Puddings Ice-cream Machine and Ice-cream Update

After reading all these lovely recipies!

I have to purchase one of these!!!!

*off she goes to google ice cream maker mmmm*

I have an ice cream maker but have never tried using yogs in it ....... is the texture really like ice cream? Or is it more like frozen (ie/ icy) yog??

Thanks, x

Just made the aforementioned banana ice cream. 2 ripe bananas and 300ml from unsweetened soya milk (chilled) HEa allowance, dessert spoon of sweetener (possibly not necessary). Whizz it all up first, then pop it in the machine till it starts to set (15 mins?). I didn't have to chill it as I keep the soya milk in the fridge. It is gorgeous. The soya milk gives it a lovely creamy after taste, and has a lovely light texture. Beautiful. Comes to 8 syns, because as Circes pointed out you have to syn the bananas where they are whizzed up. But it made two very large portions. I may finish it all today. I may not. :)

.Nicki. said:
Where do you get the tofu from? i can't say i've ever heard of it or seen it. I've had an icecream maker for years and used it once for frozen yogurt. Wonder if you could make sorbet in it?

Yes you can make sorbet in it. Silken Tofu is not in the chiller as that's a different type of tofu. It is in a carton and found with lentils, split peas etc. I got mine in Asda but know that some Sainsburys stock it

Dizzibint said:
I have an ice cream maker but have never tried using yogs in it ....... is the texture really like ice cream? Or is it more like frozen (ie/ icy) yog??

Thanks, x
it has the texture of Mr Whippy- a soft icecream. Really creamy - especially Greek yog

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just making Chocolate Praline flavoured Greek yog with Cadburys Chocolate Fingers frozen "icecream"

Kx

And here it is

Attachments

• image-277691093.jpg
    image-277691093.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 145
And look what happens to the bit that freezes at the bottom- it's like frozen Chocolate !

Well it was yummy but I think all the choc biscuit was in DHs bowl as I didn't get any :(

Kx

Attachments

• image-1398696910.jpg
    image-1398696910.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 141
I ordered my gino machine from Robert Dyas last Friday and it's due to be delivered today/tomorrow. It's been a long wait when I'm looking at these photos!!
Anymore dairy free recipes?

How many suns did that work out at K? I still dont have the room in my freezer to freeze the bowl :-( xx

furrysmudge said:
How many suns did that work out at K? I still dont have the room in my freezer to freeze the bowl :-( xx

About 6 for skinny cow and 1 for each choc finger and some praline essence and 1 tub Greek. TBH I wouldn't add biscuit next time!!

Kx

.Nicki. said:
Where do you get the tofu from? i can't say i've ever heard of it or seen it. I've had an icecream maker for years and used it once for frozen yogurt. Wonder if you could make sorbet in it?

Silken tofu comes in a carton - in my asda it's with the beanfeast and baked bean/tomato aisle- it's not fresh , it can last for ages in the cupboard x x

About 6 for skinny cow and 1 for each choc finger and some praline essence and 1 tub Greek. TBH I wouldn't add biscuit next time!QUOTE]

MMMMMM praline essence.....that's probably the only flavour I havn't got coming in my flavourings parcel gggrrrrr lol xx

Sorry my mistake 1.5 per choc finger - oops

Kx

Back