Ideas for a bulk cook freezer day

vicki123

I always do either red or green and am having a 'freezer' cooking day. (ie I have nothing to do so am going to spend the day cooking food to freeze). I have plenty of Chinese takeaway containers that need to be filled.

I'm getting bored of my usual curry/chilli/ bolignaise so please help with some tasty easy freeze ideas.

Thank you :)

Any type of casserole would be good!! There have been threads like this before so if you type in batch cooking I'm sure you will find some ideas! :) hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hiya,

What about such things as:

Stroganoff (meat or muhroom)
Low syn sausage casserole
Mousakka (but sw white sauce on top)
Bolognaise style meatloaf
Minced beef and egg loaf
Vegetable goulash
can bran, cheese and onion burgers
Beef and tomato ragout
Beef, mushrooms and carrots
Steak,mushroom and onion pie ( filo pastry top)

Hope this gives you few ideasand have fun on your feezer day, I will be having one in about a week xx

I have a stroganoff and a mousakka recipe, but you would have to check the syn values etc as they are from the orignal recipe cook book from a couple of year ago so the values may have changes x

Moussaka Recipe !

Moussaka Recipe Serves 4

1 aubergine
1 large onion,chopped
2 cloves garlic (or some lazy garlic)
1lb / 454g extra lean minced beef
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 level tablespoon tomato puree
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablesppons chopped parsley
1 egg,beaten
8oz / 227g tub very low fat natural cottage cheese
1 teaspoon mustard
salt and pepper

Method

Preheat the oven to 180C/ Gas 4. Wash the aubergine,wipe dry and prick all over. Place on kitchen paper and microwave on HIGH (650watts) for 6 minutes,turning over half way through cooking. Leave to cool for 2 minutes before slicing thinly.

Place the chopped onion and garlic into a microwaveable bowl and add 2 tablespoons of water and cook on HIGH for 4 minutes.

Meanwhile, put the mince into a pan and cook,stirring frequently until the meat is browned.Allow to cool slightly and drain off any excess fat. Stir in onion and garlic mixture and then add the chopped tomatoes,tomato puree,cinnamon and chopped parsley then cook for approximately 10 minutes.

Place a layer of the sliced aubergine in an ovenproof dish,followed by a layer of the mince mixture.Repeat with another layer of sliced aubergine and finishing off with a layer of the mince mixure.

In a mixing bowl beat the egg znd cottage cheese together then add the mustard,salt and pepper.Pour the egg mixture over the top of the dish.Bake int the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.

This recipe is from the sw 100 original free recipes book.

Hiya,

What about such things as:

Stroganoff (meat or muhroom)
Low syn sausage casserole
Mousakka (but sw white sauce on top)
Bolognaise style meatloaf
Minced beef and egg loaf
Vegetable goulash
can bran, cheese and onion burgers
Beef and tomato ragout
Beef, mushrooms and carrots
Steak,mushroom and onion pie ( filo pastry top)

Hope this gives you few ideasand have fun on your feezer day, I will be having one in about a week xx

please could you post the recipes for the bolognese style meatloaf and the minced beef and egg loaf please

Bolognaise style meatloaf and meat and egg Loaf

Bolognaise Style Meatloaf Serves 4

454g Lean Minced Beef
Handful of Button Mushrooms cut into quarters
8-10 Rashers of Extra Lean Bacon
½ - 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
1-2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 level tbsp Tomato Puree - ½ syn
1 Large Egg, beaten
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:-

Preheat oven to 200C
Dry fry the mince, onion, garlic and mushrooms until the mince is brown and the onions and mushrooms are soft. (drain off any excess liquid)
Combine all the other ingredients except the egg and mix well. Gradually add the egg stirring constantly.
Spray a loaf tin with fry light and line with the bacon; firmly press the mince into the tin.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes
Serve with salad

Meat and Egg Loaf

2 Boiled Eggs
350g/12oz Lean Minced Beef
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Level tbsp Tomato Puree
½ Level tsp Salt
Black Pepper
1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
Pinch of All Spice
Pinch of Dried Thyme
1 Level tsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
1 Large Egg

Method:-

Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
Mix all the ingredients, except the hard boiled eggs, together. Shape into a flat rectangle and place the eggs down into the centre. Roll the mixture around the eggs using your finger. Place in a small loaf tin. Cover with foil and cook for 45-55 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minutes. Serve hot with green vegetables or cold with a salad.

***PEASE CHECK FOR SYN VALUES AS I GOT THESE RECIPES A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO SO HAVE DELETED THEM OFF DUE TO CHANGES ETC ***

ive never had mousaka before, and i would use quorn mince.
just a quick question, what would you serve it with ?
Claire

am going to have the bolognese meatloaf for dinner have just realised that it is all cooked before it goes in the oven have only done it raw before so will be interested to see what i comes out like

Sorry, I can't help you on that as I have never made it. It is a recipe I found in here once and liked the sound of it x
Let me know what it is like please.

it tasted great the only problem was it never stayed together it just fell apart but other than that is was very tasty

My freezer has super speed soup, ricotta cannelloni, ratatouille and a chicken pie (mash top) all ready to eat.. I use the rats & soup as pasta toppings or jacket potato toppings too.

Back