I WILL do this!

Lula-Mae

I think I need to start a diary for me to succeed, so I can turn around in moments of weakness and see my high and low points on my weight loss journey. So how did it all start?
At the age of 20 I met my (now) husband and was 10stone and 3lbs after a successful 2 stone loss with Slimming World. Of course, I'd met my soulmate and not long after I was contented. Over the years I piled on the pounds, and the pounds turned into multiple stones. I tried getting back onto Slimming World - several times! But it just didn't click with me again. So I turned to Cambridge and did so well Sole Sourcing but the cravings for food kicked in, and instead of turning to ss+ or the 810 plan, I went all out having pizza, Chinese, kebabs. You name it, I had it.

I now sit here aged 25 at a whopping 17stone 10lbs :eek: Wow... I only realised I was this big when my size 22 trousers no longer fitted. :(

So I knew SW and CD were not the answers for me so one day I stumbled across a website who mentioned Slim and Save. It wasn't a diet I'd heard of so I was skeptical. I started reading and saw that there were meal packs as an option. Wow - we didn't have anything like that on CD! So the 3 meal packs PLUS 100g protein, PLUS 200g veg, PLUS 150ml skimmed milk - it sounded like a winner for me!

Yesterday was Day 1. I had a CD tetra that was left over from my last failed attempt so I had that first then in the afternoon I had 100g mushrooms and 100g chicken, and waited patiently for my delivery of S&S products. Quite typically I had the last delivery slot of the day so I was ravenous by the time my products arrived.

As per a recommendation on here when I asked what I should try first I sampled the Milk Chocolate truffa bar - divine! Although the bars are a lot smaller than CD, but that one tasted a million times better! I started getting a headache at about 4pm and knew from my CD days that this was a side effect. I plodded on, glugging back the water with determination that I was NOT going to let this diet be on the ever growing list of failed attempts. Next I made the spaghetti bolognese with my remaining 100g veg allowance which was mushrooms again. This was also a winner, I really enjoyed it. I had an early night last night (like 8pm!) to try and shift my headache for the morning.

I WILL do this. Ketosis fairy - please come soon!

Hiya Lula-Mae :) well done for finding S&S its excellent and really works well. Make sure you keep having plenty of fluids :) that's key for me with this diet. Keep strong and keep posting x x x

I really enjoyed that read hun...

I am so excited to start slim & save I cant believe I havent seen it before

Good luck you can do it xx

Hiya Lula-Mae :) well done for finding S&S its excellent and really works well. Make sure you keep having plenty of fluids :) that's key for me with this diet. Keep strong and keep posting x x x

Thanks for your support. For once a diet feels do-able for me so I'm feeling really positive about it. I've just been reading your diary too. Keep it coming :D

I really enjoyed that read hun...

I am so excited to start slim & save I cant believe I havent seen it before

Good luck you can do it xx

Wow you're such an inspiration with your losses to date. I hope I can be as successful as you have been so far with your weight loss journey, well done! You look FAB!! We can do it! xx

Day 2

Ok so I'm on day 2 and I'm feeling surprisingly OK! I started the day off with a lemon and white chocolate bar which was really tasty - i'll be ordering those again!

At lunch I decided to try out the macaroni and cheese and steamed some broccoli to go with it - very nice but I will probably not put as much water in next time. My mum came over while I was in the middle of eating lunch and she thought it was a cheese and broccoli soup :rolleyes:

I've tried to keep the fact that I am trying to diet away from my mum as in the past she hasn't exactly been supportive on the subject and has frequently rolled her eyes and made thoughtless comments. She went into the kitchen to put something in the bin and asked "who is doing Slim & Save?" :eek: my DH had left the cooking instructions and our ordered items on the front of the fridge :eek: Mam, the nosey cow that she is, decided to go and have a read. I made out that it was for DH and no more was said about the subject.... Until this evening when she phoned. She told me she was upset that I felt I couldn't talk to her or be honest about me trying to diet and that she would support me. I must admit, I didn't see that coming due to past experience. So...the cat is well and truly out of the bag. Guess I won't have to sneak around or make excuses for not eating in her house :cool:

I've just had my tea. I steamed 100g chicken and 100g mushrooms (can you tell I really love mushrooms?) and made up a mushroom pasta pack. OMG YUM!!! I'm quite full now and will happily eat it again.

