I wonder if a CDC could help . . .

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by TraceM, 6 July 2009 Social URL.

1. TraceM

TraceM Member

Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, I have been on cambridge for ten days now. I have professional body fat scales and I measured before I started. I am 9 lbs down today but my body fat is still the same. How can this be? surely a small decrease should show by now.
    Could a CDC please help with a possible explanation :confused:

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Sorry I am not a CDC, but the reason your body fat does not show it going down is because you have to burn off your store of glycogen before your body starts burning fat... I also have scales like that and I have lost 4 stone and they dont show a massive drop on mine, I was talking to the guy at the gym today as he did my body fat there, and he said you have to pay a lot of money to get an accurate body fat measurement, he has scales that cost £700 and they still aren't good enough, the others like we obviously have and zap you through the feet can only really read the bottom half of you and guess the rest.... well that is what he said to me today anyway.

4. TraceM

TraceM Member

Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Greeneyes, that sounds like a fair explanation! I dont think I will measure it for at least another 6 months. Does your instructor know you are on CD? most of the ones I know frown on the diet.

5. Greeneyes11

Greeneyes11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.57%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Yes he does know I am on CD and there is a CDC who goes to my gym (not mine) and so they have dealt with people on this diet before... I am moving up the plans now and am on 1000 calories, I didn't start at the gym before I reached this amount of calories as they say you dont eat enough calories before this to sustain exercise aswell... (well this is what this trainer guy said today...) obviously as I move up the plans he will plan in more exercise for me.

6. TraceM

TraceM Member

Current Weight:
    16st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks for your help and and good luck at the gym :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.