort my life and my weight out asap. I feel so depressed about my size and it really is started to affect my quality of life now and after the shock of the scale reading this morning, I have decided I have really got to tackle this once and for all! I am too embarassed to join a group and as for exercise well to be honest, I get so out of breath just walking from one room to another. What a state I have allowed myself to get in and I am at a loss as to how I can sensibly lose weight if I cannot really exercise. My husband is very understanding but I know he worries himself sick about me as do my 3 grown up children. This is not an excuse, I would dearly love to walk in the sunshine or take my 2 little dogs for a long walk in the park or along the beach etc but truthfully I just cannot cope with how exhausting I find any kind of physical exertion to be and I get all panicky whenever I have to go anywhere. Does anyone else suffer as bad as this or is it just me?

My daughter is getting married on Dec 29th this year and obviously I would love to lose weight in time for the wedding and so Fat2thingirl's challenge of losing weight in time for Christmas sounds just the motivation I need and I would love to join in the challenge - so please count me in!

What is the Cambridge Diet and how does it work?

I look forward to hearing from you all.

SueG

Hi i am coming to the end on CD and love this diet to th MAX.!! it work's!!

well done on your loss so far.xx

Good luck.x

Hi Sue G,

The Cambridge diet is a food-replacement diet of shakes, soups and bars an porridge. You also have to drink lots of water-4 litres a day! You have weight counsellor/consultant that you visit weekly for a weigh in and for support. Mine is really good as he does blogs availiable to view on facebook and you tube: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111871692175262&ref=mf The first few days are tough b5ut after that you slip into ketosis (when the body has used up all it's carbohydrate and glycogen stores and starts burning fat) which acts as an appetite supressant. This is not for everyone but if you stick to it you are guarenteed to lose 1st a month. The packs cost £2 each and you have 3 a day if less than 5'8 and 4 if over or a man. You don't have to exercise with this diet as if you follow it the weight will come off but it helps. There are lots of similar diets availiable (i've done most of 'em) like lighterlife (though you may not like the groups), lipotrim (availiable at some chemists). Food replacement diets are also availiable online, such as exante but I felt I needed to go somewhere and get weighed and be given a supportive boost each week. There are so many options out there. You can even get diets delivered to your door with diet chef, you just have to choose the one which is right for you and crack on.

I can totally relate to how you feel about yourself. My weight makes me depressed, self conscious, disgusted and makes me want to stay in the house. I am not even 30 yet live like a person much older. I have borderline high BP and high cholesterol and probably sleep apnoea and PCOS too! I can still run for a bus but struggle to put my socks on in morning....not good. I've done so many diets and each time my start weight gets higher and higher so enough is enough

I feel your pain but the great thing is that you can do something about it.

Good luck.

P.S. Clarish I will look at the mini goal section-thanks !

Welcome Sue, It's a great forum full of support, I'm sure you'll feel right at home. It's very brave of you to admit all that, not so much to us strangers but I know how hard it is to admit it to yourself. I have been exactly the same to the point that I couldn't even think about what I was doing and what little the future seemed to hold. Please believe me when I say that it is possible. It seems far too hard I know and though I still have a huge amount of weight to lose life is already easier. My medical conditions aren't so bad, my emotional state is even improving, so much so that I can now atleast try and look to the future rather than hiding away making myself worse.

There are so many options for you, the Cambridge Diet which has been mentioned is apparently fantastic if you have alot of weight to lose. I haven't tried it personally as I need to eat normal food to feel sane.:8855: WW has amazing results too. I'm doing Slimming World because it's working for me but it might not suit others. We're all so different. I know the thought of going to a group is a nightmare, think we've all felt that way but the way I look at it is we're all there because we aren't happy with ourselves. If we're all so worried about ourselves none of us have time to judge the others!

As far as exercise goes you don't HAVE to do it if you aren't able. I do understand what you're talking about, before I started I found it impossible to walk even down the road. I couldn't breath properly, my back felt like it would snap and my hips were pure agony. I'm far from fit now but I can feel it easing just a little at the moment. I keep trying to imagine what it will be like not to be in pain, I can't imagine it yet but I can hope!

