i wish i could stop weighing myself everyday

vikkiy85

im going to get my oh to hide the scales cos this is getting me down looking like i havent lost anything again and im practically killing myself with exercise too =[ i dont know why this as stopped working when the first few eeks were a breeze i cant do nothing right!:cry::cry:

:(im exactly the same im following plan being good. but everythings slowed down. im doing 3 hours of intense excersize a week (bootcamp). i weigh myself most day but im trying not too now and most days im higher or the same so its really disheartening. :( im trying some green and red days this week but think i mucked it up as i was eating lots of crab stix on green as a friend reccomended this thing she has been having. so i assumed they were ok but dont think they are. so im gonna try red day today and hope it works.:cry:xxx

=[ awww hun are u facbook could do with chatting to someone tbh as my oh getting bored of me moaning and being so down on myself and as i dont go to group do it omline no bloody support on there. xxxxxxxx

Hi there i weight everyday but i enjoy understanding how it changes up and down and ive now noticed that my weght doesnt show its true loss until the morning of weight day which is probably why we should only wi weekly. if it is distressing you though then i think you are doing the correct thing in getting rid of them.

I agree with Chocaslim, my weightloss never shows until the morning of my weigh in..the rest of the week my scales can be showing 6,7,8 lbs more than my last weigh in..it always scares and depresses me, but so far (bet this week I won't now LOL) I have always lost weight come weigh in day.:confused:

im going to get my oh to hide the scales cos this is getting me down looking like i havent lost anything again and im practically killing myself with exercise too =[ i dont know why this as stopped working when the first few eeks were a breeze i cant do nothing right!:cry::cry:

You can and you should if it is upsetting you this way. Get those scales hidden! When is your official wi?

i weigh myself everyday morning and night but i could have lost loads up til the weekend then it stops/goes back on and i dont see the real result until my wi. sends me insane some times lol hubby took my scales away and i freeked out on him haha poor lad

hiya thanks all erm my weigh in in thursday. ill be honest with u all as might as well, as i think this is why sw doesnt seem to b working for me as good , last year i used to just starve myself and take now slim pills, so i think now cos im eating so much more my body is in shock. i really dunno what to do bout it cos i just wanna losse weight in a healthy ay ive had enough of all the hunriness and pills and smoking when hungry ( ive stopped that too which dont help i guess) when my online thing is up next month might try go to a group as sometimes so many questions, it was all going so well few weeks ago it just dropped off me. oh well sorry rant over ! lol xxxxx

I'm confused why you say it isn't working for you when you have lost 12lbs going by your sig or was some of this when you were still using pills etc? Its good that you could be honest as its hard to admit how hard we find it but I'm sure there are many of us that have tried lots of ways to lose weight that aren't healthy eating etc
I would like to reassure you that sw does work as thats how I have lost all my weight. If you are adjusting after using other methods it may take a little while to kick in but please give it a try and see how it goes :)
Well Done on the weight you have lost so far and good luck with the rest :)

i used to weigh myself all the time, it made me grumpy and unbarable to live with to be honest.
i've not weighed myself for 3 weeks now except for wi day and i feel so much better about things wether i gain lose or sts. i just tell myself it took years for the weight to go on so i can't torture myself expecting to lose weight in a day or 2.
keep going :) and hide the scales

hiya thanks all erm my weigh in in thursday. ill be honest with u all as might as well, as i think this is why sw doesnt seem to b working for me as good , last year i used to just starve myself and take now slim pills, so i think now cos im eating so much more my body is in shock. i really dunno what to do bout it cos i just wanna losse weight in a healthy ay ive had enough of all the hunriness and pills and smoking when hungry ( ive stopped that too which dont help i guess) when my online thing is up next month might try go to a group as sometimes so many questions, it was all going so well few weeks ago it just dropped off me. oh well sorry rant over ! lol xxxxx

Vikkiy,

You're doing a great for trying to eat healthy and avoid pills and smoke. Now, you're starting to take care of your body propperly, so it's natural that your body goes through a phase of adjustement.

Tell you OH to hide the scale because it's not beinh helpful for you to weight everyday and keep doing things the right way; sooner or later you'll start losing weight. Trust the process;)

Stick with it and the weight will come off, sometimes we follow plan andd gain but if you stick with it the weight should come off. I weigh myself regularly and i am not sure if this helps or not. Sometimes when you start exercising your body holds onto water, if you carry on exercising and follow plan then it should even itself out. Try posting a food diary on here, or varying your plan red/green/ee to find what suits. If you are unsure of a certain plan just post a question on here. Good Luck

Oh dear Vicky. I wish we could have a chat just to support you hun! You sound really down, but the only advice I could give you is exactly what everyone else has said. Please, please lose the scales, I know they are tempting, you want them to tell you you have a loss then you will feel happy! It is so easy to become obsessed with your weight, but I think if you go to group you will have so much support there. And if you do decide to do that, please try and stay for Image Therapy,l you get lots of tips and if your consultant is any good she will be able to advice and help you hun! Sending hugs to you, please feel free to pm me if you want, if that is possible, I am not very good with the pc! Stick to it, you will do it and S W really does work. We are here to support each other, we can all do this together.:grouphugg::grouphugg:

=[ awww hun are u facbook could do with chatting to someone tbh as my oh getting bored of me moaning and being so down on myself and as i dont go to group do it omline no bloody support on there. xxxxxxxx
hiya vikkiy yeah im on facebook. dont think i can pm you though ive only done a few posts. if you pm your facebooy i will add you x

I would defiantly ditch the scales, I use to weigh myself all the time and no matter what the scales said it was detrimental. If it was a lose I'd become complacent and a gain I'd be disheartened and end up binging. I wouldn't want to and it wasn't intentional, but psychologically weighing myself all the time was so detrimental.
I'd be lost without going to group, get so many tips and the support is what keeps me going, it's nice to know your not on your own, our group even has a FB page so we can give each other midweek support.

Yes our group has a fb page too and its great. I am on it all the time! Also if you pm your fb I will add you too dont give up on it. You will get there

Back