Iambe's Good Things

Iambe

Hi All

I'm starting a food diary on here as of today. I'm really enjoying what I've been doing on Slimming World and I love the food I'm eating. I'd really like to have some suggestions for other recipes and I'm in awe of everyone's creativity!

Monday's Food
Breakfast
2 slices of extra lean smoked bacon
3 new potatoes sliced
1 flat mushroom
1 fresh tomato
Potatoes just sprayed with frylight and put into the oven with the rest of breakfast to cook for half an hour while I have a shower and get dressed, this has been my saving grace and I love it!!!

Lunch
Went to Harvester with mum for lunch coz it was her birthday so I had
Plain chargrilled chicken breast
New potatoes (without butter)
Corn (without butter)
Salad (lots of)
I had some BBQ sauce with my chicken on the side (2 syns) and some low cal vinegrette (2 syns)
It was a delicious lunch and I was soooo full afterwards.

Dinner
Leftovers from Sunday's kebabs
Kebab meat
New potatoes (again I'm a new potato fiend)
Garlic dressing from tablespoon low mayo, two tablespoons of yoghurt, clove of garlic and some lemon juice (2 syns)

Snacking
I needed something sweet later in the evening so I used by HEB for two choc/fudge Alpen bars.

6 syns in total with a meal out can't be bad can it!

I didn't feel as motivated yesterday as I do normally. I think that it was mostly because of the heat and I just felt really lacklustre and didn't want to do any housework or go to the gym. I just felt a bit blergh.

Iambe

HELP??!?

TUESDAY

Back to work today and oh dear I very nearly had a very bad day. I decided not to go to the gym because I didn't have a £1 coin and I couldn't be bothered to run around getting change. This decision not to go to the gym however resulted in very naughty thoughts about going to McDonalds Drive Thru. The thoughts were fleeting and I was a good girl in the end but I felt really bad about it.

Breakfast
2 slices of bacon
3 new potatoes sliced up in frylight
1 tomato
1 flat mushroom

Lunch
Mugshot Tomato and herb
2 ryvitas
2 light babybels

Dinner
Spag bol with quorn mince, chopped tomatoes, garlic, onions, mushrooms all done in fry light and then popped in the microwave to finish off. Delicious
Parmesan 6 syns

Drinks
Water
1 600ml bottle diet pepsi

So all in all it was a really good day food wise. I don't appear to be losing again this week. The only way I lose is if I do exercise and I understood that with Slimming World you would be losing weight without the exercise on top so I should be losing a lot more than I am. I weighed this morning and I've put on a pound in a couple of days, which seems really odd.

Wednesday and willpower

OK so today was not a good day. It was in fact a really bad day but I am not going to let that get in my way. I'm going to prove to myself that one little obstacle doesn't stop me doing what I ought to be doing and in fact this obstacle has been a blessing.

Breakfast
Nothing first thing as I got up and went for a swim given my failure at the exercise on Tuesday night.
When I got to work I had a banana

Lunch
Went out for team lunch today and I chose a naughty salad but when I worked it all out it wasn't that bad afterall
Chicken and chorizo salad with red pepper dressing - 6 syns

Dinner
Big leftover spag bol with parmesan cheese (HE)

Bad things
I ate 3 of the butterflies which I made for my fundraising while no one was looking at work. I feel really bad about it but I just WANTED them and because I WANTED them I didn't just stop at one. They are about 5 syns each so I went totally over the top.

I've learnt that if I had just given myself permission and been kind to myself to allow myself 1 cake I would have been within my syns.

All that said, I got on the scales this morning and lost a pound.

I think perhaps part of my problem is that I haven't allowed myself any bad things really at all and as such body doesn't know what's going on. A small bad thing a day would be far healthier for me than a large number of naughty things when I can't hold myself back anymore!

I feel more resolved today and will be good to myself. I'm even planning on one cake.

Thursday and giving myself permission

OK well I've broken one of the cardinal rules about Slimming World...EAT THE DAMN SYNS you fool. Otherwise you will go entirely overboard and ruin the good work you are doing. Today was not a bad day. I went to the gym tonight and made sure that I did a good bit of exercise.

Breakfast
I did the usual bacon, tomatoes, potatoes and mushroom but I didn't want it all, so I ate the potatoes half the tomato and half the mushroom. For some reason bacon was just not interesting me.

Lunch
Chicken pasta mugshot
2 ryvitas
2 light babybels

Dinner
Leftover veg curry (potato, half can of tomatoes, onion, mushroom, quorn and a desertspoon of medium curry powder) with a load of rice.

