I will Win!!! My most successful diet yet...

siany71

I have decided after dieting and battling with my weight all my life, that this time I'm going to win!

I remember going on my first diet at about 9 or 10. I was chunky all through school and hated it. I lost some in my early 20's. It changed my life but was so hard to maintain.
I felt fantastic but put on 3 stone in my 1st pregnancy. I lost it all again though but over the next 5 years put some back on. When my second pregnancy came to term I had put on 6 stone.

I struggled for some years to lose it but by on/off dieting I was @3 stone less when I got pregnant again at 38. I tried to do SW while pregnant, but one week gained 8lb and the leader was clearly very annoyed at the numbers ... so I gave up!!

When the baby came in dec 2009, I was 17 stone again. During the following year I did every type of diet. The most I lost was a stone. My relationship broke in april 2011 and was my motivation to really get my health back.

So, I was approaching 40 a single mum with 3 kids, a full time job and a house to run. I had been having pain in my joints and was no longer able to wear high heels for more than half an hour cos it hurt so much. I hated my clothes, nothing fashionable, unless uncomfortable and knew I looked terrible. I saw photos from a holiday the previous year (although I had avoided cameras) and my appearance had really distressed me... especially as I had thought I looked good on the day the pics were taken!!

So, I joined WW online. I was 16 stone 9lb. I missed going to meetings but just wasnt possible with the kids. Over the next few months I got down to 13 stone 7lb. But I found that everytime I wanted to fill in the food 'points' tracker, the site froze or took hours to save the info so I stopped filling it in. Christmas came and the meals out, work 'do's', sweets in the office etc took their toll. When my little girl fell asleep on my lap (she is just 2) I really struggled to carry her upstairs. Something had to change ... and quick before all the weight went back on.

So, in January a friend mentioned she had done Lipotrim. I looked it up and found the blog of an amazing girl on this site.
It was so inspiring I spent a whole day reading through posts & blogs!!
On Tuesday 17th January I went into the chemist and so started this journey.....

Day 1 14 stone 1lb.
OMG this drink is disgusting. Have got chocolate, vanilla and Chicken soup.
Made the chocolate - was freezing at work and had read its better hot so made it that way. Struggled to get it down. Same with cold vanilla at lunch. Whilst having the soup at dinner, friend called. She mentioned 240ml per drink... then I realised I'd been following the mens instructions and adding 450ml. No wonder its so vile.
I have just managed 2 litres of water plus endless cups black coffee.
Have been to the loo at least 10 times today. I swear my colleagues think I have a bladder problem!!
Still got through day 1.
Hooray.

Awww hun, what a fantastic start to your diary, so nice that you found the inspiration to start Lipotrim on here as well... I sincerely hope you do really well as you deserve it! And well done on day 1 :D try the vanilla with coffee, and the choc with coffee, choca mocha, also try it with mint tea hot or cold its lovely... the soup is nice I think, but I`m having a break from it as was starting to want to add stuff to it for variation and we really shouldnt but some do without any affects. Hope those tips help... Well done you !! :D L xx

Lovely Diary start hun x I luv the chocolate made hot now...but i mix it with hot water in a blender and make it frothy...goes down much easier!!!!

Good Luck with your journey and remember there is always someone here to listen/pick you up and offer advice should you need it xx

Thanks guys!! just completed day 3. I know tomorrow will be difficult, its the weekend so will be out and about and the water drinking wont be easy. Got a kids party & mates birthday in the evening. Wish i could avoid it altogether tbh but cant cos promised and the kids are looking forward to it.:sigh:
Determined though and know my friend wont try and persude me to break it as she's done LT herself before and knows how tough it can be. I refuse to cheat the first week.
Still going loo 50 times a day... must be all the water!!
Heres a question... when it says 2 litres water a day to max of 4 litres, does this include coffee/tea? cos i drink about 10 cups a day which must be at least another litre on top!

Teas yes but coffee no... :confused: dont ask me why though sorry chick... Do you drink normal tea or peppermint or both? I treat peppermint teas as my "normal" drinks now and coffee as a "treat" drink Daft maybe but it gets me through lol :D
L xxx

I have decided after dieting and battling with my weight all my life, that this time I'm going to win!

I remember going on my first diet at about 9 or 10. I was chunky all through school and hated it. I lost some in my early 20's. It changed my life but was so hard to maintain.
I felt fantastic but put on 3 stone in my 1st pregnancy. I lost it all again though but over the next 5 years put some back on. When my second pregnancy came to term I had put on 6 stone.

