I want to quit! (Food Mentioned!)

sassaboo9

:cry:I am just so fed up! Last week a close friend came round that I had not seen for a long time and ended up having a bottle of wine (to myself) scotcheggs, sausage rolls, crisps and dips.:cry:

But it didn't end there! The day after I had a massive hangover and just needed food. So I ended up having a chicken sandwich and a pizza with coleslaw!:mad:

Since then I have found it so hard to stick to the diet and even had a steak and salad at my Dad's the other night as they were having a BBQ.

I feel that I have totally messed things up and to top it all I can't go to my WI this week as I have no car so my CDC is dropping sachets off for me. I haven't the guts to tell her that I am doing so craply.

I just think stuff it and am considering having a chicken kebab tonight, but was going to ditch te bread! What am I doing!

I feel totally out of control. I was doing so well and now I feel like I can't do it anymore. I feel soooo disapointed with myself. What shall I do?:cry::cry::cry::cry:

If you stick with minimins you'll get loads of support here and one thing you will read a lot of is
1. please dont beat yourself up about it, you've done it, move on.
2. drink plenty of water, if you can 3ltrs at least.
3. the first few days are very tough but once you get in the zone it IS
easy for a good while and yes there are some times when it is very
difficult but with the support of friends and family you can do it.
One thing i would say that in order to do SS you have to have your head in the right place. I did really well last year, played about with the diet for months then gave up totally as i couldnt do it. Then for no reason i know, i woke one morning and knew i could do it.
Please dont give up without another try.
Mx

First of all - Do you want to do CD?

If you do, then its simple on the face of it but much harder to actually do. I feel for you because this was exactly where I was a few weeks, hell, even a few days ago!

Tell your CDC - You won't be the first client she's had having a blip, and you wont be the last.

Draw a line under your CD "holiday" and start again afresh.

Stop making yourself feel bad. The only person you've "disappointed" is yourself - and even then why beat yourself up? Its not helping you and you're only making yourself feel rotten.

You're only out of control if you let it control you. Take the power back! You can do it, it is possible to get back on track, but you have to look at if you want to do it on CD.

Tell us your reasons for wanting to do CD, and why you want to get rid of the extra weight, it might help put things into focus for you. :hug99:

you dont want to quit CD, you want to quit eating stuff you shouldnt! CD or no CD and you shouldnt be binging like that hun, its not good for your body.
If your serious (and i think you are else would wouldnt be beating yourself up over it so much), then draw a line under the past, and move forward with CD!
You have the potential to lose weight hun, you just need to tell those cravings for crap to shut it....this is a major mind over matter situation....but you have the inner strength to get through the first 3 days...so you have the strength to get through this episode...and and that is all it is......an EPISODE!!! :)
move on hun....and move in the direction of weight loss...not weight gain
xxxxxxxx

Thanks mollydog. I must say everyone is fab on here.

Lexie_dog - Yes I do want to do CD. The reasons I want to loose weight are -

*I want to feel happy with myself
*I want to be able to play with my baby Son
*I want my bad back to get better
*I want to get into my summer clothes and feel comfortable going out
* My Son is 1 yrs old at the end of July and I want to look like a yummy mummy not a frumpy mummy! And when he looks back at the photos in years to come I want him to be proud of me.:sigh:

I have just told my other half that I ani't having that kebab! :p He wasn't happy I wanted one in the first place.

Okay then

First most pressing one of those reasons/targets that you can meet is the birthday one. Its a timed one, its quantitative in that it can be measured.

If you get back on track today (remember start with whats left of today, no tomorrows) then you have 6-7 weeks til End of July.

Thats a potential loss of 24.5lbs given a standard 3.5lbs a week on SS.

You could be almost 2 stone lighter for your sons photos.
Thats 24.5 lbs off your target of 45lbs (judging by your ticker) you would be over halfway there in just 6-7 weeks

Whats 6-7 weeks out of the rest of your slim, happy, healthy yummy mummy life?

agree with everyone else...
You need to have a serious chat with yourself...

I doubt their is anyone here who has not experienced times of out of control eating, but you CAN take control back...

Get out a pen and paper and start making some lists... one list about all the pros and cons of being slim and one list about the pros and cons of binge eating...

sometimes we see things much better when its literally in black and white....
Stop beating yourself up, decide what you really want and just do it!!

Its not always easy, but I can guarentee that all the time I have been doing CD I havnt felt anywhere near as bad as how I felt post binge!

Hope you can sort your thinking out...

x

Ditto to what has been said already as I read this thread of was apparent to me that you really want to this otherwise you wouldn't be on here and feeling so bad. I just want you to know I wish you well you know you can do it, all of us will support you whenever you need it.

The diet is made a lot harder when you start eating (and cheating). As soon as you start you just feel hungry for everything and anything in sight (trust me) and one bad day leads to another and it turns into a very viscious circle.

