I went to the doctor this morning and...

Sorry to read you have to stop for a while Gem, did the doc say why LT had this effect on you?

In Gem's case, LT doesn't really have much to do with her fainting episodes as such. Gem was told sometime last year that she had to up her salt intake to raise her blood pressure to normal (which is why salt is good for you- in moderation).

However, LT has a lower salt content in order to cleanse the pallet to stop you from eating processed foods (which is why some people get the restless legs syndrome and cramps as their bodies adjust) when you have finished- as we all know processed foods have high salt and sugar content. It could be the case that when Gem returns from hol she will be able to get herself some salt tablets and her blood pressure will be fine. Another avenue we discussed today was making her like the chicken soup and adding some salt to that (totally against LT rules for the reason mentioned above but completely necessary!).

Don't worry I promise to look after her and won't allow her stubbornness to compromise her health! xxx

vogel celery salt, like you put in bloody marys- tastes great. think thay bury celery and other vegetables in salt so its flavoured or something, its salty but in a healthier way - anyway nice in the soup (with herbs too) Good holidays!

Celery salt is amazing! Yum, yum. I have the virgin version of the cocktail above as me and vodka seriously don't mix.

Back