I've drunk loads of water today - 3 litres plain, a cup of coffee, plus whatever went in packs. I've been super thirsty today for some reason! Had a little bit of a headache at about 6pm but I took some Advil and I'm right as rain now ;)

Tomorrow/Friday is going to be a little bit tricky. I have to go into London tomorrow afternoon, spend the night, and then work all day there Friday before heading home to Swansea at 5pm meaning I won't get home until late :sigh:
Luckily, I still have some CD tetras left over so the plan is to have a bar at 10am, all my chicken and veg and a meal pack just before I leave at 2pm and take a tetra with me for the evening. Then the next day i will have a tetra mid morning, a bar at lunch, a tetra just before leaving London, and then some chicken and veg for when I get home. I know its not ideal using CD products but needs must at the moment. I wish S&S did tetras, they are so convenient for when you are on the go.

Ah well, thats enough rambling on from me for today - I've sent DH to Tesco to grab some chicken, mushrooms, cauliflower and chilli powder so waiting for him to get back. Dying to try out that cauliflower rice I've been hearing about. I actually hate cauliflower but willing to give it a go - does anyone know if it tastes very cauliflowery-ish?

Great idea using the tetras hun. Least you have a plan

All sounds very positive. Cant wait to try the cauliflower rice either :) xx

I've also found that when I went to my Aunts funeral I grabbed some special k bars as they are only 88cals and didn't affect my losses. Wouldn't recommend them all the time but on days when ur stuck they do work a treat. Also you could have a salad out at a pub which I did and still lost :) so you can use the diet properly but adapt it when ur on the go and have no choice. Well done on ur loss btw :) x x x

Day 3

I didn't bank on posting an update today as I'm in London tonight and tomorrow but I've managed to get 30mins free wi-fi from the hotel so I'd better get cracking :D

Feeling pretty good again today and I'm pleased to report that I have had no headaches today. So eats-wise I started the day with a chocolate and almond bar. Hmmm...not one of my favourite flavours but it was OK and still a lot better than the CD bars I've been used to. I don't think I'd order it again though. For lunch I decided to try the chilli with 200g mushrooms (again lol!) and 100g chicken as I don't have access to cooking facilities this evening. Normally i'd like to have 100g veg at lunch then 100g at tea but needs must :) Chilli was GOOOOOOOD! I prefer the bolognese but chilli is definitely on the list of products to re-order. I felt so full after eating all the veg chicken and the chilli though ;)
Popped my multi-vitamin before I left for the train station and have guzzled 2 litres of water so far, and the night is young.

I won't lie, I've been put up in a really swish hotel with a brasserie inside it, it would be so easy to order a steak or grab some room service, but I am so determined to be successful. This is MY time! I ain't chucking it away for a lousy bit of steak (even if it is filet) and I will soon be slurping away at a CD banana tetra which is my leftover CD supply.

What else.... oooh I had the train journey from hell. Reserved my seat which was an aisle seat on a table, when I got there, there were 3 other people (a family) on the table - not ideal at off peak time but fine. Was hoping to get my laptop out and do some work but the table was taken up by their luggage, lunch, and the kids colouring book :mad:
Not only that, but this was the quiet carriage. Yes...QUIET carriage but yet the kid screamed all the way to Paddington and the mum and grandma kept gassing to each other. Needless to say, I moved seats. FAR away to a seat which didn't have a table. I remember now why I don't 'do' public transport :rolleyes:

Anyways, I am just waiting for my bathroom robe to arrive so I plan on having a nice bath, relaxing and reading my kindle tonight. A whole bed to myself - bliss! :p

Just read your diary and you sound really motivated. I started at around the same weight as you and am just over 11 stone now. I just wanted to wish you luck and say that it's so so worth it. You will feel fabulous at goal and that feeling is definitely worth sticking it out during the difficult times for.

Just read your diary and you sound really motivated. I started at around the same weight as you and am just over 11 stone now. I just wanted to wish you luck and say that it's so so worth it. You will feel fabulous at goal and that feeling is definitely worth sticking it out during the difficult times for.

