I went for a massage not an interrogation! grrrr

liberty_girl

Peace Love Happiness
Warning the following contains a rant-like post:eek:

Booked an appointment for a 90min whole body massage, via the local Neale's Yard, as a reward for sticking to LT and as something to look forward to after therapist.

She came down to meet me dressed head to toe in a white outfit like a nurse, took me up to the room and told me to take a seat in the corner, I'm wondering why. She then pulls out a four page form to go through about my health.

I wasn't in a great mood so that didn't help but FFS! four pages. Everything from when I had my last period to how much alcohol/water/tea/coffee I had, whether or not I had three meals a day and how many hours I worked.

By the time we got to the third page I was pretty fed up. I've had loads of massages over the years and I've never had anything like that. Seriously, there are a few things that can be treated with massage but she is not a doctor, she has little knowledge of medicine and I would not go for a massage if I was worried about health issues.

By the fourth page I said 'why do you need to know how tea/coffee I drink' she says 'oh well if it's too much we try to tell people to cut down' GGGRRRRR FFS! Seriously I wouldn't go to a massage therapist for dietry advice no more than I would go to the mechanic to clean my house. Ridiculous.

And she had the most irritating voice you can imagine.

I said I didn't think it was a good idea and left.

tantrum.gif
tantrum.gif
tantrum.gif
tantrum.gif
tantrum.gif

Oh no, what a shame you didn't get your massage after all that. Bit over zealous aren't they! and as you say why give them your personal details I'd complain they should have told you about that before you even booked it if they have that way of working.

Hope you can find another alternative treat to help you feel amazing!!!

Good for you for leaving its exactly what id do!! you go to have a massage to relax on to be wound up

Oh my god i'm a nurse and I dont even get people to fill in questionaires! They come to treatment room, I do the dressings/ear syringes/injection etc and off they go! I cant believe that! It would prbably be more relaxing for you to come to treatment room to have your ears syringed!! xx

Personally, I would ring them and complain, let them know how you felt exactly, and they might even offer you a free massage :D

Worth a go???

Oh my god i'm a nurse and I dont even get people to fill in questionaires! They come to treatment room, I do the dressings/ear syringes/injection etc and off they go! I cant believe that! It would prbably be more relaxing for you to come to treatment room to have your ears syringed!! xx

lol, I'm a bit deaf so I probably do need that!

And I was worried about giving so much information without knowing what data-protection she was going to adhere to, she is obviously self employed, I bet it just goes into a folder and sits in her bedroom.:rolleyes:

lol, I'm a bit deaf so I probably do need that!

And I was worried about giving so much information without knowing what data-protection she was going to adhere to, she is obviously self employed, I bet it just goes into a folder and sits in her bedroom.:rolleyes:

Thats true! It is all completely confidential its worrying really! If they want to help people stop smoking or drinking less etc they should just put leaflets in the waiting room and posters up so that they get the proper advice! xx

im sorry to argue guys but having a questionnaire for a new client is basically for a clients own good and required by any reputable massage therapist...yes she had no need to have such a long one i admit but basic things like asking you what medication your on, if your allergic to anything, if youve been ill recently etc is purely so that you get the correct massage etc etc. re the point you made about not being medically trained..you have to have an anatomy and physiology certificate before you can massage anyone so she is trained and its a damn hard exam let me tell you..ive done it!!

that said, i hope you had a great massage after all the fuss you thought youd been put through and felt more relaxed lol

heidi

Back