ID'd for chocolate!!

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
I popped into the co-op after class to get some bits and bobs for tea. At the counter I noticed they had Baileys truffles reduced to 99p from £4.99 - I like Baileys and so does OH, so reckoning to myself they would be about 3-4 syns each I decided to buy a box.

But oh no, I got asked for ID!? Because they contain alcohol apparently they woman could not sell me them without ID.

Now I'm 22 and pretty used to getting asked for ID when buying alcohol but for chocolate!!! Ha. I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, some unknown force seems to be protecting my weight loss this week lol!

Haha! I once complained that I never get asked for ID, the guy on the checkout looked at my shopping and said "That's because you don't need it for beans and onions"!

And because I'm an old lady!

The next time I will ever be asked for ID will be when I need to present my Bus Pass, lol. But you have got to think about fate when you couldn't have em.

Brilliant!

My favourite was when I got ID'd for teaspoons and party poppers when I was about 24. Y'no, the old lethal teaspoon! (It got scanned as cutlery, which apparently you have to be 16+ to buy)
When I worked at the co-op, we even had to ID people for nailvarnish remover, nail files and non-alcoholic Becks, which always confused me!

I'm 27, and I still get asked every so often. I got asked last week when I got a piercing, which embarrassed the chap somewhat!

Long may it continue for you Clareel!

Haha when I worked on a shop on a crummy estate kids buying eggs had to have a note from their mums!!!

I popped into the co-op after class to get some bits and bobs for tea. At the counter I noticed they had Baileys truffles reduced to 99p from £4.99 - I like Baileys and so does OH, so reckoning to myself they would be about 3-4 syns each I decided to buy a box.

But oh no, I got asked for ID!? Because they contain alcohol apparently they woman could not sell me them without ID.

Now I'm 22 and pretty used to getting asked for ID when buying alcohol but for chocolate!!! Ha. I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, some unknown force seems to be protecting my weight loss this week lol!

Unbelievable, I'd have laughed thinking they were joking.

I got ID at Wet n Wild in Orlando, I was in my bikini & 38 at the time:p

Haha! I once complained that I never get asked for ID, the guy on the checkout looked at my shopping and said "That's because you don't need it for beans and onions"!

And because I'm an old lady!

Lady???? :p

Unbelievable, I'd have laughed thinking they were joking.

I got ID at Wet n Wild in Orlando, I was in my bikini & 38 at the time:p

Actually over in Orlando/Kissimmee now they are i.d.'ing and refusing the "next" generation. Yep, they are often refusing to serve alcohol in some cases to 21-40+ (even though 21 is the leagal age) because that demographic is deemed the most likely to buy booze for under 21's!!!

Only in America......

Maximus said:
Lady???? :p

Actually over in Orlando/Kissimmee now they are i.d.'ing and refusing the "next" generation. Yep, they are often refusing to serve alcohol in some cases to 21-40+ (even though 21 is the leagal age) because that demographic is deemed the most likely to buy booze for under 21's!!!

Only in America......

O know u joking??? Im going to kissimmee in 6 weeks n was hoping for a couple of drinks while i was there!!

I got ID'd for margarita cocktail mix - it has no alcohol in it!

Plus the spotty teenager asking for the ID had to ask permission to sell it to me too! Worlds gone mad!

I got id'd buying some cigarettes for the mil. Didn't have any on me so the woman probably thinks I'm underage now lol

Once got id'd in tesco for plastic cutlery which I thought was madness lol

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was id'd today for the scissors in my sowing kit I was buying. When I asked her isn't it age 16 to buy them she replied, proud as punch to be doing her job properly, "it's challenge 21 thought". I gave her my id and pointed out I'm 23!

When I was about 22 (last year of uni) I used to get ID'd on a regular basis for cigarettes (this was before the legal age went up to 18!). I mean come one, there was no way I looked 15 at that point!

I was ID'd for cigarettes about 3 months ago too, and I definitely don't look 18! If you listened to the kids in school you'd think I must be an ancient old crone ;)

Back