Ice-pop food Dairy

ice-pop

Here goes.
Breakfast Boiled egg,slice Burgen bread.

Lunch ; chicken and rice Japanese salad

Tea;mincetomato pepper and bollotti bean casserole small amout Quinoa

Snacks;apple 5 almonds 2 satsumas

not brilliant as I planned to walk back from work,but accepted a lift been a heavy work load at the hopital today,:mad:

Hi Icepop, food looks good. I love satsumas and clementines, I've been addicted to them lately. Finally restocked on them today:)

Hi again Icepop :)

Your Japenese salad sounds interesting.

Are you a nurse? I am, but work in the community (far more sociable hours than hospital, although I do miss the buzz of a busy ward sometimes).

Hi
The salad was something Hubby bought fr reduced from Asda(White sticky rice.chicken,dressing veggies)
not very good GL but I enjoyed it.
I used to be a nurse adult and mental health,but gave it up ,I work in the Physio dept ,No real stress,loads of patient contact,I enjoy it but it is physically demanding.
Hope the weight losss will help.I do not have scales at home would be for ever getting on the things,so I use the ones at the day hospital.
It is hard as I am constantley surrounded by cakes, biscuits chocies from greatful patients and relatives and finding a time to eat my "healthy"snack.I have decided if questioned I will say well it is better than eating chocies etc.
Agree about the more sociable hours,although I sort of missed working the odd weekend and letting hubby run the show at home,this job means i work 4 hours every six weekends so seems a breeze,
How did you get into low GL?

You probably burn off a lot of calories at work as it sounds quite active (certainly more than all the driving I have to do these days).

I first got into GL about 6 years ago when my daughter was wee. I needed to shift the baby blubber, and had tried low carb but couldn't sustain it. I read about the GL diet in one of the Sunday papers and thought it sounded good. I have drifted back and forth over the years (hence why I am still here and 2 stone heavier than I would like) but always feel better when I eat low GL.

food
Breakfast: 2 slices burgen and Humous(ok not my usual start to day ,but run out of yogurt/milk
Lunch: soup Glorius Thai carrot and cocnut spicey.ryvita
Dinner Steak brocholi,asparagus left over Quinoa
Snack: apple almonds5 pumkin seeds 2 dessert spoons.
My firnd works in the communityand she says it is hard with the bendingand being on her kneesfor the leg dressings.
a mum from school introduced it to me as she is a nutritionist and teaches Patrick Holford,I got to be her trial group and have one to for 8 weeks for free,It worked for me but then life got in the way.I want it to work this time,but for good.

Food looks good Icepop:) I'm sure you'll do well with low GL this time. IrishMolly is a great example of someone who has been maintaining her weightloss on low GL. I look up to her as an inspiration for when I lose weight I want to keep it off for good too:)

thankks Cali I will look at Irishmolly threads.

went for a walk with friend today with friend enjoyed it.
lots of hills to walk up and down.did 1 1/2 hours so not too long need to do the supermarket shop as working tomorrow. will try to eat before I shop......

friday;
B:boiled egg, toast
L:quinowa salad hummus
D lemon sole ,veg, mushey peas 2 chips of hubbys plate.
s:grapefruit slice edam cheese apple 5 almonds

Saturday

B;Lizzi's treacle and pecan granola,blueberries,natural yogurt
L:beans on toast
D1/2 portion salmon,peas salad homemade dressing1 new potatoe
S;choc naked bar,apple almonds

wish I had not eaten the cheese but I must have eaten some pith from the gapefruit and had a bitter taste to get rid of..

A bit of cheese will do no harm and with the grapefruit will make a good mix of carb and protein! I love cheese I couldn't not eat lol especially when my family get any blue cheese in very naught :)
You've had a good week well done!!!
Keep up the good work and I'll pop that recipe in the stickies in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Food looks good Ice pop, you can eat cheese, as long as you don't eat A LOT of cheese. It's good protein:) I agree with Laruenista that the cheese and grapefruit balances out. Keep up the good work Icepop :)

Sunday-
B:granola bluberies a few, a small apple yogurt
L leek and turkey supreme with spinich and wholemeal pasta
D 2 slice bugen ham humus salad
S nuts cranbery ba dark chocolate.yum yum

today
fruit porrage.
butternut soup oat cakes and peanut butter.
turkey sweet pot curry,wholemal chapatti mango chutney .,rice cucmber ritta.
a bit of a treat as i lost 2 1/2lbs :)
also saw Medics today and have to alter the way I have been eatinng for 3 months .
To try to cure long standing health issues
As I have given up caffine already and the booze the major thing is not eating for 4 hours prior to sleeping which may be a little hard as I like an early night some times.
will try to stick to guide lines.:rolleyes:
thanks guys will continue to eat my cheese then....:)

Monday
B;granoal 2 plums yougurt

L: butternut squash soup.

S:3 thorntons chocies:break_diet:

last day for work collegue did not eat the 3 cakes, biscuits or muffins they also brought in.......
Where is every one???

Woot you did good not eating the cakes or biscuits!

yesterday friends special bithday meal..
B granola ,apple
L leek and potato soup
D ceaser and chicken salad,goats cheese and rocket,chocholate and pistatio tart and berries small slice birthday cake,glass champaine
went to get weighed and friends scales are broken....
I thought I would have gained and wanted to see that,as it may help me over the weeekend

Today
B sausage
L free sample pizza form supermarket
D home made lentil and chorizo soup salmon veg new pots
grape fruit.(friends are coming for dinner)

Back