ideas for fast Atkins breakfast please

monkeys bunny

need 2get my head into it
today is a new start for me, new month, new start. but im having problems with breakfast ideas. i only have 10 minutes in the mornings to make and eat my breakfast....i dont like fish....so any ideas of Atkins first week breakfast's?

please. thank you

xbunnyx

never heard of that, i will keep a look out. thank you

at the moment i have plated up some chicken and some cheese and am nibbling on it at work, but i would prefer to eat my breakfast before i come to work as my keyboard is getting rather greesy ha ha and i can see me getting bored of chicken and cheese

Hi there - I did Atkins for a long time - with a great success! (that is another story) But I struggled with breakfast for a while also. A couple of things I did -
1. Fry up (or stick in oven) about 2 packets of bacon. Once cool, freeze them on a flat tray and stick in a baggy. 20 seconds in micro and you have bacon.
2. At beginning of week, I boiled up eggs and peeled them. I could grab a few on the way out of the door.
3. This is my favorite - I made Flax Bread. Enough for several days. You mix ground flax (1/4 cup) with 1 tablespoon of olive oil or butter. Beat in 1 egg. Add 1 tsp of baking powder. Put in a bowl that is the shape you want the bread (like round for a bun, for example). Microwave for 1 minute. Immediately turn it over and out of the bowl you cooked it in. In a few minutes it will dry. You can cut in half and you have 2 good size pieces of bread for adding anything, cheese, butter, ham, philadelphia, etc. You can toast it, make sandwiches, etc. This one - on trips especially - saved my diet!

Good luck!

go to www.avidlite.co.uk and look under breakfast bars, choose SERO bars, there are 3 flavours peanut & caramel, white chocolate & berry which are only 1.5g net carbs, the chocolate ones are 2g, I buy a box of 24, chocolate ones are more expensive at £22 but the other flavours are only £11 something, for me they are great on the run!

good luck
sue x

i second the sero bars,
also whisk up an egg & seasoning in a bowl, put it in micro for 2mins(do not stir) peel it out of the bowl it comes out like paper and roll it up with some cheese.
Or make the muffin in a minute, slice it up. then just toast & butter in the morn......my fav.

Get the powder version... Not the seeds because they don't grind so well.

Here are some flax muffins that are a great on-the-go snack! One key with flax is as soon as you are done baking (in micro or oven) get them OUT of the pan. Flax holds moisture and they become soggy quickly. So flip them over, let them cool. I put the muffins in the freezer and then take them with me. They are ready in about an hour. Or you can of course micro them too. They help with 'regularity' also besides only being 1 carb! P.S. I don't use muffin cups - I just put them directly in the muffin pan after spraying with some Pam. No problem. The little liners annoy me (maybe a personal thing...).

Enjoy!
Low Carb Flax Seed Muffins

• 6 T butter - melted
  • 3 large eggs
  • ¼ cup whipping cream (or half and half)
  • Beat these 3 ingredients together, and then add:
    • ½ cup Splenda (artificial sweetener)
    • 1 T maple flavoring
    • 1 T vanilla
Mix the following together and add to the above:

• 2 t cinnamon
  • 1 t nutmeg
  • ½ rounded t baking powder
  • ½ rounded t baking soda
  • 1 cup ground flaxseeds
  • ¼ cup soy flour or Atkin's Bake Mix
  • 4 oz black walnuts, chopped (optional)
Put into 12 paper cupcake liners in a muffin tin and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. You can also double the recipe and get 18-20 larger size muffins.
These have been recommended as "very good with lots of fiber". About 4 carb per muffin but over 3 is in the form of fiber. Other flavorings have been tried - banana, pineapple or unsweetened coconut also taste great. These muffins freeze well, too.
These can also be made in the microwave. In a 1000 watt microwave, 12 muffins take about 2 minutes and 10 seconds.

Make a loaf of corgette nut bread (atkins recipe book) and spread with butter, eat on the way like a sandwich...bootiful

You might like to try these:

Cheese and Sun-Blush Tomato Muffins
Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking Time 20 minutes
Ingredients:
Makes 9
225g (8 oz) plain cottage cheese
65g (2 oz) freshly grated Parmesan, or Parmesan-style, cheese
50g (2½ oz) soya flour
100g (3½ oz) ground almonds
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 sun-blush tomato pieces, finely chopped
20g (¾ oz) basil, chopped
4 tablespoons water
4 eggs
salt and pepper

Everyone enjoys these light, puffy, protein-rich savoury muffins – and as they don’t contain any wheat flour, they’re ideal if you who want to avoid this or are watching your carbohydrate intake.

Line a 9-hole muffin tin with medium-sized muffin cakes (like cup-cake cases).

Put the cottage cheese into a bowl with all but 15g (½ oz) of the cheese, the soya flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sun-blush tomatoes, basil, water and eggs. Mix all together and season with salt and pepper.

Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, scatter with the remaining cheese and bake in a preheated oven, 200oC, 400oF, Gas Mark 6, for 20 minutes, or until set, risen and golden brown.

Serve as soon as possible – they’re lovely eaten warm.

Taken from Rose Elliot Vegetarian Supercook, published by Hamlyn

I prefer them cooled, with a cup of coffee. Yum. You can get soya flour at Holland and Barretts.

all these lovely new recipes, can you put them on the recipe thread too, so they dont get lost on the forum, will be trying these out soon, yummmmmmmmmmm

ive added them so theydont get lost, thanks ladies for posting them,

sue x

Back