i weigh 30 stone how fast will i lose weight

kirstyjade

hi everyone iv done the cambridge diet before my start weight was 26 stone but i only lasted just over a week, now iv put on a load more and weigh just under 30 stone i feel absolutly disgusting i never leave the house anymore im so embaressed....i want to know how much i could lose in the next month if i stick to it? i know the more you weigh the quicker you lose it so im just wondering what a realistic target is?

kirstyjade said:
hi everyone iv done the cambridge diet before my start weight was 26 stone but i only lasted just over a week, now iv put on a load more and weigh just under 30 stone i feel absolutly disgusting i never leave the house anymore im so embaressed....i want to know how much i could lose in the next month if i stick to it? i know the more you weigh the quicker you lose it so im just wondering what a realistic target is?

I weighed 19.5 4 weeks ago and have lost 21lbs so far I know first week is hard but u need to stick at it and u will lose I love this diet now 29 days on and still not touched a piece of food

being as heavy as i am im hopeing to lose a stone a week for at least the first 7 weeks is that at all possible?

Well done for starting again :) the first week you usually loose a lot, best advice I can give is keep up on the water.... Weight loose will slow down but make sure you measure yourself as you may loose inches more then the scales move. Your get loads of support here :)))))

kirstyjade said:
being as heavy as i am im hopeing to lose a stone a week for at least the first 7 weeks is that at all possible?

To be honest I think that may be a reach u will get good results but if u set a target that so high and don't get it u will be disappointed

i know 7 stone in 7 weeks is alot to ask but do you think its possible? remember i weigh a hell of alot, i need to think big or i will just give up, its only day 1 and all i can think about is food i want to cry :cry:

Stick with it. You probably won't loser that much but can still lose loads! And because you lose the bloated feeling & feel confident & strong from staying in control, it'll spur you on. Are you allowed to ss or do you have to start at a higher plan?

i was supposed to be on the 1200 cal plan but this is my second time on cd and i know that if i dont stay away from food altogether i wont be able to do it so iv stuck myself on ss without my consultant knowing, i dont like lying but i know if i have a little food i will just end up pigging out and quiting.... i just need to get past the 1st 4 weeks to notice some substantual weight loss then i know that will spur me on

Ok just make sure you don't get ill. You will notice a huge difference in 4 wks. Realistically, what's the other option? Doing nothing & still feeling awful. I've changed my life in 14 wks. Gone from bmi 40 to 30 & am a totally different person. Just do it, yes it's hard, but the results are so worth it. I promise!

You can loose 5 stone in 7 weeks I reckon if younger 100 per cen drink lots water. Wish you luck you can do it

Heya hun....my mum has lost 6 stone in 18 weeks. Her start weight was 25 stone. She lost 18lb the first week and has since developed a pattern of 3 low loss weeks followed by a high loss week. This is on step 3, honestly i would not stray from guidlines when its your health at stake. Good luck in whatever you decide x

Kirsty Jade,
Please don't feel disgusted with yourself. We are all heavier than we want to be, that's why we are here.
I agree that you shouldn't set yourself a high target, I don't have a target as like you if I didn't see results I would give up, but I have been here for 8 weeks and am 2 stone lighter - I have lost more than I ever thought as I have no will power!
So stick with it and we on here will support you as much as we can
xx

I started at 16 stone and lost 12lbs in the first week so I think you would lose loads..... just get going after the first week you wont even be thinking about food and you will start feeling better about yourself very quickly.

It is so worth it!

Thanks guys im going to try my best to stick to it but i have no will power at all but i do see big losses it will definatly motivate me

Thanks guys im going to try my best to stick to it but i have no will power at all but i do see big losses it will definatly motivate me

This may sound harsh but you need to have willpower or before you know it you will be more than 30 stone. I started at 15 the 17 then 20 finally hit me.

Time to change your life if you want ie enough you will do it x

I agree... you sound as if you want it enough - but whatever you do, you cannot cheat on CD... it's hard enough and if you go and cheat it will show on the scales and then you will be very very disappointed.

Your head must be in the right place to do CD... you sound keen enough, but you've done this once before - you KNOW how difficult is it because you only managed a week... I feel you cannot dip into CD - you are in for a long haul.

People do lose phenomenal amonts of weight - but they do it for MONTHS - not weeks. I personally would try not to put too much pressure on how much you want to lose in a certain amount of time... you just need to see how it goes. Everyone is different - no one can say for certain how much anyone is going to lose in a given amount of time...

You know you want to do this so badly, just go for - be committed and you must find that willpower... lots of people do!!

All the best,
Lx

Don't expect too much, the losses on Cambridge are fantastic but a stone a week is very unlucky even at 30 stone.
Remember it takes a long time to get to that weight and losing it wont be quick and easy but if you really want to do it you need to stay strong and don't set yourself too high targets as not reaching them will only upset you.
The first month you will probably lose atleast 2 stone then aim for a stone a month after that which is average, its still a fantastic loss compared to any other diet so just try to remember that. Your losses are still likely to be higher.

Good luck :)

Yes it does take months to lose heaps of weight but the time goes sooooooooooo quickly! I started on 30th Jan so have been SSing for nearly 4 months. Had I not stuck to it I would still be nearly 16 stone today and feeling miserable.

Just think that say 6 months time will come round whether you stick to the diet or not so in 6 months time you can either be as you are right now (or perhaps llbs heavier) or in 6 months you could be 6 stone lighter - its a no brainer!
:D

Back