I want to lose weight because ...

I love this thread! Some of my reasons are:

1: I don't want to be the fat friend anymore!
2: I don't want to dread a night out because I'm going to be the fattest person there
3: I want to enjoy shopping for new clothes
4: I want my children to be proud of me
5: I don't want to worry about bumping into people my OH knows and thinking- oh no I bet he is so embarrassed they have met me!
6: I don't want to have to buy from the 'curve' section online at ASOS!
7: I want to purchase some River Island jeans

My list just goes on and on... lol

Great list - feel free to go on and on, it motivates me too!

So agree with that bit about bumping into people with OH - he would be so upset if he thought I thought that - as it wouldn't even enter his head - but always in mine.

I didn't know there was a curve section in ASOS! But decided not to buy any clothes til I am thinner and hopefully by then I won't need no curve section

I think the bumping into people who my OH knows is one of my main anxieties.
He works at 4 or 5 different schools so has lots of work colleagues who I don't know, when we see someone I haven't met before it's like my heart skips a beat and I just think that they are looking at me and thinking- oh my god why is he with her.
I've mentioned it to my OH and he was shocked that I feel that way

Great idea!

Here's mine:

i want ant to lose weight

- so my children don't have a chubby mother
- so I can feel comfortable leaving the house and not feeling like a bloater
- to have more energy
- to get rid of my back cleavage :D
- so I don't look like Billy Bunter in shorts
- so I can wear skirts without being afraid of my prop forward legs
- so I can look amazing on the beach when I go on holiday in August
- so I can wear size 8 jeans
- in fact, so I can wear jeans full stop!
- so that I no longer have to tuck my stomach into my pants :D

I sound GORGEOUS, don't i! ;)

I think the bumping into people who my OH knows is one of my main anxieties.
He works at 4 or 5 different schools so has lots of work colleagues who I don't know, when we see someone I haven't met before it's like my heart skips a beat and I just think that they are looking at me and thinking- oh my god why is he with her.
I've mentioned it to my OH and he was shocked that I feel that way

well, you look lovely in your picture Nettie! Don't be ashamed of how you look - you are doing something about it and you are still gorgeous, regardless of how much you weigh

well, you look lovely in your picture Nettie! Don't be ashamed of how you look - you are doing something about it and you are still gorgeous, regardless of how much you weigh

Aw thank you, that's a lovely thing to say

Was entertaining clients from OH wedding business on Sat night. Spent whole time feeling self consciously fat!

- I will feel happy about the way I look in front of other people (incl wedding couples who are ultra slim for their wedding day!)

Great idea! Here's mine: i want ant to lose weight - so my children don't have a chubby mother - so I can feel comfortable leaving the house and not feeling like a bloater - to have more energy - to get rid of my back cleavage :D - so I don't look like Billy Bunter in shorts - so I can wear skirts without being afraid of my prop forward legs - so I can look amazing on the beach when I go on holiday in August - so I can wear size 8 jeans - in fact, so I can wear jeans full stop! - so that I no longer have to tuck my stomach into my pants :D I sound GORGEOUS, don't i! ;)

Billy Bunter in shorts made me smile!

I haven't worn shorts for about 20 years.

Me neither! To be fair, I think I will always have chubby stumpy legs!!

Made me smile too. Had a mental image on my head all day!!

- to show everyone I can succeed and not give in to peer pressure

- to feel fit and healthy
- to be able to shop anywhere
- to be confident on a night out
- to not be the fat friend
- to wear a sexy dress at the christmas party without looking silly
and so many more

I would like to lose weight so that:
- I can book a holiday with my boyfriend without fear of having to ask to for a seatbelt extender, or worrying that I won't fit in the seats on the plane at all!
- I will be able to purchase clothes that aren't from Inspire or ASOS Curve (I need River Island in my life ♥)
- So that I can go to Alton Towers and go on ALL of the rides instead of sitting on the side lines.
- To be happy with who I am and how I look.
- So that I can accept affection from others (because I will like myself, too).

They're pretty much the same as everyone else's reasons for losing weight, but they're motivating all the same.. :cool:

I would like to lose weight so that:
- I can book a holiday with my boyfriend without fear of having to ask to for a seatbelt extender, or worrying that I won't fit in the seats on the plane at all!
- I will be able to purchase clothes that aren't from Inspire or ASOS Curve (I need River Island in my life ♥)
- So that I can go to Alton Towers and go on ALL of the rides instead of sitting on the side lines.
- To be happy with who I am and how I look.
- So that I can accept affection from others (because I will like myself, too).

They're pretty much the same as everyone else's reasons for losing weight, but they're motivating all the same.. :cool:

I love all of these but especially the last one! x

Back