I will do this...

Hey, just thought I'd stick my nose in too,

I agree with almost everything you have said great, apart from sticking to this for Christmas, Susan has done fab and a few days off which she has planned for a long while should be fine....as long as you are strict with yourself a little break is ok, if not even for the social aspect of sharing Christmas with the family, but also because promising yourself a little break and then not having one will make you feel deprived and you could end up falling off the wagon anyway and making it it worse in the long run.

I'm sure that if you set your break strictly and make sure that you don't have any longer than your allowed yourself then you will be fine xxx

Thanks just my opinion thou chick, you know yourself and your own body and I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you xx

Hi Greta, and thanks for your post and thoughts. You have made some excellent points and I agree with so much of it... I have also done this, whole heartedly without cheating and it's b!oody hard... If this was a normal year, I.e. Christmas then I would just continue ssing... However I have a two week holiday booked. It's been booked for over a year and has cost me thousands! I will not take CD products with me, however like you said I would hate to throw in the towel and I don't want to undo all my hard work... I think I will plan my maintenance and view these two weeks as maintenance! I will try and use my thin mind and not pretend to be a kid in a sweetie shop!

I imagine Christmas will be hard, especially as I'm away for two weeks, but I think with thought and careful planning I can enjoy my holiday but also take care of me...

Trust me, one back I plan to get straight on this and WILL NOT book another holiday till I get to goal!

Now I need to read up on your diary for loads of maintenance tips! I think your the only one on here who does it, and it's so important, it's what were all wanting to achieve and keep too...

starry*eyed<3 said:
Hey, just thought I'd stick my nose in too,

I agree with almost everything you have said great, apart from sticking to this for Christmas, Susan has done fab and a few days off which she has planned for a long while should be fine....as long as you are strict with yourself a little break is ok, if not even for the social aspect of sharing Christmas with the family, but also because promising yourself a little break and then not having one will make you feel deprived and you could end up falling off the wagon anyway and making it it worse in the long run.

I'm sure that if you set your break strictly and make sure that you don't have any longer than your allowed yourself then you will be fine xxx

Thanks just my opinion thou chick, you know yourself and your own body and I'm sure you'll make the right choice for you xx

Hiya starry, feel free to pike you're noise in, all comments gratefully received :)

as you can see from my last past, I an planning the holiday without CD, but going too try and see or as maintenance! I plan to get straight back on this when home and hope you'll help give me a kick in the right direction too!

what are you planning to do about your holiday in a few weeks time?

How's it all going?

Hmm, the holiday could be tricky.

I suppose the way round it is to apply some s hit hot maintenance tips and damage limitation without depriving yourself too much. Maybe try and aim to eat just three times a day, no snacks and limited or no alcohol? Plus walking/swimming if that's possible where you are going. Oh and as few a carbs as possible.

Be careful re the alcohol thing. I had a night out towards the end of SS ing. I'd been on it for weeks without a blip and was 10 stone ish. I drank maybe 3 glasses of wine. I was so, SO sick it was unbelievable. Literally puking over my bed as I literally couldn't stand up to make the toilet. Put it like this, it was a long night :D And recovery took days and days. Felt like I'd been poisoned!

You may even find that you lose weight you know? I did when I stopped SS ing so there is no reason not to at all.

You seem really focussed and determined. I have no doubt that you'll make it

GretaGrip said:
Hmm, the holiday could be tricky.

I suppose the way round it is to apply some s hit hot maintenance tips and damage limitation without depriving yourself too much. Maybe try and aim to eat just three times a day, no snacks and limited or no alcohol? Plus walking/swimming if that's possible where you are going. Oh and as few a carbs as possible.

Be careful re the alcohol thing. I had a night out towards the end of SS ing. I'd been on it for weeks without a blip and was 10 stone ish. I drank maybe 3 glasses of wine. I was so, SO sick it was unbelievable. Literally puking over my bed as I literally couldn't stand up to make the toilet. Put it like this, it was a long night :D And recovery took days and days. Felt like I'd been poisoned!

