I want to strangle my husband....

Tamgredan

For his lunch he had a ham & cheese doorstep with chicken crisps, then went and made another one with cheese & onion crisps and now he has just gone to the shop to get some "goodies for tonight".:mad:

This is what we normally do on a saturday and snuggle up tonight with 'goodies' and watch the telly (Britains got talent)...i feel depressed about this....but there is NO WAY IM AM GIVING UP!

He is overall supportive and i have told him to just get on with life, there's no need to stop because im on a diet.:eek:

I cant stop thinking about those big doorstopper sandwiches he made..my mouth is salavating.:eek:

I feel better now ive had a rant!:)

xx

Painful, isn't it? :( :rolleyes:

I have to say, weekends are often the worst times on CD. It was a real struggle today to hold myself back from wolfing back a second shake within an hour of the first. In the end, I put it in the freezer (it's a chocolate tetra) so I couldn't eat it. :)

At least when I do eat it, it'll take a while to eat it. Frozen chocolate tetras have been the saving grace of many a Saturday night...

Well done for being so strong! :0clapper:

HI there,
I sympathise. My OH has been fab all along, and the knock on effect of the CD has made him eat less and more healthily (and cheaply!) too.
BUT in the first few weeks I found myself getting so irritated when he ate, not because I was jealous of his food, but because of the noise! it drove me mental! He was so loud and I found I just had to leave the room.
I never told him, and I don't notice as much now, but I'm sure the CD was making me intolerant!

my husband sat and ate a chinese in front of me on thursday night while I was eating quorn fillets and salad leaves :(. He's generally very supportive and has been taking care of himself while I'm on this journey but sometimes he can be just a little thoughtless xx

Hey....
Hmmm I know what you mean.. it is so hard sometimes..
My husband is really skinny and muches away at chocolate every night. I always sit in another room when he has dinner..
It is hard but sometimes makes me feel better knowing Im going to be slim and feeling tough that I havent given in if that makes sense.
Hang in there and you can still have a snuggle up tonight but without the goodies.. I know its not quite the same but your feel good not giving in x

We went to the beach today and the others had fish and chips. Usually I don't go when I know they are going to have fish and chips but it has been such a nice day today I went with them and my puppy. I sat and drank a tetra while they ate :( :(. Even now, and it has been about 4 hours since they had them, I feel like crying at the thought.

My hubby is skinny too and cant get through an evening without cheese and biscuits and cereal.
I decided early on that life had to go on or it would be unbearable for us all in the long run, but it is hard...
I'm not sure how I would cope faced with him tucking into a takeaway... I am just not that well established yet..
Everytime though I feel like I am craving i use my mantra... sounds stupid but it works...
x

I'm the opposite - my hubby is going to end up massive if I didn't stop feeding him. I think there was a bit of transference going on to be honest.

Scaled right back this week and giving him "standard person" or recommended serving sizes to see how he gets on. He wants to lose weight and will quite happily try this for a while see how he goes.

I feel your pain. The worst for me was making tuna sandwiches for my husbands lunches. However, he decided to start on CD about a week after I started and it is his first day today. So no more takeaways, pie and chips or lasagne in this house for a while. My mum came to see us today and ended up going home with a bag full of food when we emptied out the fridge. I am being as supportive as I possibly can so he sticks with it so we can be a food free house ;)

Thanks Tilly - I am sure it will make it easier, lesson one today was how to use the blender then he said he might stick with the bricks!! Here's to a tidy and clean kitchen!

Netty - those are my exact thoughts - clean kitchen versus jealousy when he is having his last meal!

My hubby is skinny too and cant get through an evening without cheese and biscuits and cereal.
I decided early on that life had to go on or it would be unbearable for us all in the long run, but it is hard...
I'm not sure how I would cope faced with him tucking into a takeaway... I am just not that well established yet..
Everytime though I feel like I am craving i use my mantra... sounds stupid but it works...
x

Go on Tillyfloss, share your mantra with us :cry:. Had a quick look at your blog but cannot see it? ;)

My OH has lost a lot of weight himself over the last 12 months by healthy eating and taking up running, and is eating sensible portions now. He is being very supportive to me, thank goodness, so no doorstep sandwiches for me to drool over :).

Soon2bslimmer x

Last edited:
I am another who could strangle the husband. He has cooked a pork joint in the oven for the last three hours (very slow roast) has taken it out of the oven and has left it to cool on the side, right next to where I made my soup.

:(:(:(:(

Lexie dog i'm the same as you, I want to cook for people and watch them eat it! I made my mum a huge chicken, bacon, egg and mayo club sandwich with wedges tonight. Wasn't remotely tempted but really wanted to make her tea for some reason!

Guess I must be lucky, as OH always eats in another room and if he has crisps or anything will always ask if I mind.

He wouldn't order a takeaway. I'd go crazy!

Its not getting any easier, he has just had fish & chips....ive had a bath and pampered myself and its still not helping, so im going to bed, out of the way of temptation.

Thanks for the understanding and support guys xxx

Aww i totally know where you're all coming from. My bro rents a room off me atm and he had chinese four nights running the week before last and then when his super skinny gf came to stay the bank holiday weekend they got chips from the chippy three nights running completely stinking the place out. I really wanted to either hit him or cry...

My OH made me cook him spaghetti bolognese on thurs which is my ultimate craving! Came home after my family had been food shopping only to find the biggest double chocolate muffins ive ever seen and packets of buiscuits RIGHT NEXT to my box of CD meals :| wasnt happy at all but ive not strayed :D more fool them for eating the junk :)

Back