Wow, you've done so well! Really nice to hear from people who have been a similar weight to me who have actually lost the weight. Such an inspiration to me :) You are so close to goal!! You can do it! xx

Day 4 & Day 5

Ok so I know I skipped day 4, but my train home from London got delayed and I was shattered by the time I got home. Yesterday was the worst day for me on S&S - being away from home, away from your fridge and microwave is a total nightmare. But..I stuck to my plan and didn't eat anything I shouldn't :) Only problem was the water supply - I stuck to Coke Zero all day as water wasn't readily available where I was :( Ooooh, also I HATE dark chocolate so made a point of not ordering any dark chocolate bars. When I pulled out my bar I noticed on the silver pack it had the word 'dark' printed on it, but the white label said 'milk' - was so disappointed when I bit into it and found it to be dark chocolate. I forced it down but really did not enjoy it. I hope this isn't a common occurrence with the S&S Truffas.

I decided against a second CD tetra on the train home and waited until I got home to have my chicken, veg and meal pack (mushroom pasta). My DH offered to make it for me so I could sit down and relax so I gave him all the cooking instructions etc and told him what I wanted:- 100g chicken, 100g mushrooms and 100g broccoli with the mushroom pasta. It arrived in a big bowl and when I saw it my heart sank. He used cauliflower instead of broccoli :mad: I bought the cauliflower to try and make cauliflower rice, as I don't like cauliflower and I've been led to believe the taste isn't as strong when you make the 'rice.' I asked him where the broccoli was and he pointed to the cauliflower so I ask "Since when has broccoli been white then?" and he looked confused :confused: I give up... LOL. So I sat there searching the bowl, pulling out all the cauliflower I could find - which is difficult when its in the mushroom pasta sauce!! Finally I got to eat it ;)

So today I woke up, went to the loo etc and decided to be naughty and take a peek at the scales. I wish I hadn't to be honest :( In 5 days I've lost 3.5lbs. Now I know I should be happy, but having been on CD several times before, I was expecting more of a loss in my first week. I'm not quite sure if the Coke Zero has caused me problems, or whether I'm being silly and should think that more will come off in the next 2 days for my first weigh in. I feel bummed. But nevertheless, I will continue, as it's going in the right direction, albeit SLOW!!

I've had a lemon bar this morning and a coffee from my Nespresso machine - how I've lived prior to having that machine I will never know, its a godsend. I plan on experienting this afternoon. You may have seen another thread I started about if people could Zoku their shakes (google zoku if you're not sure what it is) and make them into ice lollies in 8 minutes. No-one seems to have tried it yet so I shall be the first reporter - really hope it works as it will make it seem more summery lol. I'm thinking of trying a cookies and cream flavour one, as I quite fancy the 'bits' lol.

I fancy some spaghetti bolognese today so will probably make some broccoli to go with it which I will make myself due to DHs last failed attempt ;)

hey Lula your diary's a great read ..my eyes filled up when your mum rang you lol
Dont be down at your loss so far, it realy is the bigger picture you need to look at...actualy seeing a diet thru and how those losses (good and bad ) add up over the weeks.
Stay positive and have a great day x

Yes, definitely do not get disheartened in 5 days. You need to look at the weight loss as a whole, not individual weeks, or part weeks, and it'll soon start to add up. If I'd got disheartened every time I had a slow week I'd have never lost the weight.

I don't recall anyone mentioning Zuko on here and I've never heard of it :). Also, S&S customer service is very good so if they've sent you dark chocolate bars instead of milk contact them and they'll sort things out.

hey Lula your diary's a great read ..my eyes filled up when your mum rang you lol
Dont be down at your loss so far, it realy is the bigger picture you need to look at...actualy seeing a diet thru and how those losses (good and bad ) add up over the weeks.
Stay positive and have a great day x

Aww thank you - I'm so glad you're enjoying and are reading along :) Thanks for the words of wisdom :)

Yes, definitely do not get disheartened in 5 days. You need to look at the weight loss as a whole, not individual weeks, or part weeks, and it'll soon start to add up. If I'd got disheartened every time I had a slow week I'd have never lost the weight.

I don't recall anyone mentioning Zuko on here and I've never heard of it :). Also, S&S customer service is very good so if they've sent you dark chocolate bars instead of milk contact them and they'll sort things out.

How did you miss the Zoku thread when it's on the first page of S&S? :D It's here:
http://www.minimins.com/slim-save/283154-zoku-your-shakes.html

Yeah I know what you mean about not getting disheartened. I guess I'm so used to having a big loss on week 1 that usually spurs me on, but now I'm not seeing big number its like "Whoa....' lol.

Back