I struggled for some years to lose it but by on/off dieting I was @3 stone less when I got pregnant again at 38. I tried to do SW while pregnant, but one week gained 8lb and the leader was clearly very annoyed at the numbers ... so I gave up!!

When the baby came in dec 2009, I was 17 stone again. During the following year I did every type of diet. The most I lost was a stone. My relationship broke in april 2011 and was my motivation to really get my health back.

So, I was approaching 40 a single mum with 3 kids, a full time job and a house to run. I had been having pain in my joints and was no longer able to wear high heels for more than half an hour cos it hurt so much. I hated my clothes, nothing fashionable, unless uncomfortable and knew I looked terrible. I saw photos from a holiday the previous year (although I had avoided cameras) and my appearance had really distressed me... especially as I had thought I looked good on the day the pics were taken!!

So, I joined WW online. I was 16 stone 9lb. I missed going to meetings but just wasnt possible with the kids. Over the next few months I got down to 13 stone 7lb. But I found that everytime I wanted to fill in the food 'points' tracker, the site froze or took hours to save the info so I stopped filling it in. Christmas came and the meals out, work 'do's', sweets in the office etc took their toll. When my little girl fell asleep on my lap (she is just 2) I really struggled to carry her upstairs. Something had to change ... and quick before all the weight went back on.

So, in January a friend mentioned she had done Lipotrim. I looked it up and found the blog of an amazing girl on this site.
It was so inspiring I spent a whole day reading through posts & blogs!!
On Tuesday 17th January I went into the chemist and so started this journey.....

Day 1 14 stone 1lb.
OMG this drink is disgusting. Have got chocolate, vanilla and Chicken soup.
Made the chocolate - was freezing at work and had read its better hot so made it that way. Struggled to get it down. Same with cold vanilla at lunch. Whilst having the soup at dinner, friend called. She mentioned 240ml per drink... then I realised I'd been following the mens instructions and adding 450ml. No wonder its so vile.
I have just managed 2 litres of water plus endless cups black coffee.
Have been to the loo at least 10 times today. I swear my colleagues think I have a bladder problem!!
Still got through day 1.
Hooray.

Hay im new to the diet aswell and have been experiencing the same things! but now that the first week is over i dont find myself going toilet as much but im still drinking same amount of water!
I tried vanilla with ice in the blender and coffee and it tasted better than it being by itself! Also many people say the flapjacks are horrible but when u havent had anything to eat for a week i think they were great :) i had my first one today it was peanut n i felt more full than i would from a shake/moose.! good luck with your diet :)
;)

I feel your pain at the taste of the shakes siany ;) im now only drinking the chocolate one as the rest are vile to me, and the chicken soup has to be the worst one, I know some have the vanilla with some coffee kind of like a latte you might enjoy that one better.
You have such a good frame of mind for this plan and that is half the battle, you will be amazed at the losses and how quickly your clothes start hanging off you, welcome aboard lovie and if you need any advice on anything or just some words of encouragement this forum is the best will look forward to your weight losses xx

Well done for starting the journey. The diet is not easy but the results are fantastic. I made the same mistake with the amount of water in the shakes but I enjoy them that way. You will find over the course of the diet that your tastes will change and some things that you don't like now you will like later and visa versa. Good Luck. x

Thanks everyone for your amazing support. Its really appreciated.

Louloubellehoney - I dont drink tea at all. I've always been a coffee fanatic and drink at least 5 cups a day, fortunately I have taken it black with 1 sweetener for years so that part isnt a struggle at least! I always wished I could like teas, but i've tried them all and just cant stand any of them.

tweeza - I know what you mean about the chicken soup. I was struggling with it but perservered cos its prob a mental thing, but for some reason it feels more like dinner to me than chocolate milkshake does!! The main reason i hated it is cos i found it had little powder lumps no amount of stirring/whisking removed. So today I blended it and used more water than normal. was much better!!

Day 4 did not go well!! Knew would be a struggle but walked into my friends house and got a vodka & diet coke thrust in my hand followed by a plate of food. Was going to get rid of it but there was a birthday 'toast' etc and had to pretend to drink some. pushed the food around and gave some to the kids but was a struggle and then I was practically force-fed cake!:mad: Really wished I hadnt gone but knew it was unavoidable. I'm sure I will get the tactics to deal with these things but will avoid all social events for a while - the diet is not forever and I realise for the 1st few weeks it has to be.
Think I may be smoking more though:sigh: which is probably counter-productive, healthwise!!:rolleyes: Glad weekend is over though, find it easier to cope under the routine of work and the water drinking is more easy to manage, I seem to loose track on how much I've had at home.

