I will change my life!

Had a good day today and swimming later. Trying to make amends for tomorrow. Me and hubby have got a pass out for the night. Going to Leeds to see 'We will Rock you'.:happy036: I'm really excited, partly because it's a night away from my hooligans and it's very rare we get one of those, partly becasue I love queen, but mostly because 5 months ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of booking it becasue I probably wouldn't have fit in the seat.

I know it will be snug but can manage at my local theatre ok, so fingers crossed. Just got to avoid the pre show drinks and make sensible choices for the meal. Easier said than done lol:D

Hi, thank-you for that. I'm doing SW, not sure if you're familiar with it, (sorry if this is teaching grandmother to suck eggs) but basically there are three diet plans (I say diet but I don't see them like that, really it's just healthy eating). I do extra easy where you can eat unlimited fresh fruit/veg, unlimited pasta/potatos/rice (but not bread) unlimited lean meat/fish/eggs as well as fat free yoghurt/cottage cheese etc. You also have to have a certain amount of dairy/fibre. After that things are 'sinned', and you are allowed 5-15 sins a day. Basically, the diet is very low fat but doesn't restrict most carbs, nor meat so it's doesn't seem as faffy or difficult for me. I don't tend to count sins as I dont have that many. I might have a few a day but nothing like the upper limit so I don't bother to count them.

Anyway typical breakfasts tend to be things like weetabix and fruit or scrambled eggs, beans, bacon, mushrooms etc etc at the weekend.
For lunch I tend to have Jacket potatoes/salads/pasta/ etc etc.

Dinner tends to be some sort of lean meat/fish/pastry free quiche etc and tonnes of veg. Sometimes I might have a muller light youghurt, or sugar free jelly, depends how hungry I am.

Snacks tend to be fruit/fat free yoghurt.

Occasionally I'll have a couple of sweets but to be honest I'm not really craving anything.I think for me this works really well as it's not too far from what I was eating before just without the crap on top.

My son and Hubby are both allergic to wheat so all our food tends to be wheat free and pretty much cooked from scratch so nothing changed there.

The biggest changes I have made to my diet are as follows-

1- I've stopped eating bread completely. I don't even buy it anymore now. This also has made it easier to knock cheese on the head (my downfall). I could eat cheese until it came out my ears, and I'm honestly not missing it.

2- I make sure I try and eat protein at every meal and certainly more than I was before, I was very much a carb girl lol. Lunch dinner and cooked breakfasts are ok, when I have weetabix I tend to add some flaked almonds or similar to them etc. Protein makes you feel full longer so is really helpful.

3- When I'm hungry I eat, this will be fruit/fat free youghurt or something similar but I always eat when I'm hungry, otherwise your body thinks it's staving which can cause it to process fat differently which is counter-productive when trying to loose weight.

4- I've pretty much completely stopped drinking, I might have the odd glass of wine but thats about it. Even my trip to the pub on a Sunday has turned into a poitive things as I walk there and back (about 1 mile each way) and drink diet coke whilst I'm there.

4- Exercise, I've started going to gym once a week and swimming twice a week. I'm also walking loads more and really making a concious effort to exercise. Get a pedometer and try and do 10000 steps a day, it really makes you think about it.

Think thats it really, other than having a positive frame of mind. I don't see myself failing at this, it's just not going to happen. Sure I will fall off the wagon at some point but I'm in the right 'headspace' to know that it will be a temporary blip.

Gosh this has turned into and essay now, sorry hope it helps x

Thank you :) that was very helpful.. What I actually meant was could you type what you eat everyday like I do in my diary.. Hehe but you touched on some points I should start doing again so thank you for your detailed post :)

I started sw in march and lost 3 stones up until September.. Then had surgery and have put on 1/2 stone back because I was bed bound for about a month so back on it again.. Have another 8 stones so lose so i have a lonngggg way to go so it's always good to see how others are losing weight.

Ah I understand now.

Well this weekend has not been a particulaly normal weekend as we've been away but here goes.

B- Large bowl of fruit then cooked breakfast which consited of bacon, scrambled eggs, baked beans, mushrooms and banannas.
As we were at the hotel, I had no control over how stuff was cooked but at worse there will be some sins in the scrambled eggs (Milk), and possibly the bacon if fried (dont think so but not really sure), but I cut all the fat off.

L- uncles bens express rice, (2.5syns) peas/sweetcorn, ff cottage cheese and a teaspoon of seasame seeds (are synned but I've no idea how much)

I was then not feeling very well so ended up going to bed without any tea. I have got up later though and had an activia ff youghurt and an alpen light bar.

Will be back to normal tomorrow though.

feynman said:
Well, WI again and another 4lb off. 1lb more to go to 5 stone which is great. Had a good day generally but am really tired andf have had a headache all day which is not so good. Think I might get an early night.

Wow well done! X

Just checking in. Had a pretty good week, had more syns this week then normal including a slice of pizza and chips at work on Friday. In fairness though it was a free lunch and there was no other option, so I decided it was fine and I've just been careful on the other days.

Just been swimming again, and finally did 64 lengths, so have just swum a mile for the 1st time in my life. We've been trying to do it for a few weeks now but we always run out of time and they're chucking us out the pool, but we made it a bit earlier tonight so am well pleased.

WI tomorrow, so hoping it will be good, and am really looking forward to a weekend in Manchester. Will be my first girly weekend for more years than I can remember (cause I would never go before). Bit worried about all the alcohol though lol. Hope everyone is having a good week.

Thanks purple, Had a great wi another 5lbs off. Had a bit of a nightmare at group though as I feel really bad winning slimmer of the week every week so I asked the consultant to give it to the next person.
Didn't entirely go according to plan, and everyone said I had to take it. Felt a right plonker, so won't be doing that again. lol

Really looking forward to the weekend. I have no idea where we will be eating etc so am just going to go with it. I will have a drink on Saturday night and when we go out to eat, will try and make sensible choices, but intend to enjoy myself, so would be happy if I stay the same next week.

Just read all of your diary and want to congratulate you on your weight loss so far. You're doing so well (but I know you know that already!).

Hi! Just wanted to say well done, your diary has motivated me to really let the sw plan do its stuff! Your losses are fab! X

Back