You may even find that you lose weight you know? I did when I stopped SS ing so there is no reason not to at all.

You seem really focussed and determined. I have no doubt that you'll make it

I hope I'll make it! :)

My mum is supporting me on this, as are my kids and I reckon they probably be watching everything I eat the whole holiday!

Were of to Egypt, it's an all inclusive, but on the other hand it's buffet style mostly so that should make it easier! I hope!

I was thinking of going with poached eggs for breakie, but imagine toast everyday isn't the way to go, so not sure what to have with it.... Lunch I wad thinking of sticking to meat if possible, and dinner just tiny amounts... My stomach must have shrunk during the last few weeks so I'm hoping that will help!

Also I'm not a drinker, I may have one xmas day, once I've had done food in my system, your reaction sounds horrid and so doesn't appeal, especially when I'm not a big drinker! They do a lot of cocktails there but there made with fruit juice which I imagine I'd full of sugars!

Thankfully I can get bottled water, and if you wants sweets there extortionate, so that doesn't appeal... Often 2 out 3 quid for the equivalent of a twirl bar!

Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated... It's always a little harder when you can't rely on buying and cooking your own stuff!

It would be amazing to lose weight there, probably unlikely... I went once years ago and gained a stone in one week! :-(

Annoying things aren't they haha- sometimes I read back and I laugh at how some of my spelling has been auto corrected ha for some reason mine doesn't want to let me type I haha !!

Try and not worry about your hols too much, it's only a one off, I reckon if yo stick to protein in the buffets you'll be fine...

Poached or boiled eggs or omelettes ( if its buffet you can ask for no oil in the pan with your omelette )for brekkie, chicken, cooked meats and salads for dinner and tea and then occasional deserts and you'll be fine I reckon, yo have done so so well and you deserve to enjoy your holidays... It's all about moderation, you have proved how well you can do on this diet - and that moderation to the bloody extreme haha so I know you will be fine :)

I'm planning on doing the above but to be honest I'm going to allow myself treats while I'm there, maybe like 1 desert a day or an ice cream when I'm sun bathing... I'm not gonna go mad but I'm going to enjoy myself too, it's a holiday and everyone deserves time to relax and enjoy themselves a bit - especially you :) xxx

starry*eyed<3 said:
Annoying things aren't they haha- sometimes I read back and I laugh at how some of my spelling has been auto corrected ha for some reason mine doesn't want to let me type I haha !!

Try and not worry about your hols too much, it's only a one off, I reckon if yo stick to protein in the buffets you'll be fine...

Poached or boiled eggs or omelettes ( if its buffet you can ask for no oil in the pan with your omelette )for brekkie, chicken, cooked meats and salads for dinner and tea and then occasional deserts and you'll be fine I reckon, yo have done so so well and you deserve to enjoy your holidays... It's all about moderation, you have proved how well you can do on this diet - and that moderation to the bloody extreme haha so I know you will be fine :)

I'm planning on doing the above but to be honest I'm going to allow myself treats while I'm there, maybe like 1 desert a day or an ice cream when I'm sun bathing... I'm not gonna go mad but I'm going to enjoy myself too, it's a holiday and everyone deserves time to relax and enjoy themselves a bit Xxx

I worry about my phones typing... It comes out with dodgy stuff, if I write chocolate, it always wired the word cocksure! And if I write the wood post, I usually get pussy! I honestly don't know where it got these words from, but I have to be do careful when I type! I regularly write about a choc mint shake, and if it change my text people will really wonder what I'm up to!!!!

Stupid phones and Swype typing!

Anyway........ Yeah I'm planning to try and keep to protein.. Prolly not bother with desserts, there often not great out there!

I had wondered if I should cut a meal each day too but I don't know if that's a good or bad idea ???

Haha mmm cocksure mint haha :) the newest cambridge flavour...

You could miss a meal, maybe lunch as if its hot yo may find it easier to not eat, I often miss lunch when im on holidays as if I get too hot don't fancy eating much, or you could just have a plain salad?

