I will change my life!

Aw thanks ladies, I find it really motivating to read peoples diaries. I think it will be nice to have something to look back at too, when I'm having a wobble (cause I know I will at some point lol). Anyway, had another good week. 5.5lbs down, guess all the swimming helped. I'm not really setting targets but had kind of thought it would be nice to loose 5 st by Christmas which I've now done. Still feeling really positive and still feeling like I can do this forever (which is good cause I know thats really what it comes down to). Anyway hope you're all doing well, it's always hard at this time of year isn't it?

You are a weight loss machine lol!!! I'm gonna get comfy on this diary and keep watching you get slinky and your posts are alwways so motivating - you really make it sound easy!!! I must get back to my swimming, I used to go with a friend but then she decided to stop and Ive been too nervous on my own but think I will try again in the new year. You are an inspiration!!!

:party0023:well done on your loss :)

you are doing so well with your weight loss. well done! I'm so jealous. I need a dose of your motivation. I originally joined in January and lost 21lbs. Stopped in April but have maintained since. Im lookin at going back to sw in January and try again. I don't have a sw buddy for motivation but Im gonna keep peeking at your diary to see how you are getting on and hopefully it'll spur me on too. Well done and thank you!! x

you are doing so well with your weight loss. well done! I'm so jealous. I need a dose of your motivation. I originally joined in January and lost 21lbs. Stopped in April but have maintained since. Im lookin at going back to sw in January and try again. I don't have a sw buddy for motivation but Im gonna keep peeking at your diary to see how you are getting on and hopefully it'll spur me on too. Well done and thank you!! x

I think the key for me is that I'm not seeing it as a diet. I'm seeing it as a new way of eating which I need to do forever. That really doesn't seem as daunting as it sounds as in my head its more about following a healthy eating regime, but accepting that there will be days when things go rubbish, but thats fine cause I can just carry on with my 'normal eating' the next day.
I have lost a lot of weight once before but I literally starved myself down to it, and I realise with hindsight that my problem was that I just thought I had to 'diet' for a while to lose weight and then could just go back to normal. Silly I know, but I never 'dealt with' my problem with food. I just stopped eating things for a while but always thought it was only a time limited thing, and that I'd be able to eat them again when I'd lost weight.

Consequently I put it all back on plus more, as you do and the thought of putting it back on is whats stopped me ever trying again.

Things are really different now though. I am totally in control, I'm not starving and I'm not stressing about every little thing I eat. Tonight for example I've had a couple of Yorkshire puddings, which I would never normally do, but it's fine, I'll just be careful tomorrow, no worries.

Last time I would have been having a nervious breakdown about eating them. Firstly I'd have agnoised for ages over eating them, then when I had I'd have felt guilty, then I'd just think, 'well I;ve blown it now' and stuff myself silly.

Anyway, have waffled on again and completly forgotten what I was trying to say lol.

You have done fantastically well if you've maintained since April, in my mind that is way harder than loosing weight, (Its the bit I've never managed to do!). Don't know if you mean sw buddy in real life or not but feel free to be my buddy on here. I'ts always nice to have others to help share the journey as it were.

Good luck and have a nice Christmas x

I think the key for me is that I'm not seeing it as a diet. I'm seeing it as a new way of eating which I need to do forever. That really doesn't seem as daunting as it sounds as in my head its more about following a healthy eating regime, but accepting that there will be days when things go rubbish, but thats fine cause I can just carry on with my 'normal eating' the next day.
I have lost a lot of weight once before but I literally starved myself down to it, and I realise with hindsight that my problem was that I just thought I had to 'diet' for a while to lose weight and then could just go back to normal. Silly I know, but I never 'dealt with' my problem with food. I just stopped eating things for a while but always thought it was only a time limited thing, and that I'd be able to eat them again when I'd lost weight.

Consequently I put it all back on plus more, as you do and the thought of putting it back on is whats stopped me ever trying again.

Things are really different now though. I am totally in control, I'm not starving and I'm not stressing about every little thing I eat. Tonight for example I've had a couple of Yorkshire puddings, which I would never normally do, but it's fine, I'll just be careful tomorrow, no worries.

Last time I would have been having a nervious breakdown about eating them. Firstly I'd have agnoised for ages over eating them, then when I had I'd have felt guilty, then I'd just think, 'well I;ve blown it now' and stuff myself silly.

Anyway, have waffled on again and completly forgotten what I was trying to say lol.

You have done fantastically well if you've maintained since April, in my mind that is way harder than loosing weight, (Its the bit I've never managed to do!). Don't know if you mean sw buddy in real life or not but feel free to be my buddy on here. I'ts always nice to have others to help share the journey as it were.

Good luck and have a nice Christmas x

Thats a great post for us all to read, a real insight into how its done!! My aim is to be as consistent as you now! x

feynman said:
Well, WI for me tonight and another 3 off. Got my 6 stone award tonight :D. Am aiming for a sts this week. My plan is to remain reasonably sensible but not deny myself to the point where I feel miserable. At the end of the day it's only two days! If I do go a bit mad then I'll be straight back on, the day after boxing day, so no worries. Feeling quite optomistic.

