I want to lose weight because..

Hi Roziee, well done for letting everyone in on your reasons for wanting to lose weight. I think as long as we stay focused on why we want this we will get there. You will certainly get all the support and advice you need from minimins. Good luck with your weight loss journey x

Good luck and welcome to the forum! It's a lovely, friendly place and very supportive :)

Roziee said:
Hi Everyone,

I want to lose 10 stones.

I want to lose weight so I can go in to a shop and not worry about not finding clothes to fit me.

I want to lose weight so I can go to a theme park and ride the scariest rollercoaster without being told I cannot fit in to the seat.

I want to lose weight so I can walk down the street and not worry about people staring at how big I am.

I want to lose to be healthy, to not be constantly tired, run-down, depressed.

I want to lose weight to feel beautiful.

I want to lose weight to have children; to be able to run around with them in the playground.

I want to lose weight so I can show everyone I can do this.

I want to lose weight because I want to. I need to. I have too.

Rozie.

.. And after 19 weeks I have lost 40.5 lbs.. So that's 2lbs a week on average. Not bad when I think of it like that..

Hi Rosiee, Ive just thought the same myself today...clothes are such a disappointment every time I look for something. Just joined here and ordered a plan today...so good luck Rosiee...be thinking about you ticking off you list as they become positives!

dawndesperatetoloose! said:
Hi Rosiee, Ive just thought the same myself today...clothes are such a disappointment every time I look for something. Just joined here and ordered a plan today...so good luck Rosiee...be thinking about you ticking off you list as they become positives!

Hey Dawn, what's your story? Tell me :)

X

40lbs is fab, Roziee! Go you! :)

Hi Roziee, Life too short for my story! No usual stuff, always been heavy, loose it, gain it, loose it, gain it. Had medical reasons to loose it lately and my will power rubbish. Been looking at vcld since Pauline Quirke in news lately and then after sad session in Debenhams changing room today...thats it, done some internet research and trying VLCD for a while. Your list was very brave and wish you the best of luck, am sure list in a few months will be much happier!

valerie11 said:
wow well done thats a great loss at that rate u will soon reach ur target xx
:happy036:

Thanks Valerie :) a drop in the ocean but will get there eventually.

who_la_hoop said:
40lbs is fab, Roziee! Go you! :)

Go me! Hehehe x

dawndesperatetoloose! said:
Hi Roziee, Life too short for my story! No usual stuff, always been heavy, loose it, gain it, loose it, gain it. Had medical reasons to loose it lately and my will power rubbish. Been looking at vcld since Pauline Quirke in news lately and then after sad session in Debenhams changing room today...thats it, done some internet research and trying VLCD for a while. Your list was very brave and wish you the best of luck, am sure list in a few months will be much happier!

How much are you looking to lose? I hope a VLCD is sustainable. I know I could never do that. Love my food too much!

Debridger said:
WOW Roziee - that's fantastic
Well done x

Thank you deb :)

surreygal said:
Well done Roziee that is fabulous:)

Thank you surrey gal x

Seems a lot when I think of 40lbs.. Still such a long way to go though so it doesn't seem so much to me sometimes. Good to take a step back and look at we have all achieved from time to time :)

Debridger said:
another good idea is to take yr measurements from time to time
I checked mine Thursday, it made me smile inside!!

Yeah I wish I had taken mine when I first started..

Debridger said:
ah, maybe....but take them now, they still pull you along, especially if you get into that STS mode, as we all will at some stage.

Very true. I keep on reminding myself to do it in the morning so I'll do it now so I won't forget!

sheepy19 said:
I want to lose weight so I can get married and feel good about myself, have a baby without complications related to weight and I want to live a long life with my future husband.

When are u getting married sheepy?

I want to lose weight because.....

1. to feel better about my body
2. to shift the depression that has kept me down for the last 5 years
3. to be able to walk into any clothes shop and buy what i fancy, not going to selectedshops and buying only what fits
4. to have a desire to have sex and not be uncomfortable because i'm lumpy and saggy and gross
5. to keep up with my 3 kids
6. to wear strappy, fitted things in the summer and not long, unflattering, baggy things
7. to feel better when i look in the mirror
8. to have more self belief
9. to be able to wear a bra without having to attach a bra extender
10. to be able to take my kids to the pooland not be in a state of panic because i think people are looking at me and feeling disgusted
11. because i do not want by kids to be embarrassed by me

..........i think i could go on and on all day......

I want to lose weight because...

• I want to have more self confidence
  • I want to be able to believe i can do anything
  • I want to have a normal BMI and not be classed as overweight (infact i might even by obease)
  • I want to be able to wear a dress and like my legs
  • I want to be able to buy a nice 'normal' sized bra like most girls my age
  • I really really want a pair of knee length boots this winter!!!

Back