I will not stay overweight this year!

Teeyore

Oh I'm biting my finger nails, have just called a CDC and left a mesage to call me back with regards to starting (i have agonized over this for the past month! As scared I'll fail) but now is the time.....

Goals this year:
* Lose 3-4 stone
* Learn to drive
* Get finances in order

This is not a lot, but between lack of confidence in myself and depression I have never got these things done.....

I will achieve something this year!

Don't be scared - you have nothing to lose (except weight) and so much to gain. Go into it with your eyes wide open. The first few days will probably be tough. But after that many, if not most people find it the easiest, quickest diet they've ever done.

No, scared is not the thing here... be excited! You are about to turn your whole life around!

Your right! I am rather excited - wish the CDC would call me back! Oh I am feeling very positive!

Good luck to you hun, I know you feel! I work by small goals too, my first stone, second stone etc. Its all an amazing achievement and will boost your confidence immesely!
Let us know how you get on with the CDC :)

I wiil do! cross your fingers for me that he calls today, i want to get started asap!

Took me about 3 days to heard back from a CDC! I emailed everyone in my area and the lady who finally got back to me was the furthest away but she's lovely thou :)

Im trying this one as he comes out to my friend in the same village as me and she says he's good, i emailed him before xmas for some advice etc and he always answered but this week he is hard to get hold of lol - typical!

Sounds good that you already know him a little bit before you start :)

There are no male CDCs anywhere near me, how odd!

been chatting with my mate thats already on cambridge and she was saying she did a preparation week where she cut out sugar and carbs etc, but she said its my choice if i do it..... so..... to do or not to do?

been chatting with my mate thats already on cambridge and she was saying she did a preparation week where she cut out sugar and carbs etc, but she said its my choice if i do it..... so..... to do or not to do?

I recommend it to everyone! It REALLY helps, you will get alot less cravings and won't feel so hungry in the beginning

thanx krissykat, still havnt heard from the CDC! maybe tomorrow..... anyway will keep you posted lol

Well done for taking the plunge. It's a great diet with great results. Hope the CDC comes back to you soon. x

Good Luck with your journey. I am the worst person for dieting and it took me about a month to ponder over if I should do it. I'm so glad I took the plunge, I feel great!! I'm only on day 3 but normally I would cheat on day 1 ! This forum is fab for support too xx

Aw thanx ladies, your all so great x

Any word from CDC yet? xx

not yet..... wish he'd hurry up im feeling so ready to go for it and im being held up! lol how inconsiderate of him lol

Well done for making the call!!

I called the CDC a month before I started so I had a month to build myself up, and also to cut down a little bit on food.

So even though you are getting frustrated that he hasn't called, at least all this time you are preparing yourself to start the diet - so when you finally do meet him you will be raring to start the diet.

I also recommend cutting down a week before starting, I did, and I must say the first week for me hasn't been all that bad. Of course the first couple of days are a big adjustment, but if you can do it without the withdrawal headaches etc then it makes it much easier :)

But well done for committing to making the change. Can't wait to start hearing about your weight loss journey.

Beth xxx

you are all such wonderful positive people, makes me more excited about starting, thank you so much x

Good luck - good idea about the prep week. You can do that while you are waiting for his call :)
I didnt do it but I should imagine it helps! I had xmas off and am now back on day 2 i have had no cravings and am not hungry so its not so bad! I cant stick to diets either so its a good sign as i started end of october and am still going :)

I HAD THE CALL! Yay! So excited! The counsellor was fully booked but his wife is also a CDC so she is coming tomorrow night :D

Back