I went to class and stayed....

gonabslim79

So my plan was use my free membership voucher. get all me books, including the new directory. and then try and do it at home thus saving myself the cost of going to class.....

I got chatting to the consultant and told her i have 13 weeks till my 30th and didnt want to be fat and 30. so first goal was to lose a stone.... also 'spoke out loud' that we will be trying for a baby soon as well and I was concerned that i wouldnt be healthy....

I think that having that chat with her has made me see the light and i 'must' keep going back to class cos i cant give up when the going gets tough like i have been. I have 13 weeks to lose a stone and get back to where i was at round about that time last year.

so i had a chat with the OH tonight. as usual he said that he would do what ever makes me happy.... so i need to go for it and not get down if i 'only' lose halfa pound .... like the OH says its still a loss!

Well done!
Some peeps are motivated enough that they can "home-school", but I need to have an "independant" weighing me! So I class every week, and am so anal that if I can't get to my normal class, I go toanother one!

I think you have made a great decision - staying to class each week really did help my weightloss - *especially* when I found it tough. As a target member I still stay every week (just for free now :D) if I stopped going, I know what would happen ..... and that ISNT going to happen :D

good luck xx

I think it's easy to underestimate the support you get from a class until you go there! It's great that you have found a group with a good consultant and you want to go back

I think you have made a great decision - staying to class each week really did help my weightloss - *especially* when I found it tough. As a target member I still stay every week (just for free now :D) if I stopped going, I know what would happen ..... and that ISNT going to happen :D

good luck xx
I'm so glad you said that. so many times I see people returning to SW saying "I got to target then stopped coming and I put some of it back on so now I'm back." Why stop going? You go for free as a target member but when you give up and let it all slide you then have to pay again and shift all that weight again! What a waste! I know I can't go it alone so I will make full use of free attendance if and when I reach target!

I stopped going when I reached target due to location. It was a ball ache getting to class so when I "didn't need" to anymore, I stopped! ...now I'm back with all the weight back on plus some!

yup, i thought that with the 'weigh in' and this fantastic forum i shouldnt really go wrong.

next step is to ditch the scales in my bathroom!!

Well done on staying to class.

I need my 'day of reckoning' each week. I lost a lot of weight on SW before and put most of it back on. I now realise that I will have to attend class for life otherwise it's just too easy for me to get complacent and the few pounds ends up as a few stones back on.

I'm sure you'll get that stone off in no time! Good luck

Yes, staying each week is good fun - I think of it as a social night!

I am moving house in about 8 weeks (out of the area) and I have already decided that I will find a new group. Obviously I am nervous about this, it took me two attempts to find the class I am at now, but hopefully I will find a group of people who are happy and supportive. It might be considered a bit odd to *join* a group as a target member, but I see it as a good way of meeting new people in a new area :D

Even better, commit yourself with a 6 or 12 week countdown, and save money. That way you can't say "I'll just treat myself to this, and soon get back on track - if I feel a bit fat, I'll just miss going next week so it won't matter". We all know what happens then.....

P.S.I'm so slow typing with one finger that *Angie* beat me to it! This post applies to those above hers, and anyone else that's got in!

Good luck *Angie*, hope you soon find another really supportive Group.

Last edited:
I have to stay to class most of the time, I know from experience that once I stop going I soon fall off the wagon. It's also nice to be with other people who understand the struggle it can be sometimes to stay on track. Good luck!

Well done Gonabslim, you should be proud of yourself!
Staying to class is such a big part of losing weight, it helped me a lot - it's great to know you are not on your own.

I also carried on going when I reached target, it's a part of my life now and I couldn't be without it - it's my "thing" without the OH and kids and my evening out. I almost got to target with SW before and stopped going, ended up back at SW 3 years later and the heaviest I've ever been!!!

Stick with it, class is great (I applaud anyone who can go it alone) and you will get all the support you need from there and here!

I am moving house in about 8 weeks (out of the area) and I have already decided that I will find a new group. Obviously I am nervous about this, it took me two attempts to find the class I am at now, but hopefully I will find a group of people who are happy and supportive. It might be considered a bit odd to *join* a group as a target member, but I see it as a good way of meeting new people in a new area :D

I'm in the same boat as I'm moving to the other end of the country in the summer, when I'll hopefully be at target. How do you go about moving group?

Go on the SW site and find the bit about joining there is a section to find your 10 nearest groups, just type in your new post code!
Once you have joined SW you can go to any class you want, so you could go to a different class every week!

Well done you! I had a feeling you'd want to stay. Am so glad for you. You'll crack that stone in no time I'm sure.

So you can just turn up then? I guess I just have to take my book along to prove that I'm at target? I know you can go to different groups, but want to keep my progress travelling with me if that makes sense!

Just turn up, book in hand!
I would make sure that they write you weight in every week so it's clear you are attending, even if it's not the same class

Back