Snacks
2 cakes
1 banana

Within syns and I don't feel deprived. I can't be trusted to have loads of snacks in the house because I will binge on them. I do however need to have something everyday to curb these urges and feelings of deprivation. I am hoping that this is the key to ensuring that I stick to it. I felt so engaged with this last weekend and in no way did I want to overeat or have anything bad. It's just over the last few days however I also think that it might have something to do with my hormones as I had my depot injection on Monday.

We shall see and I'll keep on trucking!

Iambe

Good bad days! Friday....

Thank the gods it's Friday...
It was a cool day today actually. I ate loads of fruit during the day at work and resisted the offers of malted milk creams which was truly badass of me but I knew I was going out for Friday pub day with LMJ in the evening.

Breakfast
Just fruit, banana, grapes

Lunch
2 cracked black pepper ryvita (yummy)
2 light babybels
chicken noodle mugshot (dunked the ryvita in it and OMG that was well lush)

Dinner
Went to the Cricketers for dinner with LMJ
I had a roast beef and yorkshire pudding wrap with new potatoes and red cabbage
I reckons that the whole thing was around the 20 syn mark (including the gravy and horseradish)

And that was it for the day. I knew that I would be having something slightly naughty so it was easy for me to stick to plan all day. I think I'm starting to crack this and make sure that I am getting my syns into the diet properly.

Iambe

Are you eating enough? You should eat lots more because you can! It'll stop you from wanting to snack too.

Lots of melon, water melon, strawberries will help you lose weight.. I'm on my iPad so can't see any stats if you have them on your profile..

Tell me about your weight loss story :)

Saturday lusciousness

Hi Roziee

I've felt a bit worried about the amount that I've been eating because I wasn't experiencing what I thought was an appropriate loss. I think that's directly contributed to the desires to do bad things.

I think my loss ambitions may have been too lofty which is why I've been disappointed. I've always been an emotional eater, and disappointment does tend to lead me to other negative feelings, which inevitably lead to binging.

I feel quite proud of myself that I have avoided binging. I've always wanted to lose weight but I keep finding ways avoid having to and accepting that being big isn't within my control. I've dieted a couple of times before and lost around 3 stone each time but then I've let it go back on.

Over the last couple of years I've put on about 4 stone so I'm at the biggest I've been at the moment. It's 100% emotional eating as I've been going through some difficult personal stuff.

I've gotten to a point now where I really want to do something about it. Accountability has been a big thing for me but I've chosen to do something about it now and doing something good at the same time.

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/arcarhia

Thanks for trying to help me out hon. Fruit wise I'm a little bit limited as I'm allergic to some fruits (mostly stoned fruits).

Breakfast
Slimming world 1/2 syn almond flan (recipe on here eggs, quark, sweetner, almond flavouring)

Lunch
New potatoes, salad, chickpeas, ham

Dinner
Rice, 2 light babybels, 2 tablespoons salad cream

Iambe

No loss this week but that's OK

I stayed the same this week. That is ok by me, staying the same isn't a gain. I want to lose more, I know that but I need to be realistic about what I want to achieve here. If it takes a long time then the end result will be a fantastic treat for me. I know that I need to be eating more of the right things and lots more superfree foods.

Breakfast
Fruit and fibre
(I put a portion of cereal in a little lock box, walk down to the river and sit there with my journal eating the dry cereal it's really cool also a good tip for going to the cinema with a HEB choice!)

Lunch
Rice with HEA 2 babybel lights
Salad cream (2 syns)
Frylight new potatoes

Dinner
Mashed potatoes (on their own without fat or milk)
4 quorn sausages
Green beans
Gravy (3 syns)

Sunday treat
2 skinny hazlenut lattes (13 syns)

18 syns in total

BAD DAY

Right pretty much everyday has been bad for a week...Nah uh, no more. BAD badness...

Tomorrow is a good day.

Iambe

Hey lambe,

STS is better than a gain you're right.. Increase the SF foods. And it will come off for sure x

What kind of rice do you eat? X

Hey hon

SF foods do seem to be helping somewhat but I think I was in a bit of a rut last week generally so onwards and upwards.

I tend to eat basmati rice, I'll do a big pot of it when I do it and then keep the leftovers for stir frys etc.

Breakfast
Nothing, naughty I know but I was too busy making paper flowers LOL!

Lunch
2 tomatoes
Salad with lo cal dressing (1 syn)
3 ryvitas (black pepper)
3 light laughing cow triangles
Chicken pasta mugshot

Dinner
2 quorn sausages
2 mushrooms bigguns
New potatoes
Beans

Snacky later