IBS

soon2bslimmer77

Does anyone suffer with this, ever since I had my hysterectomy 5 years ago at 30 yo I have had bad digestion :-( I am starting to think it is IBS need to go to my doc really and ask but it is really starting to get me down now :-(

It can be hormonal apparently! I started getting it really badly when I came off the pill. I felt like in any one month I was either suffering from IBS, crying for no reason, or having a period for about 3 out of 4 weeks. I went back on the pill and the IBS and mood swings both cleared up pretty much straight away. Such a relief. My tummy was SO sore!

Oh - and I did used to find that the IBS relief tablets from Asda did help a bit.

Peppermint tea really helps to, I get it if i am stressed, and sometime if I have a pizza, which haven't for a long time x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I suffer from this when I eat rubbish food, if I stick to the principles of SW I tend to be okay.

Keeping a food diary is a good idea.

I will keep a diary and try to eliminate foods x defo not hormone or time of month related I had a hysterectomy 5 years ago when I was 30 due to having cervical cancer!!! thats when it started :-/

Myself and my brother have it and for both of us it's triggered by stress. It's quite difficult to diagnose (I think they only diagnose it by eliminating other illnesses) so you should see your doctor if you suspect you may have it

KK

x

I have it but it is linked with stress and anxiety, if I am nervous etc.
Chinese takeaway and pure orange or apple juice also sets it off.

I think mine is stress related too :-(

I have had IBS/A lazy bowel since I was 3 years old - I am now almost 51. Stress does play a big part in it, I never suffer from Constipation im the opposite and always get the runs. I know when I have a bout coming on, I get unbearable pains in my lower abdomen, and start sweating really badly. Its the muscles going into spasm in my stomach.

Its trial and error with the foods people eat, I find with me its mayonnaise (as it has raw egg in it), red cabbage, salted nuts, too much chicken, some fruits. Ive found since starting SW its not half as bad and I think this is because I now make 99% of my meals from scratch with fresh ingredients.

As mentioned it may be worth keeping a diary and trying to eliminate the foods which trigger it. The doctor can prescribe colpermin which is peppermint based as this settles the tummy ( peppermint drink can have the same effect) , Buscopan is another drug. None of these worked for me, now when I have it really bad or can feel the spasm coming on I have to take immodiums and they help, but the doc stopped giving me these I have to buy them now

Back