Good luck finding the plan for you, take it a little step at a time. Let us know how you get on. :)

sue i just wanted to support you as you have taken the first and one of the hardest steps! if you cant bring yourself to join a club then get on here ad have a virtual club! i have done slimming world before and found it great ive also done lipotrim and didnt find it as good for me but whatever floats your boat! im now doing calorie counting as if i do need to just get something out the freezer etc everything is calorie marked then its jus adding up! Food Focus - Permanent Weight Loss is a great site for this as it has alot of calorie values etc pre loaded and u can keep a diary and it will tell you howmany calories to eat for example i need 2800ish to maintain so if i reduce it to 1800 i should loose 2 lb a week but i have reduced it to 1200 and lost on adverage 3lb a week.. this is just one option available to you. either way u have my total support! and the rest of the guys on here!
p.s 29th dec is a great day to get married it will be my 4th wedding aniversary then!

nic xxxx

p.p.s i know exactly what you mean about leaving the house, but trust me as u become forcused on this that will start to go away xxx

Hi Sue G - lovely that you have joined us. Get posting and chatting and you'll find all the support you need. And remember that the support is there when you're struggling as well as when you need to self affirm (or brag if we're honest). As your posts go up you'll get your ticker and access to the diaries and stuff. Browsing the site is great and don't think all your posts have to be super-intelligent and profound. Or start a diary. What's your plan for weight loss?

I thought I'd drop in and give people the view from about halfway along this route. I started eating healthily and counting the calories last September, and have lost 63lbs so far. That's about 4.5st.

I've had a slow period since January. Lost about 8lbs from Jan through to April, but I lost my job, a friend came back from a year's travel, we found out someone in the family has breast cancer, found out a close friend's mother also has breast cancer, had a few birthdays... And it was snowing for half that time, and I hibernate through winter as it is :D

Started moving again though. Got off my arse, got back down the gym (gawd, could NOT get up at 6am in the dark for love nor money, believe me), and finally 2lbs has come off this week.

So, to recap: I had in total 10st to lose. I'm almost halfway there, and it's far easier to lose weight in the summer months than the winter. Count me in on the Christmas challenge. We'll all be a respectable weight in time for the parties!

hi sue, I know how you felt stepping on those scales and it not registering it happened to me last year and I will never know I guess how much I really weighed that day, its been a journey and I fell off the wagon at christmas had I known about this site then I think it would of been a different story..

All the girls on here are great everytime I come here I feel inspired and it gives me the push not to give up I know if I ever have a moment Ive got somewhere I can seek solace.

Well done on making the first step in deciding to do something about it theres loads of ways of losing the weight and a few sections on this forum dedicated to most, I guess your next step is trying and finding something that works for you.

I wish you well on your journey and the best of luck x

Hi fat2thingirl and sueg,
Welcome to the site. I've not been here long but I feel completely at home here already. Everyone is so lovely, friendly and supportive and so I'm sure you'll find all the support you need here.
A positive attitude and anything is possible. Believe in yourself! X

....anyone else up for a Christmas challenge? I know it seems like a long way off and I should break it down into smaller goals to keep me focused. But i'm in a hurry...I'm not getting any younger and just want to be able to live without feeling self-conscious and ashamed of what I have become and if I have to live on protein food replacement meals to get me there then so be it!

I'll join you on the challenge! I want to lose about 9.5 stone and just doing this by calorie counting and general healthy eating which my body is loving at the minute as I don't think I had ever eaten a vegetable until a few months ago!

Keep us all posted on how things are going and we can all support each other to get to our goal!

xxx

I will join you :) I still have 100 lbs to loose :)

I may be going about this the wrong way. Perhaps chimichangas, chocolate and crisps were not the way forward :D

Hi All

I have 169lbs to lose. So, I shall join. I am doing the Tesco Totals diet. To hit 8 stone would mean me losing I would have to lose just over a stone a month. If I can hit 5-6 stone I will be very happy. If I hit 8, I am having a party!lol....I am 29 30 days before Christmas. So, I want to make it my present for myself.

Good luck to everyone! It is lovely to be here with you all :) xxx

Well, I did all right this week. Lost 0.2lb, which considering the amount of rubbishy food I've eaten (TOTM, so I always shove food in a day or two before) I'm pretty pleased with!

It just goes to show that going to the gym five times a week really does make a difference :)

Back