Ooh are you gettin excited ? Have you solved the clothes issue yet? Xxx

I've just come back from holiday (1 week). Just had my weigh in and put on 1 lb. I'm not at all disappointed with this because I didn't deprive myself on holiday, just controlled myself! I didn't over eat, avoided alcohol (I had some, but not a lot). Breakfast was scrambled eggs, 1 small slice of toast, cooked tomato and a bit of bacon! I tried to avoid lunch, then at dinner has chicken/fish options, loads of veg (I'm sure they were cooked in butter!) and I did eat some potato or rice. I ignored the chips! I certainly don't feel like I missed out and perhaps if I had resisted a couple of bowls of ice cream I would've stayed the same or even lost weight!

I have been back 2 days and have forced myself back on track!

Sounds fab Sarah, eating well but being balanced, well done n the 1lb that's great :)

I'm going to aim to eat like you have just described above :) xx

Haha, not sure what Cambridge will think of the new flavour! Lol!

Sarah, WOW! that sounds amazing... You've done fabulous to go on holiday, eat and only gain 1 lb! You should be so proud of yourself!

Has it been hard getting back on track?

I am really pleased! It hasn't been awful getting back on track, but I am having to tell myself "No" a lot! Tonight I have had a spinach omelette for dinner, but I did manage to ignore the voice telling me to buy a sandwich and crisps - so I consider this a massive achievement!

There is no way I would be able to sole source or even SS+ on holiday, so I just thought as long as I don't do a usual Sarah and pig out constantly I would be ok! I tried to think like a slim person, I never over ate so I never felt uncomfortably full. I weighed myself every day so that I was always aware of what I was doing, trying to make myself accountable for what I ate! And I made a bit more effort with walking and swimming (walking to a shop and carrying back 3l of water helps!)
Overall, the fear of how hard I thought it would be to get back on the shakes stopped me from over indulging. This diet is too hard to just give up on - so I didn't want to undo the hard work I had already done!

Sounds like you got the balance perfectly right Sarah :)

How's the day been today guys ?? Xx

Sarah, you've done amazing! Sounds like you had a fab holiday and made superb choices! And ferrying straight back on CD is fab... How you finding it now?

How's everyone's weeks going?

Thank you! So far so good, I'm alternating between SS and SS+ . My own scales are showing about 4lbs down so far this week but I don't weigh in until Wednesday!

How are you doing? x

Sounds like your doing fab... I worry about getting back on track after my hols! Hopefully, I'll do as well as you!

I'm doing good, I weigh in Monday pm, hope I might reach my 2.5 stone, but well wait to see what happens... I know I stick to this, but the scales well do what they want ago I shall wait and see... Clothes are getting far looser though, so I know it's working! :)

You upto much this weekend?

Bet all your clothes are falling down :) whoop :D

Can't wait to find out about your losses on Monday :) any plans for weekend Hun? I'm being boring and not dong very much, just gong to clean the house order a few Christmas pressies online and that's about it.... Xx

Some ate certainly falling, but I worried the wardrobe the other day and got rid of the sacks of clothes and have now filled the wardrobe with smaller clothes from the old days... Some fit, some may take a week our so, but it's all good!

I also cannot wait to weigh in on Monday... Am hoping I may hit my 2.5 done mark, but trying to take out in my stride, I know I'm losing, as per my clothes, so will just see how it goes...

I'm hoping to do nothing tomorrow, hopefully a lie in, then maybe xbox and a movie... Just fancy a family day :)

I've also been cleaning today and have to do the floors tomorrow... :-( this weather does not help keep floors clean... Also with kids, there always seems to be a mountain of clothes to wash... I'm not sure what they do with them! Trying to getting the being done today... Can't wait to go to bed tonight, I love sleeping in freshly washed bedding :)

Xx

I changed my bedding too last night, it's so nice to have a bath, get fresh Jammies on and get into a lovely fresh bed :D lush :)

Enjoy your x box day Hun :) xx

Back