I would suggest that you get today over with (eat if you must) and start again seriously tomorrow. Make sure all the crap is gone from the cupboards, have water and other allowed fluids at hand, come on here every time you feel like giving up and have early nights until you are back in ketosis and are feeling more confident about things.

Just think of why you started this diet in the first place!! It's hard and at times unsociable and unbearable but if you really want to lose the weight, it must be done.

Good Luck with your journey and let us know how you get on xx

Thanks everyone for your answers. I have just finished my choc and mint shake. And when I think that I could loose 24lbs by my Sons birthday and how bloudy great I'm going to feel then to hell with kebabs! I am not going to fall off the wagon again! If I do decide I want a meal I will discuss this with my CDC and move up the plan. But for now I am really going to give it my best.

The other problem is with me that my Mum died back in Febrary and when I have bad days I just want to comfort eat and this make me feel better. Stupid I know. I really need to do this and I know that my Mum would be so proud of me for loosing the weight. She always had a weight problem and even did CD years ago. So this is not only for me, my Son and partner, it's for my Mum too. So here goes.

Thanks so much for all your advice. I really do appreciate it. Love to you all xxxx

Thanks everyone for your answers. I have just finished my choc and mint shake. And when I think that I could loose 24lbs by my Sons birthday and how bloudy great I'm going to feel then to hell with kebabs! I am not going to fall off the wagon again! If I do decide I want a meal I will discuss this with my CDC and move up the plan. But for now I am really going to give it my best.

The other problem is with me that my Mum died back in Febrary and when I have bad days I just want to comfort eat and this make me feel better. Stupid I know. I really need to do this and I know that my Mum would be so proud of me for loosing the weight. She always had a weight problem and even did CD years ago. So this is not only for me, my Son and partner, it's for my Mum too. So here goes.

Thanks so much for all your advice. I really do appreciate it. Love to you all xxxx

Great plan!

I'm sure you can do it!

Hi sassaboo,

You have great motives for staying on track. I tried to do SS about 4 years ago and lasted about 3 or 4 days as I found it impossible. But I didn't have this forum. This time I have been on here every single day/night obsessively but it gets you through. The first 5 days for me were hellish. But I just got my head down, suffered, gritted my teeth and did it. But I promise it gets so much easier after that. The weekends can be hard too but just come on here and talk to fellow CDers who all understand. It is an emotional rollercoaster but the weight losses are huge. You will lose even more than that cos on your first 2 weeks you have huge losses then it will average out to about 3 or 4lbs.
So my advice is go for it but don't do it alone, do it with us! Good luck xxx

You need to set a date to get back on 100%, maybe a monday, till then go for damage limitation. I think turning and starting a new page is a good way to go. For me trying to blend back into it again just didnt work.

Sassaboo don't give up....no one does this diet perfectly.....it's the people that dust themselves off and try again to do better that find a way forward. Avoid family and friends to start with if you need to....don't put yourself in foodie situations if you can possibly help it. Limit temptation...stay on Minimins when you feel at risk! Once you have a few good weeks under your belt you will regain your confidence. You will get there!

Lexie_dog - Yes I do want to do CD. The reasons I want to loose weight are -

*I want to be able to play with my baby Son
* My Son is 1 yrs old at the end of July and I want to look like a yummy mummy not a frumpy mummy! And when he looks back at the photos in years to come I want him to be proud of me.:sigh:

Hey there
My reasons for loosing weight are as above (some the same as you) My son was 1 on the 11th of June and i'd lost 2 and a half stone by then (in 6 weeks!!)
I was sick of refusing to be in photos with him, it was really upsetting me and it was all my own doing.
You can do this. So what - you've had a bit of a blip - get back on it. just think in 6 weeks time you could also have a good 2 - 21/2 stone off and think how amazing it will feel to want to be photographed with your little man.
Good luck matey. You can do it

All the food you cheated with is really pretty ordinary, and not what I'd call 'special'. One of the things that motivates me is the thought of the amazing dinners that I will be able to have when all this is over.

If I feel like grabbing a pizza or something, I go and look at recipes for things like Lobster Thermidor and Beef Wellington - those are the 'special' dinners that I will be feasting on when I'm down to target weight - I'm not going to muddy the waters now by mucking about with 'ordinary' food - there'll be time enough for that later! Now that I've got my head round this, it's quite easy for me to sip a CD soup whilst thinking about my future nights out at restaurants, or cooking posh nosh at home. :)

Does that make any sense? It works for me! :eek:

Oh Sass, it is just a blip. It isn't a case of "starting again", it is carrying on from where you left off. Come on mate, we can do this together. I want to be fit for my children too. The way I was going I was going to be a candidate for heart problems, never mind the photograph issues.
I had a big downer the weekend, and it was only the fact I have told everyone i know that I am focussed and determined to stick it out that kept me on track 100%. The voice in my head was trying to be very persuasive though. Bad thing.
Hope you are feeling ok ((hug))

Back