I will be skinny!!

Pipaluk

I will be skinny!
Okay so where do I start? Basically I have always struggled with my weight since I was 5. My family are all big as well, which didn't have a good influence on my eating habits. When I was 13 my mum joined Weight Watchers and lost 10 stone on it, I also joined with her too, and lost 18lbs then started losing interest in the whole ''healthy eating'' and easily slipped back to my old ways. Over the years I have tried dieting my self, lost a few pounds here and there but put them back on - with a whole lot of other pounds too. I hadn't stepped on the scales for 2 months and seeing 19stone 12 flashing up on my screen I was mortified. After a few days of feeling sorry for myself I kicked my backside into gear and headed down to my local Slimming World meeting, no more making excuses! My cousins girlfriend also joined me a couple of weeks later as she wants to lose all her baby weight. We keep each other going, texting each other our meal plans for the day, it's great! I haven't focused much on exercising yet, I do Zumba every Monday night but that's about it. I have wanted to get myself into the swing with getting my eating habits right first. I am trying to stay syn free, I try and not have more than 5 syns a day, also not eating bread, drinking plenty of water and snacking on lots of fruit. I stick to my main 3 meals and pile my plates up at meal times. I can't wait to be able to go into high street shops and buy something other than handbags, jewellery or socks! I keep looking around the sale racks and picking up a few pieces of clothes in a size 12 as well, hanging them around my room and dreaming of when I am able to fit into them!

Last edited:
Good luck with your journey. Don't worry about your syns, they're part of the plan - trust in the plan and you will lose weight. Using them for a little of what you fancy will keep you focused and able to stay on the plan long term. Completely removing any treats may make it seem like hard work quite quickly.

Anyway look forward to seeing how you get on :) x

Hey, it really sounds like your head is in the right place!! Good luck on your journey and minimums is great for the support you need!!!

Further to the no syns thing, my c said that you should try and use them because if you don't when you plateau (which everyone does) there is nothing to cut back on!!! Everyone is different though so just do what you feel good doing!!!

Have you lost much in your first few weeks???

That's what my SW consultant said to me when she had a look at my meal plans last night because she was shocked how I have lost so much so soon that I should include more syns in my diet. I feel paranoid that if I have syns I won't lose as much weight :confused:

becki22 - I have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks :p

Today I am going swimming with my baby nephew, I can't remember the last time I actually wore a swimming costume! :eek: But, it's all part of building up my confidence again, other than that I am looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Pipaluk said:
That's what my SW consultant said to me when she had a look at my meal plans last night because she was shocked how I have lost so much so soon that I should include more syns in my diet. I feel paranoid that if I have syns I won't lose as much weight :confused:

becki22 - I have lost 25lbs in 5 weeks :p

Today I am going swimming with my baby nephew, I can't remember the last time I actually wore a swimming costume! :eek: But, it's all part of building up my confidence again, other than that I am looking forward to it.

Breakfast: 2 weight watchers sausage (1/2 syn each), fried egg, a rasher of bacon, 2 slices of small wholemeal toast (HEXB) with some grapes and orange slices.

Lunch: Quorn chicken pieces with pasta, peas and sweetcorn and 2 mini tubs of extra light phili (HEXA).

Dinner: Batchelors Pasta n Sauce, chicken and mushroom flavour (made only using water - I am working till really late tonight so I thought this would do, not very interesting though :rolleyes: ..) a packet of Monster Munch (6syns) an apple and banana. I think it should keep me going through my shift! :D

I still have the same paranoia about the syns, especially as I don't use them really when I'm cooking. So I just remind myself that a little of what I fancy is ok, its whats going to make me stay on plan and succeed this time. I won't eat them just for the sake of making sure I have them though. Well done on your loss do far, that's fantastic x

Blimey that is a massive amount in a short space of time!!! I can dream haha!!! Well done on your weight loss!!!

Like it has been said, the syns are apart of the plan so don't let them make you feel guilty!!! I struggled to use mine in first few days but soon become grateful for them!!!

So my life has been pure chaos the past 1 week. Sorting my life back out, getting everything back on track and moving my things back into my parents hasn't made it an easy week for me but I am proud to say I have lost 4.5lbs this week. So I reached my club 10 target and got my 2 stone sticker award all in one weigh in so I am feeling FABULOUS! :D I have not really had time to post on here, so I am sat up now planning my menus for the week so I can go shopping tomorrow and buy the supplies in, decided I am going to make a couple of meals up and freeze them which will make it easier. I miss having my own kitchen :mad: I had half a portion of chippy chips tonight as my first treat since starting SW, after my weigh in, I did not enjoy them in the slightest and threw them in the bin - all I could taste was the grease on them ..eww.

Wow, your weight loss is amazing!! Well done!! You should feel really proud, totally with you on the confidence swimming costume thing, I took my boys swimming for the first time last month, and hated every second of the costume, but was so much fun with my twins that it made up for my fears.. Good luck! Xxx

So I have decided to enter the race for life, which will be on the 22nd July.. I don't think I will be running it though, probably power walk but I might surprise myself. I have set myself another mini goal, to have lost a total of 5 stone by then :)

Now I actually have the time to post on here properly instead of just having a quick flick through when I've had some spare time.