Got on the scales today. Wasnt going to but thought as am over halfway thru 1st week.... wish I hadnt cos am only 1lb down. Keep consoling myself with fact that pyjamas are fallin down and skin looks better (must be all the water) and have huge PMT so that time is looming and I always weigh more & bloat the week before.

Am going to wear the same trousers for weigh in every week so see if they get looser, and to ensure weight of clothing isnt a factor in loss/gain;)

Good luck to those weighing in tomorrow. Only 1 & half more days to go....

Hi Hun, Don`t worry to much about only being a pound down so far, for many girls on here including me at times... the weight literally drops off the night before weigh in!! :D
So you`ll be fine... also remember your period looming will also impact with water retention.. so please dont get disheartened cos if this weeks loss doesnt show as brilliant... if you stick to it for next wekk the loss will be amazing once your not on totm. Plus the cake... erm it might have knocked you out of ketosis but not for long as it was only a short blip... So don`t worry... Maybe tell your friends your on this diet and avoid going to any social events?? I told everyone, {apart from disapproving fam members} as then I find the pressures off me that way... :D:D Keep positive and keep going... you will blast it hun I know you will Love to you L xxx

Thanks love! Checked with the ketosis stick things and that read that I am in ketosis so hope so!! Most my friends know I am doing this but they think (like most people) that if you've been on a diet and you eat 1 tiny thing, you've still eaten lots less calories than you've burnt (this is actually true - it is still basic maths, you burn xx amount of calories during a normal day so if you eat x calories, you WILL inevitably loose weight, otherwise CC & WW wouldnt work) but they dont understand the scientific side of ketosis which brings bigger losses than ordinary diets cos most people dont know this stuff like us diet-nerds!! But you are right, I am avoiding social functions for a few weeks where possible!

Days 5 &6 have got thru 100% and wasnt too difficult really. So weigh in tomorrow and dreading it!!!
Going to add another ticker so can keep track of just LT loss. If there is any!!

Ahh so happy your still in ketosis hun and looking forward to your report on weight loss this week :D XXX

Hey Siany. Keep going Hun. It can get really hard at times and we all experience difficult moments so you're certainly not alone. Such a good feeling though when you resist temptation and then wake up in the morning feeling fantastic. And with regards to tea/coffee counting towards your daily intake then it does if they are decaf but doens't if they aren't as far as I have been told. Good luck xxx

Good Luck Siany with your first WI....it will be fab! x

Thanks guys xx

Day 7. Well today was ok. Woke up and TOTM had arrived ... on Weigh in day??!!! Seriously??:mad:
Ended up having to wear a suit today cos forgot had to go Court (work, not personal BTW!!). Trousers bit big which in turn made them a little too long. So when I got back to the office to go weigh in, realised that the trousers had dragged in a puddle and absorbed about 3 pints of water. As they are already quite heavy material, went into a blind panic about how much they must weigh!!! Spent half an hour in the loo trying to dry them under the hand dryer!!

Anyway... went and weighed in and he told me I'd lost 3.4, was a little disappointed, but then realised they weigh in kilos... so have actually lost 7.4lb.

Thats better... quite pleased so will perservere for good loss next week!. Think I might get the cross trainer out the shed and try and use it for more than hanging clothes on this time! xx ;)

:D Well done.... You little Star!!! woohoo thats a great loss hun and yes stop hanging clothes on your cross trainer LOL ;) love it! ha ha Keep it up Siany your doing really well chick xxxxxx

Well done Siany.

You're diary makes great reading and you seem to be coping with the demands of lT very well!
You'll be at goal in no time if you keep up your good attitude!

haha...loving the wet trouser episode!!! Well done on your loss this week....get those clothes of the cross trainer hunni x

Days 8 & 9 have been pretty easy tbh! Last night didnt even fancy food or this evening despite cooking dinner for the children. It isnt bothering me and i dont think about it at all. Dreading tomorrow night tho.. best mate is here from Spain and we always get together over a bottle of wine so will be a bit difficult!! :cry:

Plus its my sons birthday on sunday and we ALWAYS go out for dinner on our birthdays. He wants to go to London on sunday for the day, dont quite know how will manage with the shakes & the water while treking around all day :sigh:

Back