Well done! In doing the same as you, although u gave had a meal out tonight but been fairly good :)

6st is an amazing achievement! X

Thanks Jayde, I think it is just a case of allowing yourself a bit of slack for a couple of days and then getting back on it, rather then stressing about everything you eat then blowing it completely because you feel you've been bad. (At least this is what I used to do).
Your'e doing fab yourself, it feels good to knock off another stone doesn't it? By the way, how do you get the slimming world shinneys on your sig?
Thanks

feynman said:
Thanks Jayde, I think it is just a case of allowing yourself a bit of slack for a couple of days and then getting back on it, rather then stressing about everything you eat then blowing it completely because you feel you've been bad. (At least this is what I used to do).
Your'e doing fab yourself, it feels good to knock off another stone doesn't it? By the way, how do you get the slimming world shinneys on your sig?
Thanks

Thanks, my journey has been long and I'm hoping to speed things up a bit in 2012 and be more focussed! Your consistent big losses ate amazing!

To get the shineys I find someone's signature that has the one I want and copy and paste into my signature.

I feel bloody crap about eating cheesecake tonight which is ridiculous! Just want to be good until Christmas eve evening!

Well, have survived the Christmas festivities. Had a great time and ate and drank more than normal, but did not go mad. Would we really happy with a sts this week (or a small gain). Weigh in tomorrow so we'll see. Am finding it harder to get back on track than I expected though. It's almost like once you've had a taste for the 'bad stuff' it's almost like weaning yourself off it again lol. Anyway, had a really long walk today with the days, and am swimming again tomorrow after wi. Felt really good to have a nice top several sizes smaller on Christmas day but even better to get into an old top on boxing day that I have;nt been able to wear for ages. I keep thinking about that when the kids sweets beckon. Hope you've all had a really great Christmas folks and have done too much damage. Onwards and upwards lol

feynman said:
Well went to WI tonight and have lost 2.5lb, which is ace as I really wasn't expecting it and would have been happy to sts, but I'll take it lol. Just getting ready to go swimming but may have a glass or two of red when I get back in. Feel like I'm getting back to normal.

Well done really good loss :) when I get back to class next Monday in hoping to have undone some of my damage but I've enjoyed it! Totally understand what you mean about weaning off the naughty food! I'm having sw meals but have still had some of the treats! Think I'm going to take what is left into work tomorrow and let other people gain weight! X x

That sounds like a great idea. I've off loaded some nuts and biscuits already lol. It's a bit weird how you feel like you need to 'wean off the treats' again. It's almost like having a cigarette after stopping smoking (although not quite that bad). When I keep getting sweet cravings I'm eating melon which is working for me well at the minute. I haven't really had any cravings though for ages, and I'm sure its to do with having a more stable blood sugar (well I think I did have until Christmas anyway), hopefully it will settle down again.

feynman said:
Thanks Roziee, I'm just hoping I don't get a delayed response, and it bite me on the arse next week, so to speak. Just been swimming again though and done another mile, so hopefully will be able to minimise any New Year discrepencies lol

Well donr on the swimming, I'm.going to do more this coming year. Don't worry about the next wi you are doing all the right things and making healthy lifestyle decisions. Good idea about the melon, may try that. I'm.really struggling to get back on plan, my meals are ok but still got treats in the cupboard. Gonna just get rid!

I tend to put stuff out in the garage if it's a real temptation, as I usually can't be bothered to trek outside to get it.
Had a good day today, no major food mess ups, (Although I did make buns with my son this afternoon which lead to so bowl licking lol but not too bad). I've been swimming again and got another mile in tonight and had a good half hour on just dance on the wii last night, so am trying to get in more exercise even when I've not got any planned if you see what I mean.
Had a bit of a crap shopping trip though. I tried on some tops in a shop and although I was getting several sizes smaller than I was a few months ago, I still felt I looked awful. I know comparativly I must look better because people are telling me, but I'm still struggling to see it. If fact sometimes I think I look worse than I did before? I'm wondering if it's becasue I'm starting to be a bit more bothered about my apperance now, so I'm looking in the mirror more etc? Does anyone else feel like this? or am I just being a bit weird, lol?

I tend to put stuff out in the garage if it's a real temptation, as I usually can't be bothered to trek outside to get it.
Had a good day today, no major food mess ups, (Although I did make buns with my son this afternoon which lead to so bowl licking lol but not too bad). I've been swimming again and got another mile in tonight and had a good half hour on just dance on the wii last night, so am trying to get in more exercise even when I've not got any planned if you see what I mean.
Had a bit of a crap shopping trip though. I tried on some tops in a shop and although I was getting several sizes smaller than I was a few months ago, I still felt I looked awful. I know comparativly I must look better because people are telling me, but I'm still struggling to see it. If fact sometimes I think I look worse than I did before? I'm wondering if it's becasue I'm starting to be a bit more bothered about my apperance now, so I'm looking in the mirror more etc? Does anyone else feel like this? or am I just being a bit weird, lol?

Hello, sorry to hear about the shopping trip.... I don't really know what to say but to just look at all the weight you've lost and how far you've came, you should be very very proud of everything you've achieved. Even though you think you look worse, it's obvious other people are noticing which is always a great compliment!!! :) Hope you feel alot better soon xx

Back