Went swimming today and swam 15 lengths, just got back from Zumba about 1hour ago. Planning on going swimming again this week, enjoyed it actually and the pool is usually quiet if you go about 10 in the morning which helps with me feeling a bit embarrassed in a swimming costume. I also made myself 2 cottage pies and a spaghetti bolognese and put them in the freezer in case I have one of those days where I can't think what to have / don't feel like cooking. Me and my slimming buddy signed up for the race for life today, feeling really motivated to do that - hopefully by then I will have lost a total of 5-6 stone. Went for a pub lunch on Saturday and had a good catch up with an old friend, enjoyed myself but not been 100% on plan this week, so not expecting a great loss but stuck to it 110% since and I have till Thursday evening to burn off some lbs :)

Last edited:
Thanks a lot hun :) well done yourself, you are doing fabulous xx

Going to give Kettle Bell Workout a try this weekend, they do a class at my local gym on a Saturday morning, really excited to start. Bought myself a proper gym kit today as well, in a size 16 :eek: woo! I have dropped a dress size :woohoo: so happy :D

Really determind for a good loss this week. I shouldn't of had that McDonalds breakfast and pub lunch on the same day as my weigh in last week :rolleyes: it was good, but not as good as having a successful loss :p at least I know where I went wrong though!

I am feeling really really happy today as well, not had a good few weeks but I have pulled my finger out and learning to love myself for who I am! :)

Just popping in to say Hi! Well done on your weight loss so far, I look forward to following your progress on your diary :)

Exhausted now! :) Did Zumba this morning, followed by 20minutes cross trainer, 15minutes cycling and 5minute cool down on the treadmill. They are doing a Legs, Bums & Tums class tomorrow followed by Body Combat - I really want to do both, but I am not sure if my body will be able to cope with it. I am going to have a think about it anyway!

Breakfast: Muller light, 2 alpen light bars (HEXB) & an apple

Lunch: Tortilla wrap (6syns) with quorn style chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, spring onion and mayonnaise (3 syns)

Dinner: 2 fried eggs, beans, syn free chips with cheese (HEXA)

Snacks: Grapes and melon :D

Last edited:
I gained 2lbs this week :eek: which is annoying me. I have worked so hard this week at the gym. I have gone 3 times this week done 3 classes (Zumba/L.B.T/Body Combat), cross trainer, cycling and swimming. I have done at least 90minutes of exercise each time :confused: I measure myself each week as well around my hips, chest & waist. I have lost 3" off my hips, 1" off my chest and waist, I can also feel it in my clothes but the scales are up. My consultant put it down to muscle gain? :rolleyes:

Pipaluk said:
I gained 2lbs this week :eek: which is annoying me. I have worked so hard this week at the gym. I have gone 3 times this week done 3 classes (Zumba/L.B.T/Body Combat), cross trainer, cycling and swimming. I have done at least 90minutes of exercise each time :confused: I measure myself each week as well around my hips, chest & waist. I have lost 3" off my hips, 1" off my chest and waist, I can also feel it in my clothes but the scales are up. My consultant put it down to muscle gain? :rolleyes:

If you're losing inches but gaining weight that's ok, as your bodies changing and your getting muscle mass instead. Well done!!!! Xx

Hi Pip!

Try not to worry too muh on the gain this week. When I joined the gym and started dong a lot more exercise I nearly cancelled my membership as my weight loss slowed right down.

You need to give your body chance to get used to the changes you are doing actvity wise and you will see losses on the scales again.

Have your muscles been aching after workng out? If so this is apparantly your muscles holding onto water, so your gain may be down to this.

Keep up with the measurement taking. I have noticed myself shrinking when the scales have been not so kind!!

Off the top of my head (cos I cant be bothered to go and get my diary!!) I have lost 5" off my bust!! Also For xmas my mum bought me a coat in a size 34 (!!!) and it only just fit.....I am now happily (very happily) wearing a 24/26.

I have also got a dress to wear for my best mates wedding in May that is a 22 and it feels and looks better now than it did even 4/5 weeks ago!!

At the end of the day you know if you are following plan, plus you are doing more exercise so the weight WILL start to drop off again. Remember.....to gain 1lb, you need to be consuming 3500 EXTRA calories!!

xxx

Hiya hun :) Yeah, I was coming back from my class and wanting to cancel my membership and having a big stress about it. So I decided to measure myself and see if I had lost any of that and I have, which changed my mood right around. I am really enjoying going to the gym as well, it makes me feel a lot better in myself! Since I did that L.B.T class my thighs and stomach muscles have being pretty bad, when I lay down at night I can feel my stomach muscles all tensed up and if I try to breath in it hurts a little :confused: not sure if I should be worried about it, or is it just natural? It doesn't feel as bad now so I am deffinetly hitting the gym tomorrow, I gave it a pass today as I thought I needed to give myself a rest :p

Oh my gosh, that is incredible :eek: !! I bought some jeans in a size 20 at christmas, they fit pretty well and now they just fall right off me. I think it feels GREAT when your clothes are getting too big ( I am use to most my clothes getting too small !! ) :D I think by May you will be needing a smaller size in that dress :D xx

Yea, just bear with it. At least with doing measurements as well you WILL be seeing a positive difference, it might not be a weight change but it might be an inch change.

At the end of the day you need to lose inches as well as pounds.

With regards to the aches and pains.....it will be your body adjusting and you using muscles you may not have used in a long time so just bear with it but at the same time listen to your body and if you feel you need a day or so off then have it.

Every couple of weeks i have a lazy week where i only go to the gym twice instead of 3/4 times as i feel the body does need a rest every now and then. Xx

Evening ladies :)

Haven't posted on here for a while, this new layout of the website annoyed me and has taken me a while to get used to it! Had my weigh in tonight and lost another 4lbs, which I am really pleased with. No better feeling than knowing all my hard work has paid off :D I am 3lbs away from getting my 2 and a half stone award. I bought myself a peach dress out of next the other day in a size 16 :eek: it fits perfectly as well! I am not confident enough yet to wear it without a pair of leggings though :eek:

Hope you all have a good Easter and don't eat too much chocolate! xx

Back