Ia anyone going to watch Cracker?

dizzy-n-mizzy

Not dieting ATM!
I've just heard a new series of Cracker is on tonight? I'm amazed the last series was years ago, wasn't it? Been trying to remember when it was we last watched it and I'm pretty certain I had no kids then. My eldest is now nearly 10. Does anyone know when the last series was made?

I'm kinda glad Robbie Coltrane hasn't done CD. He wouldn't be quite the same would he? His size does give him such character and presence.

Do you think it will be worth watching or disappointing? It will be interesting to see how the show will have evolved with time. I guess it's a gamble. Hope they pull it off though as it was fab.

Dizzy and Mizzy

I'm going to watch it too, I can't really remember when it was last on. I know I was still with my husband so at least 3 years ago lol. It was before any harry potter films wasn't it, so how long have they been out?

Mizzy's just said it's not a series starting tonight but a one off!

Shame, I'll definitely have to watch it.

Dizzy

YAY waiting all week for it!!!!!!!!!!

Ivy

Just did a search and saw something that said Cracker (1993-1996) so it was 10 years ago. I guess many of you haven't got a clue what we're talking about!

I was off work Friday and Robbie Coltrane was being interviewed on This Morning - it's 10 years since Cracker was last on - it really doesn't seem that long ago:eek: and sorry to disappoint but I'm almost certain he said that this was a one off episode - more's the pity:( it was definately one of the best on the box - although isn't Prime Suspect on soon too? Another good one!

I will certainly be tuning in - I've loaded the dishwasher (even though I haven't eaten...mmmm funny that...lol:rolleyes: ), I've done the kids lunch boxes, cleaned their shoes, done the ironing so at 9pm I'll be parked on the sofa with a pint of water and a malt toffee bar....and won't be moving far till 11.05pm!

Hope it's as good as all the hype around it....sure it will be!

Enjoy!

Me too! Love Cracker!

No contest you have to watch Cracker over Lee Evans!

Only 14 lbs to go Carol that Fab Think in 1lb you'll only have a few LB's to lose no stones. I'm looking forward to that hopefully in the not to distant future.

Dizzy

i got em all om DVD

best purchase ever

No penhaligan tho this season... :(

Ivy

1st Cracker aired 27th September 1993 "the woman in the attic"

Last 1 (not 100% sure) 28th October 1996 "white ghost"

Interesting fact, which I have only just remembered. A work colleague (not in my close circle of friends, you should note), started to call me Fitz when it was on TV in the 90's. That was until, I might add, I used by bulk to good effect and darkened the door of the person doing the name calling. Funny enough, he never called me it again :D

1st Cracker aired 27th September 1993 "the woman in the attic"

Last 1 (not 100% sure) 28th October 1996 "white ghost"

Interesting fact, which I have only just remembered. A work colleague (not in my close circle of friends, you should note), started to call me Fitz when it was on TV in the 90's. That was until, I might add, I used by bulk to good effect and darkened the door of the person doing the name calling. Funny enough, he never called me it again :D

White ghost was a one off special but the last cracker since last night.

N'ah take it was a compliment - Fitz is fantastic. :cool:

Ivy

Looking forward to it - charisma loaded Fitz is just sooooo watchable. I agree that his size is not an issue in that role and Robbie Coltrane has such a wicked twinkle in his eye he does manage to be sexy. Not sure how I'd feel if he stripped off though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No contest you have to watch Cracker over Lee Evans!

Only 14 lbs to go Carol that Fab Think in 1lb you'll only have a few LB's to lose no stones. I'm looking forward to that hopefully in the not to distant future.

Dizzy

Sorry everyone, but Lee Evans won last night!!:eek: :eek: Never mind, I'm sure Cracker will be repeated sometime soon and I'll get to see it then!

Dizzy, I haven't been able to change my tracker (having far too many 'stupid days' lately-haha!) I'm actually only about 5lbs off my target. Only trouble is I keep taking one step forwards and 2 back by picking at food - I'm lucky that I haven't put any weight back on though, so I need to focus and stay strong:D

Those of you that did watch it.....wasn't it fab??! :D I luuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvvve Cracker!!! :)

OMG, I missed it! I thought it was on tonight. Bugger, Bum, Rats, sod it and bum again. That must be the most rude words used at any one time on Minimins ever. And, I meant every BLOODY word. Sorry Mini!

As a massive fan of Cracker and as this was a one off apparently - i was sorely disaspointed

Robbie C (and as much as i worship the man) plodded along - almost begrudingly (and i know Fitz character etc etc)

No pentaligan...No other main characters - a new super that looks like he was going to crack up laughing even when dealing with the deaths...

No real conclusions... no 'catching' the criminal - more or less by osmosis cos the guy looked abit shifty...

Jimmy McGovern - why? oh Why?

Ivy

I agree Ivy.

It was great it was back on, but, sadly it was not to the standard I remember

Back